INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art / (Multiple Artists)  (Read 1034 times)

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
Cover Art / (Multiple Artists)
« on: February 04, 2003, 07:04:55 am »

During one of the various beta releases I ended up with
289 songs that have album coverart pointing to an image file called "(Multiple Artists) - album name"
It usually contains an image with the same album name but a different artist.

I also have 500 songs that have coverart pointing to an image file "Yo-Yo Ma.jpg" These songs are not for artist Yo-Yo Ma but the last artist I have when sorted alphabetically is Yo-Yo Ma.

How can I reset the coverart image file field and have the correct coverart collected ? I tried Tools | Get coverart from Intenert with the options of "always get" but it didn't reset any of the coverart image files.

Autoelph

Re: Cover Art / (Multiple Artists)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2003, 09:30:01 am »

This is one of those little annoyances that MC9 has (sorry guys). To add new artwork, you have to remove the existing artwork from it's unfornate wrong assignment first: Highlight all files that have the wrong art, go to the image area on the properties flyout, click on the "Tools" button at bottom and choose the "remove" function.

Then try adding from internet or local files (if you have the correct ones already downloaded) to get the right images in place.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2003, 09:51:11 am »

Autoelph

Yep, Bug been there for sometime, not sure if it was in MJ8 or not.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Autoelph

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2003, 10:47:40 am »

I think I remember this in 8 as well, didn't see it as a bug as much as an unfortunate default setting, maybe.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2003, 08:52:55 pm »

I had a similar problem after editing file properties: If I edit and save any file property for a mp3 file which contains cover art inside file. The cover art stays in the file, But MC9 changes its reference from "inside file" to "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\Cover Art\..." The reference should stay "inside file"

Try build 105 or later. They fixed this bug.

Autoelph

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 04:40:36 am »

The one bug or feature I didn't like at all was if I had art in the file, but MC still wouldn't show it, I would then use the "get from internet" feature so MC would have it's own seperate assignment of the image. If the box "save image in file" is unchecked, then the image that was already in the file would be removed. This means I always have to have that box checked, and it means much longer update times to get the art showing in MC.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 05:09:34 am »

I keep all album art inside the file.  Every build of MC9 I've tried (96 and higher) has displayed this with no problem.

As a new user, I have not, however, used MC9 to obtain album art or tag any of my music. If MC9 puts the art in a separate folder rather than inside file, I will stick with Tag&Rename and ID3-TagIT for all tagging of newly ripped MP3 music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up