INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What happened to MCC 10078: MCC_CLOSE_PROGRAM_AFTER_STOP ?  (Read 125 times)

haggis999

• Citizen of the Universe

PowerPoint has its own media playback capabilities but they are far less sophisticated than those of JRiver Media Center. I therefore use MC as an external media player for PowerPoint. However, this comes with the disadvantage that the focus remains with MC when the music ends.

The existing Player > More Stop > Close Program On Stop setting is of no use in these circumstances, as this appears to be a one-time setting that is not saved.

A search this morning revealed that this issue was raised a year ago (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=136926.0) and resulted in the creation of a new MCC command MCC 10078: MCC_CLOSE_PROGRAM_AFTER_STOP. However, this command is not listed on https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands. If this command could be resurrected I would be very grateful :):)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: What happened to MCC 10078: MCC_CLOSE_PROGRAM_AFTER_STOP ?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:34:51 am »

I just updated the wiki to include some new playback commands.  That command is still there.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

haggis999

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 09:54:53 am »

I just updated the wiki to include some new playback commands.  That command is still there.  Thanks.

That's rather puzzling, as I ran a search on that page for 10078 before making my post. However, that command is certainly there now and I've now given it a try in a BAT file triggered indirectly by a link in PowerPoint.

MCC_CLOSE_PROGRAM_AFTER_STOP = 1 doesn't work in Standard View, but if I specify MC33.exe /Mode Mini and play audio files it works well enough for my purposes. I have Mini View configured to be 'Always on top'. In those circumstances, MC simply remains in the foreground in a faded version without ever having the focus while the music is playing. Despite the name of that command, MC never actually closes.

That MCC command has no effect at all when I play video files (which obviously require MC to have the focus during playback). Is there any chance that the command could be modified to work as advertised and close MC, in which case I'm guessing it would handle video as well as audio? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 10:01:21 am »

I just tried close on stop with a video and it worked nicely.

haggis999

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:06:01 am »

I just tried close on stop with a video and it worked nicely.

Can you please post a copy of your BAT file so I can see exactly how you got that result with a video.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 10:08:13 am »

I just picked it from the Player > More Stop menu.

haggis999

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:28:30 am »

I just picked it from the Player > More Stop menu.

Sadly, as I mentioned in my OP, I can't see any way to make use of the Player > More Stop > Close Program On Stop setting when playing media from a BAT file. That appears to be a one-time setting that cannot be saved, for use when manually interacting with MC. Am I missing something here?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 10:41:04 am »

Sadly, as I mentioned in my OP, I can't see any way to make use of the Player > More Stop > Close Program On Stop setting when playing media from a BAT file. That appears to be a one-time setting that cannot be saved, for use when manually interacting with MC. Am I missing something here?

This command turns that on:
mc33.exe /MCC 10078,1

haggis999

« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 10:58:35 am »

This command turns that on:
mc33.exe /MCC 10078,1

Ah, that's where I was going wrong. I was using MCC_CLOSE_PROGRAM_AFTER_STOP = 1.

I think everything is now working as I want. Many thanks for your help :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up