INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sync to USB and Convert HiRes Audio  (Read 504 times)

pierre.goyette

• Recent member
Sync to USB and Convert HiRes Audio
« on: July 15, 2024, 12:50:50 pm »

I have a playlist which I sync to a USB key for my car. I have three formats of source music:  MP3, ALAC (CD), ALAC (HiRes)
My car does not support anything above 44/16. 

So, ideally, I would like it to sync MP3 and ALAC (CD) and Downsample ALAC (HiRes).

Help for the option "Specified output format only when necessary (including high bitrates)" says:

The file is only converted when it is not supported by the target device, as defined by the supported file types listed in the Handheld Options > "File, Paths, & More > Supported Types", or the file type is supported but the bitrate is significantly higher than the output bitrate specified in the Encoder settings of the Encoder selected in the Handheld Options.

BUT, when I select ALAC (or FLAC) as the output, options for the format are compression levels. There appears no way to say, max bit rate is CD quality.

How can I do this ?

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Sync to USB and Convert HiRes Audio
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 12:58:47 am »

It has been a while since I have done this, but if I recall somewhere in the DSP menu you can set the output to 16 bits.   Since you have the original files in ALAC, perhaps convert everything to FLAC to you know which files are originals and which are conversions? I have only done conversions in FLAC so I am not as confident in the settings for ALAC which is another reason I would point to FLAC for the outputs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up