INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Netflix HDR issue  (Read 102 times)

kalston

• Recent member
Theatre View Netflix HDR issue
« on: October 21, 2024, 09:16:02 am »

Hello,

I upgraded to MC33 since Netflix broke surround sound on older versions of MC (and also on their own MS Store app, such a wise move, I almost cancelled my sub) and it has been mostly great... except for HDR.

What happens is that I toggle HDR on in Windows, start MC33 > Theatre View > Netfix > start a show that is listed as having HDR... and I get a totally washed out image, like the video is in the background and faded out.

Toggling HDR off, restores a correct picture... but with SDR limitations of course. I don't have any issue getting HDR to work elsewhere on this machine, including Netflix on Edge or the MS Store app (but stereo sound, no thanks).

I had this on Win 11 23H2, I upgraded to 24H2 and nothing has changed. Also tried nvidia drivers 560 and 565 so far.

Has anyone else experienced this, and maybe found some kind of workaround?

(setup: Win 11 24H2, RTX 4090, LG OLED CX - don't think anything else matters)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Theatre View Netflix HDR issue
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2024, 09:57:52 am »

Get HDR working outside Netflix first.

jmone has posted about his experiences.

kalston

• Recent member
Re: Theatre View Netflix HDR issue
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2024, 01:59:06 pm »

I have no issue with HDR outside of Netflix though. I use it for games or UHD blu-rays without any hiccup.

Edit: have narrowed it down a bit, so when using the browser version or the MS Store app, I get the same faded out view initially (while the video is shown in a small window) until I hit the button to maximise the window - then the fade out effect disappears and I get correct colours.

When using Theatre View, it starts in fullscreen... but apparently not really, and the button to maximize/minimize the window does nothing at all - keeping it stuck in this faded out state.

Edit2: yea it's very glitchy... pressed the window key to check something on Firefox then tabbed back into Theatre View and the fade out effect was gone. A workaround of sorts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up