INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NUC Id Bootup Freezes  (Read 488 times)

georgmr

• Recent member
NUC Id Bootup Freezes
« on: August 01, 2024, 03:23:02 pm »

I just received the latest NUC Id.  Last night it was turning my television on and off so I powered the NUC down.  When I powered up this morning the boot process freezes on a blue operating system selection screen.  Tried several keyboards and could not make a selection and the count down timer is frozen up.  I can't get the NUC to boot past the blue screen (attached).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NUC Id Bootup Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 09:19:30 am »

I just received the latest NUC Id.  Last night it was turning my television on and off so I powered the NUC down.  When I powered up this morning the boot process freezes on a blue operating system selection screen.  Tried several keyboards and could not make a selection and the count down timer is frozen up.  I can't get the NUC to boot past the blue screen (attached).
Are there any other USB devices attached? The timer shouldn't really ever just stop. Does it count down to 0 and stop or freeze before 0?

georgmr

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 07:33:05 am »

That worked. Unplugging the usb DAC did the trick and the NUC boots up fine. Thank you.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2024, 08:37:37 am »

That worked. Unplugging the usb DAC did the trick and the NUC boots up fine. Thank you.
Great!
If you want to keep it plugged in you might try disabling USB booting in the bios (or try a different port). Perhaps the NUC bios is confused about the properties of the DAC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up