INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Dolby Vision profiles are supported for tone mapping?  (Read 476 times)

nathan_h

• Recent member
Which Dolby Vision profiles are supported for tone mapping?
« on: August 30, 2024, 03:43:08 pm »

Using some test files it seems that profile 5 and 8 files typically don't tone map to SDR (colors are terribly off) but some profile 7 files render okay.  Is that the expected behavior?  Are there settings I can adjust to increase compatibility?

I did a search through the forum and the wiki, but only see general comments about improved caching to reduce stuttering.

nathan_h

• Recent member
Re: Which Dolby Vision profiles are supported for tone mapping?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2024, 01:37:42 pm »

Did I post this question in the wrong area?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2024, 02:16:08 pm »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132673.0.html suggests it is used to create HDR10 compatible output but doesn't talk about sdr.

Perhaps you would be better asking in an existing jrvr thread or on the windows board given that most video users will be Windows users and cross platform stuff tends to live there

nathan_h

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2024, 05:06:21 pm »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132673.0.html suggests it is used to create HDR10 compatible output but doesn't talk about sdr.

Perhaps you would be better asking in an existing jrvr thread or on the windows board given that most video users will be Windows users and cross platform stuff tends to live there

Thanks for the leads.

That thread looks promising and Hendrik talks about mapping DV to SDR in it!  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up