INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bulk edit the Image path for many music tracks  (Read 140 times)

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
bulk edit the Image path for many music tracks
« on: October 03, 2024, 04:22:24 pm »

Hi,
I put this question in the Windows version 33 forum for visibility. I totally assume the solution may be the same on that version, but I actually use v29 on Mac.
I have many many tracks (14,000+) with the Image path of the cover art pointing somehow to older Media Center folders that don't exist anymore (like version 24 and 25...). I'd like to know how to bulk edit the tags of those to point them to version 29 folder where I copied all the image files.
I couldn't find where the bulk edit can be done. I remember doing this before for other tags. Can't remember where it is...

Thanks for any help.

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: bulk edit the Image path for many music tracks
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2024, 04:29:48 pm »

another question/approach would actually be maybe:
- create those missing Media Center folders with older version numbers
- then ask Media Center to move the image cover art inside the files (this is the setting I have now for tracks that have working covers)
- then ask Media Center to put a copy of the images in its own cover art cache folder (which is much faster in my case than the track files)

Is that possible?

mimizone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2024, 04:44:34 pm »

Sorry for this discussion with myself but maybe that will be useful for others.  :P

What I did that helped so far:
- search for all tracks that have an Cover Art image pointing to a "Media Center XX" folder (instead of being inside)
- created the "Media Center XX/Cover Art/Albums" folders with all the versions I needed
- copied all the cover art images I have in those folders
- ask Media Center to create thumbnails for all those tracks in the search results (Cover Art/Rebuild Thumbnail option) -> it refreshes the cache/database and most of the cover art shows up now
- ask Media Center to move the cover arts to the latest version folder (Cover Art/Save Convert Art to External Location defined in Options) -> It copies the covers to Media Center 29 folder and updates the info in the track tags/database too.
- Some tracks don't get updated because the cover file is missing
- I now have to deal with only the tracks that still have cover art pointing to older versions but search for them again since those tags haven't been changed. There is much less albums now!

8)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2024, 04:03:51 am »

With MCUtils you can change your image file tag (i.e. where the cover is located) to what ever you like. You can give MC expression which will build the path e.g. like this in command line for the selected files:
Code: [Select]
pscriptor.pl --mcexpression "//music//covers//[artist] - [album].jpg" -F "Image File" -VVV -T-F is field to modify -V is verbose level -T is test (no actual changes is made when test switch is on).
example expression sets image file to be e.g. /music/covers/Sade - Diamond Life.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up