INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Screen Recording permissions seems broken if on?  (Read 502 times)

Landozelig

• Recent member
Screen Recording permissions seems broken if on?
« on: August 21, 2024, 11:13:12 pm »

I can finally ask this question because I have narrowed this down.

With MC31 & MC32 on my MacBook Air, when I would start a movie and full screen it, even the slightest mouse movement would seem to switch between 2 desktops, my normal desktop, with the MC media controls on the top, and a full screen of the movie. It was very irritating, but I don't watch a lot of movies on my Mac, so ok.

I never knew why until now. Installing MC33, I was asked all the permissions for MC33 - accessibility, input monitoring, screen recording etc. I noticed that the screen was working as expected ... until I allowed screen recording. When I turned that on, I got the odd behavior again, so I turned it off and it's good. Is this a bug or is this the way it's supposed to work and I just don't understand it? Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Screen Recording permissions seems broken if on?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2024, 10:30:31 am »

I can finally ask this question because I have narrowed this down.

With MC31 & MC32 on my MacBook Air, when I would start a movie and full screen it, even the slightest mouse movement would seem to switch between 2 desktops, my normal desktop, with the MC media controls on the top, and a full screen of the movie. It was very irritating, but I don't watch a lot of movies on my Mac, so ok.

I never knew why until now. Installing MC33, I was asked all the permissions for MC33 - accessibility, input monitoring, screen recording etc. I noticed that the screen was working as expected ... until I allowed screen recording. When I turned that on, I got the odd behavior again, so I turned it off and it's good. Is this a bug or is this the way it's supposed to work and I just don't understand it? Thanks.
That's quite interesting and it's not the intended behavior, will look into in when we can. Lack of the screen recording permission shouldn't break MC, it's only used in very limited cases copying from one place to another on the main UI.

Landozelig

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2024, 12:00:32 pm »

Ok, good to know it wasn't me. This happened on both a 13" M1 Macbook Air and a 15" M2 Macbook Air. It's not really an issue as I just don't allow the screen recording and it plays just fine, but maybe this thread can help someone else out that has the issue. Thanks again.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 11:13:32 am »

Ok, good to know it wasn't me. This happened on both a 13" M1 Macbook Air and a 15" M2 Macbook Air. It's not really an issue as I just don't allow the screen recording and it plays just fine, but maybe this thread can help someone else out that has the issue. Thanks again.
Can you allow the setting again and look at this in settings?

There's a setting in MC related to popup transparency (search for transparency in the settings search box)
Try different settings for that and see if it makes any difference please.

Trying to see if we can just eliminate most if not all of those screen grabs.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 11:43:36 am »

Also I disabled the screen grabbing on tooltip fade-ins in 33.0.22. If the transparency setting doesn't change anything in 33.0.20 please try 33.0.22 Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up