INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: copy/paste  (Read 342 times)

Byron5624

copy/paste
« on: August 19, 2024, 06:18:50 am »

IHI,
n the LInux version, it seems impossible to copy/paste a directory (album) to Mediacenter. It also seems impossible to open a directory from the file explorer to Mediacenter (open with an application). In other words, do we have to create a media library to use mediacenter Linux?
Regards

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: copy/paste
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 06:52:42 am »

Not entirely sure what you mean Byron... But I have both Windows and Linux MC versions running with one set of media files sitting on an NTFS drive - however they never run concurrently as the OS do not play together nicely.

A library is built by pointing the Library AutoImport settings to the head folder of your media files - or several places if you really want. Once you point it there and turn on Auto Import it builds the library itself. If there is a to cut/paste it would be very tedious way to build the library. Heaps of articles on JRiver wikki to start settings up for this.

If you just want to be able to to open a file somewhere to test it or listen and have MC start and open it - that depends on you Linux OS. I use Manjaro with KDE and it doe this (file associations) but that it outside MC and setup in the Linux file system.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC & SMSL SU-1 DAC /Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound - DLNA Network to WiiM Ultra Streamer /Onkyo Receiver in Music Room & Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up