INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skinning The Playing Now popup  (Read 3377 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Skinning The Playing Now popup
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2024, 06:21:02 am »

There seems to be some discrepancy between how MC33.0.20 is interpreting/using the attached code under Win11 and Mac Sequoia.

Code: [Select]
<MJPS version="1.0">
<SKIN Name="ET Control" Author="EnglishTiger" />

<POPUP>
<Settings Width="600" Height="200" BackImage="" BackColor="" Border="yes" />
<ContentItem Type="image" Name="Thumbnail" X="10" Y="10" Width="180" Height="180" Source="[Large]" Tooltip="[Name] by [Artist] from [Album]" />
<ContentItem Type="text" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="Name" X="200" Y="10" Width="390" Height="20" Text="[Name]" FontStyle="bold" Tooltip="[Name]" />
  <ContentItem Type="text" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="Artist" X="200" Y="30" Width="390" Height="20" Text="[Artist]" Tooltip="[Artist]" />
<ContentItem Type="rating" Name="Rating" X="350" Y="50" Width="100" Height="20"/>
  <ContentItem Type="text" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="Album" X="200" Y="70" Width="390" Height="20" Text="[Album]" Tooltip="[Album]" />
<ContentItem Type="text" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="Genre" X="200" Y="90" Width="390" Height="20" Text="[Genre]" Tooltip="[Genre]" />
<ContentItem Type="time" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="ElapsedTime" X="200" Y="110" Width="390" Height="20" Text="{e} // {t}"/>
  <ContentItem Type="text" HAlign="center" FontSize="18" Name="Details" X="200" Y="130" Width="390" Height="20" Text="File Type: [File Type] - Bit Depth//Sample Rate: [Bit Depth]//[Sample Rate]" /> 
  <ContentItem Type="image" Name="Previous" X="302" Y="160" Width="48" Height="32" Source="{PlayerBar,PreviousButton,0}||{PlayerBar,PreviousButton,1}||{PlayerBar,PreviousButton,2}" Tooltip="Previous: [Name] by [Artist] from [Album]" Command="10004,4" TrackOffset="-1"/>
  <ContentItem Type="image" Name="Play" X="350" Y="160" Width="48" Height="32" Source="{PlayerBar,PlayButton,0}||{PlayerBar,PlayButton,1}||{PlayerBar,PlayButton,2}" Tooltip="Play//Pause [Name] by [Artist] from [Album]" Command="10000"/>
  <ContentItem Type="image" Name="Stop" X="398" Y="160" Width="48" Height="32" Source="{PlayerBar,StopButton,0}||{PlayerBar,StopButton,1}||{PlayerBar,StopButton,2}" Tooltip="Stop" Command="10002"/>
  <ContentItem Type="image" Name="Next" X="446" Y="160" Width="48" Height="32" Source="{PlayerBar,NextButton,0}||{PlayerBar,NextButton,1}||{PlayerBar,NextButton,2}" Tooltip="Next: [Name] by [Artist] from [Album]" Command="10003,0" TrackOffset="1" />
</POPUP>

</MJPS>

The attached images show that on my Win11 PC only the [Name] line is using a Bold Fontface but on the Mac Mini all the lines seem to be using either a Bold Fontface or a different font size.

P.S. Semi-Colon delimited lists are being displayed without the space between the semi-colon ; and the next entry in the list

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2024, 08:17:48 am »

The other text does not look bold to me on the Mac, just bigger.  Try a smaller font size on the Mac.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: Yesterday at 02:44:23 am »

There is a problem when moving a PlayingNow popup that has a transparent background on the mac:-

When you try to move a transparent popup on the Win PC the background goes solid but on the Mac it remains transparent and it's almost like the darn thing is creating a screenie of the area of the MC Window it's sitting on. I had the popup situated over a TI in the display panel/window that was displaying lyrics and when I moved it parts of the "Text/Lyrics" visible behind the Popup got moved as well and remained visible behind the popup until a track change.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: Yesterday at 02:59:51 am »

There's also a problem if the popup is manually induced, using ctrl+I, just before the end of a track

As the attached image shows the Artwork and details are for the track it had been playing but the timings are for the track that is currently playing

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: Yesterday at 01:22:15 pm »

There is a problem when moving a PlayingNow popup that has a transparent background on the mac:-

This was caused by the "simulated" background transparency on the Mac.  The next Mac build will support "real" transparency and will avoid this problem.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #55 on: Yesterday at 02:23:27 pm »

There's also a problem if the popup is manually induced, using ctrl+I, just before the end of a track

Probably caused by the short delay before doing a screen grab for the "simulated" transparency.  Please try the next Mac build.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: Yesterday at 10:07:11 pm »

Probably caused by the short delay before doing a screen grab for the "simulated" transparency.  Please try the next Mac build.

The problem of only the timings for the new track being the only thing that got updated when a track change happened with a manually invoked popup was happening on my Win PC with a Popup that has a solid background.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: Today at 08:31:18 am »

The problem of only the timings for the new track being the only thing that got updated when a track change happened with a manually invoked popup was happening on my Win PC with a Popup that has a solid background.

I am not seeing this.  Could you please share steps to reproduce?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: Today at 09:48:18 am »

I am not seeing this.  Could you please share steps to reproduce?

With the PlayingNow PopUp disabled, I got it to happen by  using ctrl+I to open the popup pretty close to the end of the 1st track and spotted that after the track change the Timings were those for the new track whilst the coverart and other details were for the 1st track. I was using the attached popup skin with the duration set to 60 seconds.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: Today at 11:05:28 am »

With the PlayingNow PopUp disabled, I got it to happen by  using ctrl+I to open the popup pretty close to the end of the 1st track and spotted that after the track change the Timings were those for the new track whilst the coverart and other details were for the 1st track. I was using the attached popup skin with the duration set to 60 seconds.

Fixed.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up