INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Ripping  (Read 420 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
CD Ripping
« on: August 30, 2024, 03:38:43 am »

11) CD Ripping. I use both versions and I can only effectively rip CDs effectively on the Windows version action menu, then I have to sych my 2x 8TB media drives, to pull it accross to the Linux version and now my main system. Linux version may be able to do this but I have not had it working effectively as yet (~ 12months of trying to pull my CD library in and replace old mp3 with FLAC files).
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC & SMSL SU-1 DAC /Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound - DLNA Network to WiiM Ultra Streamer /Onkyo Receiver in Music Room & Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: CD Ripping
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 09:21:00 am »

+1 from me too

11) CD Ripping. I use both versions and I can only effectively rip CDs effectively on the Windows version action menu, then I have to sych my 2x 8TB media drives, to pull it accross to the Linux version and now my main system. Linux version may be able to do this but I have not had it working effectively as yet (~ 12months of trying to pull my CD library in and replace old mp3 with FLAC files).

CD Ripping works on Linux for me?  Can you describe what specifically is not working?

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2024, 08:29:31 pm »

Sorry - I thought I had posted this on reply to "Feature parity..." thread. Sorry I cant quote links correctly - many years here in the forum but this funky post editor dialog still confuses me.

Thanks mwillems.
Basically the Linux version has trouble recognising disks. In the attachment here I have loaded a 'Shaggy' CD into the drive /dev/sr0. JRiver sees the name of the disk but does not recognise its audio CD and still says 'Insert a disk' in the Rip Disk dialog. Perhaps because its a mixed audio CD with some data on it that was poular in the 90's or something - but I get this often even with straight Audio CD (no data files).

Windows version never has this confusion and will pick it up and rip it with no problem.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC & SMSL SU-1 DAC /Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound - DLNA Network to WiiM Ultra Streamer /Onkyo Receiver in Music Room & Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 09:45:14 pm »

On a related note, another bug: device mounts are only accessible if they are present at MC startup. If you mount a device after MC has started it is not detected.

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 09:16:35 am »

This just got me again too. Just picked up Billy Bragg & Wilco Mermaid Avenue I/II used from a local record shop, and Mermaid Avenue I ripped beautifully, and the second one has no files on it according to MC32  :( :(.
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous
Pages: [1]   Go Up