INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watercolor - Updated  (Read 3015 times)

dragyn

Watercolor - Updated
« on: January 22, 2003, 05:20:22 pm »

Player window in Ergonomic, Olive, & Blue have been updated since initial release.

[shadow=black,down,300]Download[/shadow]
Blue
Ergonomic
Olive
Purple
Green
Copper

[shadow=black,down,300]Screenshots[/shadow]
Blue
Ergonomic
Olive
Purple
Green
Copper

I'm also making the hairstyle skin to go with each of them. Will be available at a later time once hairstyle is finalysed.

this thread has been edited by Dragyn for easier reading

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
Re: Watercolor - Preview, Help, & Bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 07:11:42 am »

That would be excellent if you could finish this.  I use Watercolor as my XP skin.  I don't know if I could help with the bugs because, well, I know absolutely nothing about skinning.

Good luck, though!

Right now, I run MC9 skinless which seems to work fairly well with StyleXP's Watercolor skin.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 08:00:43 am »

Wow, that looks awesome!

Fire away your questions and we'll see if we can help -- it'd be great to see it get finished so we can all enjoy it :D
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 11:42:28 am »

Thanks guys. I don't know much about skinning myself. I'm just playing around with it.

I almost have the player window done. I need to work out the borders and the title bar some more. I also noticed the checkboxes are not quite the same so I'll have to redo that.

I wouldn't expect some professional looking skin. It will just be a usable skin for right now. I'm trying to make it match the theme as close as I can.

As for ?'s, what does Weight="" do? I haven't seen anything on it. I just saw it in the Frame settings.

thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 12:42:59 pm »

Weight is used when creating the font.  Play around to see what it does. (it's thickness I think, but I'm not sure)

Marko

Re: Watercolor - Ready for download
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2003, 09:41:34 pm »

Like a breath of fresh air!!!

Thank you for the time and effort you put into this skin.
Great work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2003, 04:50:47 am »

Wow, I love this thing!

And did they give you permission to run with it without restriction?

Anyway, great work!

dragyn

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2003, 10:57:46 am »

Thanks!

The guy that created this watercolor style let me use it for Media Jukebox/Center. He said it was ok. The actual image styles are those of Microsoft. I had to edit the images a bit to fit it for MC.

I also plan on doing the other 3 colors: Blue, Olive Green, & Silver. If there is another popular color someone wants done, I can do that too. I usually don't have anything to do.

As I said in the first post, I made a hairstyle skin. It really jumps out at ya. It uses the blocks in the titlebar. Pretty cool stuff. I plan on doing those in differrent colors aswell.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003, 12:08:11 pm »

Not sure if this is a bug with .103 or your skin installer but it fails to install.  Both links also try to download the Olive version rather than the standard blue.  They work from the skins page here, though.

The blue you used, although I like it better, doesn't seem to match the standard blue which has more saturation and less gray.  FYI.

dragyn

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2003, 12:38:54 pm »

I probably typed something wrong. I'll fix it. oops!

As for the blue, I used the blue based from ergonomic style. It's not really the original watercolor blue. I'm in the process of releasing that skin.

If there are any changes you feel are necessary, let me know. I tried to make the player window easy to use. The titlebar looks more aligned when bigger. I may release that version too.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2003, 12:45:43 pm »

I definitely like your skin (and I even prefer your more muted blue but until I find matching skins for StyleXP and Trillian Pro, I'm sticking with the default blue).

The only changes I'd like to see to the the scroll bar backgrounds in the mega-me player to either be more defined (i.e., a slightly bevelled edge) or for the scroll bar "brick" to blend in more with the background, if that makes any sense at all.

I'm not sure how robust MC's skinning engine is but some other nice eyecandy from watercolor is the minimize, maximize, and close widgets light up white with mouse hover and the dropdown menus use a light blue selection with a dark blue 1px square frame.  Just stuff to consider.

dragyn

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »

The default blue with be done today.

I can see what I can do with the scrollbars. I kinda see what you're saying. I used the scrollbar images from the style itself. The only thing missing is the gripper images (MC can't do those).

The minimize/close etc glyphs are in the skin (white boxes) but MC doesn't do the mouse over like it should. I reported it in the bug thread.

If you're referring to the toolbar menu at the top (dropdown menu), this isn't skinnable in MC (yet).

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2003, 02:55:30 pm »

I like very much you mega-me skin keep with the good work, but i have a problem i use MediaJukebox 8 and when i choose to see the properties of a file a black line is show ( sorry for bad english )

Made in Portugal

dragyn

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003, 03:13:27 pm »

I installed v8 on another pc and I found the problem. I will have a fix for all 3 versions shortly. Thanks for the bug report. (the bug is just for v8 as it's not doing the margins correctly)

edit: all 3 versions have now been fixed for v8.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 03:19:27 pm »

I'm getting an install error again with the blue skin.  It tells me INSTALLSKIN action failed.

dragyn

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2003, 03:22:15 pm »

It works for v8 just fine. v9 is kinda buggy when installing the skins. Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. :/

I'll add some direct link downloads again.

..I also didn't get to the scrollbar request yet. Let me know if it's still lacking in the Blue version.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 05:01:15 pm »

The blue version looks fantastic.  You might want to move the window (minimize, maximize, close) widgets up a pixel.

Also, you might want to use the dark blue for the text in the mega-me player window.  It'd be just slightly more easy to read, I think.

Now you just need to do a skin for the mini-me.

Keep up the awesome work!  

dragyn

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 07:01:46 pm »

I forgot to update the player display and dialog backgrounds for olive and blue. my bad.. The bitmap is actually a little brighter than ergonomic. I updated both of those schemes. See if that's any better.

There are some aligning issues with skins in MC. If you mean the entire white box up a pixel, then I can try it and see what it looks like. What does windowed mode look like? Any better or about the same?

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2003, 06:56:50 am »

Yeah, I mean then entire white box.  In windowed mode, it looks like it is 2 pixels too low.  Also, there's no widget on the left side of the window in windowed mode.  It just says MEDIA CENTER.

The color of the text in the blue skin looks about the same.  The background where the buttons are looks fine, mind you.  I just think the text should be darker.

dragyn

Re: Watercolor - Updated
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2003, 03:26:00 am »

I'll eventually get it fixed once I figure it out.

Added 2 new colors. More on the way.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2003, 07:53:28 am »

Dragyn,

Thanks for the purple - my favorite color!

I really like how the volume slider indicates "mute" when I've muted the volume.

Is it possible to carry the skin color over to the combo boxes in file properties?  I know zilch about skinning, so don't know if that's a feasiblity or not.  

Thanks for your work on this - it's appreciated.

Shelly

dragyn

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2003, 09:28:30 am »

It's possible to change the background and text color for the editable boxes. The dropdown menus and the selected text/back are using the windows' theme itself.

I tried to use the main color to begin with but it didn't look that great.

If you want a purple background, you can open up main.xml in notepad (in the watercolor - purple directory) and edit the Back="" and Text="" (It's towards the top of the file in the <Frame> section):

<Entry Name="Edit" >
           <Colors Back="FFFFFF" Text="000000" SelectedText="FFFFFF" SelectedBack="5296F7" DisabledBack="EBEBE6" DisabledText="A0A097" />
     </Entry>

<Entry Name="ComboBox" Bitmap="Frame_ComboBox.gif" NumberImages="4" >
           <Colors Back="FFFFFF" Text="000000" DisabledBack="EBEBE6" DisabledText="A0A097" />
     </Entry>

For that scheme, it would be Back="875287" and Text="FFFFFF". White text on purple background. Can use Text="000000" for black text.

---
Thanks for the comments everyone. More color schemes on the way!

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2003, 09:37:51 am »

Looks fantastic!  Each iteration looks better than the last.

Only suggestions I have are that the windows widgets in the title bar are still a pixel too low in the main screen and 2 pixels too low in the media center display screen.

Also, i'd lift the buttons in the mega-me player 1 or 2 pixels as well and maybe move the pause/play, stop, reverse, forward buttons slightly closer together.

But that's just me.

Keep up the excellent work!

(And you need to do a gray one!)

dragyn

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2003, 11:35:20 am »

ok..I moved the widgets (white box), titlebar text, and the player buttons up 1 pixel. Windowed mode looks alright but maxmized doesn't. This is a nasty MC bug because it uses the same images for both. Being that the titlebar is smaller than "Z", it cuts it off.

MC doesn't display an icon in the windowed mode (eg: DSP). It does in v8 so hopefully something will go there.

I can't move the player buttons closer. I can with stop, prev, and next..but play would be too far to the left. That's the reason I kept it equal between them all.

(a gray version is on the way)

edit: if you don't know this, you can copy main.xml and all the player_*.gif files to the Data\Default Skin directory and turn skinning off. This will use your watercolor style and the new player window.

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2003, 02:43:08 pm »

When I use the watercolor skin, the scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't do anything when I try to scroll through a list. It doesn't do this with any other skins. Is this a problem with the skin or with MC?

Otherwise, looks fantastic. Nice work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up