INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no sound from JRiver/ultraRendu/Qutest system  (Read 325 times)

Myles97

no sound from JRiver/ultraRendu/Qutest system
« on: July 22, 2024, 05:02:12 pm »

I am unable to get any sound after installing a new Sonore ultraRendu. I followed the ultraRendu manual at docs.sonore. Here are some details of this ultraRendu to Chord Qutest problem with JRiver 32 running on Windows 11. This is a new installation and my introduction to Sonore. I will send this info to Sonore as well.

Open sonicorbiter.com - shows zero music servers and one network player
urendu-047811, Version 2.9, IP: 192.168.0.48/app_dlna_mpd.php,
MAC: D0:63:B4:04:78:11
Choose mode#3 MPD/DLNA (did not see a way to try mode #3A)
Set for compatibility mode
I tried setting up UPnP for both the Rendu and JRiver but found no difference with or without UPnP.

Open ultra Rendu, apps, shows MPD/DLNA Renderer
go to DAC diagnostics shows Qutest   245f:0815
Set DAC to Max volume leaving this screen

JRiver shows that Media Network is set for DLNA and using the TCP port 52199

Topology is fiber internet modem with 4 RJ-45 connections > Cat6 to music room > Trendnet un-managed ethernet switch > one Cat6 output to ultraRendu and one Cat6 cable to the NUC/MusicServer > Bent Audio Passive with autoformer > monobloc 211 tube amps > AudioNote J-Spe speakers

If I run the Oyaide usb A to usb B cable from the music server to the DAC it works. It finds the DAC and finds the drivers with no intervention. If I run that same cable to the usb A on the Rendu I get nothing. Checking the output source in JRiver shows no Chord drivers to select. It only shows me the defaults. I went through a full power down before changing the cable connections.

I presume I missed something in the incantation required for the Rendu to mate with the Qutest or that I can't see how to select the Chord USB driver when the DAC comes after the Rendu. Please help me to figure out what I did wrong or tell me what hardware or settings needs to be changed.

Thank you for any help you can provide,
Myles J Swift

markf2748

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: no sound from JRiver/ultraRendu/Qutest system
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 10:55:57 am »

Not clear to me from your description, but it sounds like JRiver is not seeing the ultraRendu over the network?  Network address issue with the ultraRendu?  See:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=122736.0

May be related to your not being able to set up Mode #3a.  I have no experience with it, but the sub-mode of Mode #3 which you are trying (3b? 3c?) may not recognize the DLNA which MC uses.  Which operating system is MC running under?

Also, try different output formats from MC Options > Media Network > DLNA Servers (Generic DLNA) > Audio > Mode: Specified Output Formt > ...

7/23/2024 Edited for clarity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up