INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi remote desktop password failed  (Read 266 times)

HamishNorton

• Recent member
IdPi remote desktop password failed
« on: October 17, 2024, 01:36:53 pm »

My IdPi is refusing to accept "remote" as a password. I did not change the password. Screenshot attached of the result I am getting when trying to log in. Any Ideas?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: IdPi remote desktop password failed
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2024, 10:13:27 am »

My IdPi is refusing to accept "remote" as a password. I did not change the password. Screenshot attached of the result I am getting when trying to log in. Any Ideas?
Did anything change in your VNC settings? The Id doesn't enable security for local connections. When I run tigerVNC on mine it says "unsecure connection"

HamishNorton

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2024, 10:49:23 am »

I don’t think I changed anything; I don’t even know how to change VNC settings. Since the last time I accessed th IdPi with a Remote Desktop connection I don’t think I made any changes except to initiate an auto-import in Media Center.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 12:42:25 pm »

I don’t think I changed anything; I don’t even know how to change VNC settings. Since the last time I accessed th IdPi with a Remote Desktop connection I don’t think I made any changes except to initiate an auto-import in Media Center.
Are you using remote desktop? You could try a VNC client as well. The IdPi works well with the free TigerVNC.

If not you might have to put a keyboard and monitor on it and reboot it from the main menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up