INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes to Track Info  (Read 422 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Changes to Track Info
« on: July 17, 2024, 10:43:24 am »

I am using the Playing Now Noire Track Info option. I would like to change the Comment line to a Composer line and possible add other lines. I made the change to Composer in the Noire index.html file, but the Composer field does not seem to be recognized as a valid field. Other fields, like Filename, seem to work correctly.   There are also other fields, including user defined fields that it does not seem to recognize.  Any insight on how to make it recognize the Composer and other non-recognized fields would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: Changes to Track Info
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 04:07:15 am »

I am using the Playing Now Noire Track Info option. I would like to change the Comment line to a Composer line and possible add other lines. I made the change to Composer in the Noire index.html file, but the Composer field does not seem to be recognized as a valid field. Other fields, like Filename, seem to work correctly.   There are also other fields, including user defined fields that it does not seem to recognize.  Any insight on how to make it recognize the Composer and other non-recognized fields would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Since you mention "I made the change to Composer in the Noire index.html" I can only assume you are trying to make changes to one of the ET Ultimate TrackInfo Plugins, which theoretically have been replaced by the MC Ultra TrackInfo Plugins; unlike the Skin Dependent ET Ultimate TI's the MC Ultra Ti's are Skin Independent and provide the users with more options

Both the ET Ultimate and MC Ultra TI's have always been able to handle/recognize every Field/Tag that is present in the MC Library; i.e. Displayed when using the Tools >> Options >> Library & Folders >> ... Manage Library Fields.. >> Display all fields Option; provided they are entered into the relevant HTML file in the correct "Label" - "TrackInfo_Insert(Field Name)" format. Where "Label" is the ... Manage Library Fields.. window Display Name: for the Field and "Field Name" is the ... Manage Library Fields.. window Name: of the Field.
N.B. The Contents of "Field Name" MUST be in exactly the same format as it appears in the ... Manage Library Fields.. Window.
e.g. For the "Album Artist" field you would use TrackInfo_Insert(Album Artist) whilst for the "Album Artist (auto)" field  you would use TrackInfo_Insert(Album Artist (auto))
Note: The instruction you add to a TI should be similar to that used for same type of field/tag appearing in the same section of the HTML file being modified. 

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2024, 06:08:15 am »

Thanks for your reply. Noire is, unfortunately, not one of your TI's. It is an old simple one, that, I believe predates your current work. I am looking for something with just a small number of fields and Noire fits that bill. I could modify one of your TI's but was hoping to make a simple change in this simpler file.

This is the line I am changing

<td class="tracka" align="right" valign="top">COMMENT:</td>
   <td class="trackb" valign="top">TRACKINFO_INSERT_COMMENT</td>

changing it to

<td class="tracka" align="right" valign="top">COMPOSER:</td>
   <td class="trackb" valign="top">TRACKINFO_INSERT_COMPOSER</td>

what shows in Playing Now as

COMPOSER: TRACKINFO_INSERT_COMPOSER

Some field names work doing this and some do not. Unfortunately, COMPOSER does not. It appears that these older forms use some other mechanism for identifying fields that, for some reason, does not recognize all of them.

Do you have any insight into these older forms?  Perhaps these old ones, Dreamscape, Noire, Noire Viz, Ocean, Simple should be replaced with ones consistent with your new format.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2024, 01:41:22 am »

OOPS - Given the fact that the MC Ultra Series of TI's is a combination of most of the options from the CSS Dream TI and those from the ET Ultimate Series TI's it was rather remiss of me to forget that there are 2 older TI's that have Noire in their name.

DTC - As this page https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Track_Info_Template_SDK    reveals a limited number of Fields are allocated TRACKINFO_INSERT_FIELDNAME Style Keywords. For any Field not in that list you have to use the "TrackInfo_Insert(Field Name)" style command.

If you change <td class="trackb" valign="top">TRACKINFO_INSERT_COMPOSER</td> to <td class="trackb" valign="top">TrackInfo_Insert(Composer)</td> your changes to that TI will work as will using that style/format for any other Field you want to display that is not allocated a keyword.

I am not responsible for what you refer to as "your new format" it certainly existed back in 2002 when the Dreamstate TI, and  CSS Dream TI were created, both use a mixture of TRACKINFO_INSERT_FIELDNAME and TrackInfo_Insert(Field Name) commands to get the Field data onto the form/window. All I was responsible for was making better/greater use of the TrackInfo_Insert(Field Name) command to provide the user with more information about the track that was being played and the album it is from.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2024, 08:31:14 am »

Thanks ET. That works perfectly.

I had seen the two different forms for the field name command but did not know what the difference was. That was why I said there were different forms.  Clearly TrackInfo_Insert is a more general command and is the one to use going forward. And it will let me us my custom fields, so I can customize as much as I want to.

Part of the reason I wanted Composer was to be able to adjust between classical and non-classical music, which you have done in great detail. I have a couple of user defined fields that have artist or composer in them depending on the genre. So, using those, I can have artist or composer at the top of the display depending on genre. I already have the logic in the user defined fields, so do not need to repeat it here.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up