INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 32 on Win10 can't move lines between panes to expand  (Read 313 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC 32 on Win10 can't move lines between panes to expand
« on: July 16, 2024, 03:21:50 pm »

We found an old Win10 machine to use on our deck with our outdoor projecter, and I loaded MC 32 on it. I've rebooted quite a few times, but can't get any of the pane dividers to move. I can get them to minimize and maximize via those tiny arrows on the dividing lines, but I when I mouse over the lines I don't get the option to manually resize (as per the red arrows in the screenshot).

Now it's been over 20 years since I loaded a virgin MC (with none of my custom fields, etc), so maybe there's a "lock" setting somewhere that I don't remember? Or maybe it's a Win10 issue?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: MC 32 on Win10 can't move lines between panes to expand
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 07:32:43 pm »

That is a weird one.  I would've suggested rebooting, but you've done that.

There is no setting to lock the splitter bars.  The only way you can achieve that is by assigning a zero width splitter thickness in the skin XML file, but I can see from your screenshot that the splitters have a physical width.

I imagine you've already tried this, but if not, switch among different skins and see if that unfreezes them.  If that does not work, the next step would be to reinstall JRiver.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 09:29:13 pm »

That is a weird one.  I imagine you've already tried this, but if not, switch among different skins and see if that unfreezes them.  If that does not work, the next step would be to reinstall JRiver.

Yeah, that didn't do the trick either.  I installed the very latest and still the same issue... or so I thought. I'm not seeing anything when I hover of the separators, but they are thick enough that if I just randomly move the line with my cursor somewhere on it, it will move!  I miss every once in a while, but at least it works.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 10:07:45 pm »

Glad to hear you are able to get it working, even if only with some difficulty.

Just to be clear though: the cursor does not change appearance when you hover directly over the splitters "triangles".  But it sounds like you're not seeing the expected double-headed cursor for manual resizing (as you mocked up in your initial screenshot) when you locate your cursor anywhere on the splitter, correct?  I also assume you are not using any special/custom cursor software, such as cursorFX.

Maybe take a look at the mouse settings in control panel (yes… control panel, not the more modern Windows10 general settings) and make sure the resizing cursor icon hasn't been changed somehow to be the same as the default cursor appearance.  That seems highly unlikely, but if the cursor does not change to a double-headed arrow as you move along the splitter, that is the only thing I can think of that might cause it.  I have never experienced a misbehaving cursor while using MC that you seem to be.  Hope you can get it figured out.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 10:11:49 pm »

I just thought of one more thing.  There is a checkbox for "enhanced mouse precision".  Maybe try toggling that see if it helps.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2024, 01:40:26 am »

I just thought of one more thing.  There is a checkbox for "enhanced mouse precision".  Maybe try toggling that see if it helps.

shoot - I thought I was hitting reply and i think I hit "report to moderator"!  We shall see ;-)

You may be on to something about the mouse settings. Last week I noodled with my mouse settings to make the cursor massive and bright yellow. I always have 3 screens, and I kept losing the mouse when going from screen 2 to screen 1.  I'll take a look and see if that's the issue. If it is, though, I'm tempted to keep my huge cursor and deal with just moving lines  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up