INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of suspected bugs - disappearing cursor, inability to FF or rewind  (Read 235 times)

S. Pupp

• Junior Woodchuck

I'm trying to get JRiver working well enough on my Mac Mini M1 to replace the bulky Windows HTPC currently in use.
I use Theater mode.  I have a FLIRC to convert IR signals from my remote control to keyboard commands.
Current issues getting in the way:

1.  I cannot find a key combination that works for rewind or fast forward.
     On my Windows HTPC, I believe I use "Ctl-right arrow" and "Ctl-left arrow."
     On my Mac Mini M1, I tried "cmd-right arrow" and "cmd-left arrow," "Ctl-right arrow" and "Ctl-left arrow" and other combinations involving shift and opt and Ctl and cmd - none of them works for rewind or fast forward.

Is there a key combo that allows for rewind and fast forward on an M1 Mac?

2.  The cursor disappears from the screen when Media Center is the front application.
     To reproduce this, play a video from Theater mode then stop the video.  Press "esc" to get out of theater mode.  The cursor disappears when Media Center is the front application, until Media Center is quit and reopened.

3.  The "Del" key does go back to the previous screen as intended, but displays a "d" on the screen in the process.
     Pressing it twice close together displays a "dd."
     While preparing this post, I discovered that "option-left arrow" works for this purpose without displaying any letters.

I'd appreciate any assistance that could be given.  Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up