INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stutter when playing mounted BluRay ISO files located on network drives  (Read 679 times)

bogdanbz

• World Citizen

This is a duplicate of the issue I opened for MC32: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,139285.0.html

It seems that if you try to play a movie from a BluRay iso file located on the network and mounted in a virtual drive in Windows, there will be stutter, just like there was stutter with mkv files right after switching to the new version of LAV filters.

It doesn't matter if I try to play using menus, only the main title, or just double-click the movie m2ts file, there will be stutter after skipping in the file, and even without skipping in the file.

I experienced this even while having the iso file on a SSD on the remote server.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Stutter when playing mounted BluRay ISO files located on network drives
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2024, 12:14:00 am »

That sounds like it would be up to whatever mounts the ISO file (Windows, I guess) to set appropriate network buffering options. We set them on opening, but that seems to not translate through to the network access due to the local mounting.
I don't think there is much we can do here, as file IO is abstracted through the mounting procedure, so the layer in the middle there would need to be optimized for network access.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

audioriver

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2024, 08:21:28 am »

Have you tried mounting them with Virtual CloneDrive?
Windows 10 Pro x64

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 03:54:10 pm »

No, I only used the Windows built-in feature
Pages: [1]   Go Up