INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding fields to Find & Replace  (Read 325 times)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
Adding fields to Find & Replace
« on: July 10, 2024, 11:55:59 pm »

How do I add more fields into Find & Replace? I can't figure out how the columns there are chosen, but I'd like to add additional ones.

Thanks!

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Adding fields to Find & Replace
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 09:20:31 am »

Select where you want Find and Replaceto look in the check box on the left pop-up box.

If you're talking about fields not in the checkbox to the left, you go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields.

Either Add New Field or at the top left of the box select what you want to show.  Mine is Select all fields (including hidden fields)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 10:48:59 am »

Select where you want Find and Replaceto look in the check box on the left pop-up box.

If you're talking about fields not in the checkbox to the left, you go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields.

Either Add New Field or at the top left of the box select what you want to show.  Mine is Select all fields (including hidden fields)

Thanks Dawgincontrol!

But here's what I'm seeing. First pic is in the Options where Filename (path) is included. The second pic is my Find & Replace window, which does not show Filename (path) as an option. [It goes from D to G.] There are very items in that Find & Replace window. And I don't see how I can add more fields there. I'm not sure how the current fields displayed were chosen.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 01:41:39 pm »

The little gray button to the right of Disc# and Genre is a slider and should be able to mouse up and down for the rest of the fields.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 01:44:21 pm »

The little gray button to the right of Disc# and Genre is a slider and should be able to mouse up and down for the rest of the fields.

Yes, but Filename is not there. In fact, the majority of the items in Manage Library Fields is not in Find & Replace.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2024, 02:08:49 pm »

Bump!  ;D

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2024, 03:59:54 pm »

There are some fields you cannot edit in Find and Replace and filename is one of them.  Filename can be edited in the tag window but it is a derivative of the file path and you could cause problems there.  The find and replace is really for a change to multiple files.  Filename is taken from the filepath.

What exactly are you trying to change?

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2024, 03:04:43 pm »

Was trying to change Filepath. Renaming root files and instead of relinking each album inside individually, wanted to just rename the root filename. (Folders inside the root file are not changing names.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up