INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.103 beta  (Read 17969 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 9.0.103 beta
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2003, 12:13:38 pm »

Tools / Options / Tree & View Settings / Toolbar...

The left panel is not drawn until another application covers it and MC9 is re-activated. Even then, the left border is not drawn. System info above.

same here, and i did notice that this morning when i hit the wrong button.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RemyJ

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2003, 02:43:59 pm »

• New: If "External Encoder" is selected for either a rip or convert, the advanced info dialog always pops up unasked for when the encoder dialog opens.

• Fixed: Burn space status bar is incorrect on first look.  Have to refresh to get it right.

• Data CD writes fail with "Can't start the write.", "Failed: Open session. Invalid field in parameter list"
  • "Decode files directly to CD" is both on the main CD writer settings page and the settings sub-page but the checkboxes aren't synchronized.
  • Now that you can get past the "Invalid Media Server Information" message box when searching for media servers, I still get multiple duplicate replies from the server if either the server or client have multiple network interfaces.  
  • When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless.
  • If the client actually gets only 1 response, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.
  • If you cancel out of the list box with the responses you get a "failed to connect" message and you get dumped into the default library instead of the library you were originally connected to.
  • Crossfade settings are ignored during an audio burn.
  • Column widths aren't saving again.  You have to drag the column separator twice to get the first change to stick.
  • When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  
  • In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.
  • Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.
  • MP3 Encoder settings are broken again.  If you select "custom" and press advanced, you get the quality selection dialog instead of the custom command line dialog.
  • Analyze audio during rip doesn't do anything.
  • When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)
  • Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 2373 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2003, 06:02:17 pm »

jpg rotation works for me here on XP Pro.

Bug?
Automatically Import files is not working here.

I've not seen this posted as a bug b4, so, if it's working for everyone else, what might be broken @ my end?

Auto import is not working on my end either.

Other Bugs:
1. Volume slider is gone
2. mpeg video files are being sorted under audio, not video

Other stuff:
1. Is it possible to sort the images by folders on the hard drive instead of assigning artists and albulms? Maybe have the Albulms auto assigned by the folder in which the images are stored. This would be useful because I sort and organize all my digital camera pics into titled folders.

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2003, 09:26:48 pm »

Undo works here and I've got the same problem jpeg.

JPG rotation works here with XP. Undo doesn't.

Files with extension ".jpeg" can't be displayed, either as thumbnails or in Playing Now window. If renamed to ".jpg", files display fine.

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2003, 09:53:58 pm »

Undo works here and I've got the same problem jpeg.

I meant that Undo does not Undo a JPG rotation that succeeded. Sorry.

JohnT

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2003, 06:16:54 am »

Just downloaded ver. 103, realizing that there are a lot of problems of late, I'm going to ask that you refer to the post I made earlier today, about the MP3 encoder plugin. To refresh, in ver. 101 ANY file decoded and then re encoded using the mp3 encoder plugin, will have an extemely bad popping sound, at the beginning of the song. It doesn't matter what bit rate you re encode in as it does it at any bit rate. Just to let you guys know, it's still doing it in ver.103 could you take a look at it?

I can't reproduce this problem. I took several mp3 files which were 128kbps and ran them through the converter tool selecting 160kpbs as output. Maybe you could email one of your files to check out here.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

lukecro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • editorial, publishing
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2003, 06:17:58 am »

When I set MC 9 to NOT use digital playback, it won't change tracks on the CD automatically. I either have to change tracks manually or rip the entire CD onto my PC and play the tracks as MP3s. When set to digital it can't play the CD at all (the only odd thing about that being that MJ 7 always seemed able to default/adjust insuch a way that I didn't have to manually turn off or on the digital playback, depending on the specs of the PC I was using). Does MC no longer support continuous CD playback when not in digital? What's the deal?

Also -- in a somewhat related issue -- with my home PC (my following specs relate to my work PC) I use different profiles with different usernames and passwords (Windows 98). I had to install and verify MJ in every single profile in order to get it to work (understandable, but it almost makes using the free version of the program easier in a way, but whatever), and then everything worked great until I updated to MC 9 beta . . . now it says that "no playback engine is available" in some (but not all) of the profiles. I'm hoping that the latest MC 9 won't have this problem, or that an across-the-board re-install will fix the issue . . . . but I thought I should note it here since MC's ability to play my CDs, on both my work and home computers, is getting very very iffy.

This doesn't deal directly with the latest Beta ('cause I haven't got it yet), but I neglected to note the problem earlier and I haven't seen it elsewhere. I didn't have the issue with MJ 7, but MJ 8 and all the versions of MJ/MC 9 I've tried thus far have had it, so I'm assuming I'll still have the problem with the latest Beta. If not, and the problem has already been noted or solved, then my apologies for this note and my thanks for attending to the issue.

--Luke
----------------------------------------

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 259 MB, Free - 36 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2003, 07:14:43 am »

BUG:

When playing music, MC does not start playing the next song. No continuous play or anything.

Click one song to play and only that song plays.

I checked the options- although I though continuous play was set on install -but it doesn't seem to work.

I am using Win XP, SP1, P4-1.8, SB-Aud.

Thanks  :)

Gary

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: Problems with Sort Keyword
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2003, 09:14:58 am »

1) Sort Keyword does not work in file list, list syle view

2) If different sort options are used in a view scheme group and view scheme, the sort option in the view scheme should have priority over the whole group, it is opposite now.

3) Non ASCII characters are sorted in correctly, i.e. Ö should be just before or after O

4) Filters:

(( ~sort=Artist )) (mediatype=[audio] ~sort=name)
   and
   (~sort=Artist) (mediatype=[audio] ~sort=name)

create different results.The first one generates less results. That one is created automatically, if I enter
     mediatype=[audio] ~sort=name
to a view scheme group and
     ~sort=Artist                        
to a sub view scheme

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2003, 09:42:02 am »

PLEASE fix MC9's Help > Interact so it opens the MC9 forum instead of the MJ8 forum.

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2003, 09:44:11 am »

Just a quick hint referring to Tolgas post:  'Ä' 'Ö' 'Ü' normally go after 'A' 'O' 'U' respectively.

Payam

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media Center 9.0.103 beta - mp3 playback issue
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2003, 10:22:40 am »

As of this build (103) I'm having problems with mp3 playback skipping.  I thought perhaps my source files were corrupt, but after checking via WinAmp, everything seems fine.  I tried playing with the buffer, maxing it out at 5 seconds doesn't seem to help.

Have this issue with wave out & directsound.  

Can't get ASIO to work at all  - complains that Creative ASIO cannot work with files of 44.1 khz.

SoundCard: Soundblaster Audigy

Also - in the middle of a playlist, playback halted for no apparent reason.  Program didn't exhibit any other odd behaviour (hang/crash) afterwards.

===================

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2525 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: YAMAHA   CRW3200E           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 200j    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2003, 11:12:29 am »

Media Center 9.103 bugs

- When in Cover Art View Audio Analysis is selected the  window with songs is transparent and empty
- When an album title contains special characters no cover art can be found
- Audio analysis defaults to peak level 100%
- Always take control check box on file associations is working the wrong way around
- Cover Art View of albums is sorted by the name of the artist of the first track instead of Album Artist. Extremely irritating for compilation albums

Media Center 9.103 improvements

- Please create the option to link cover art manually

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2003, 11:16:01 am »

Just a quick hint referring to Tolgas post:  'Ä' 'Ö' 'Ü' normally go after 'A' 'O' 'U' respectively.

Payam

Strangely in my case Ö is at the very end, even in View Scheme Nodes.

I conclude that all Ös are not the same. In fact, I am even not sure that people read Ö, when I write Ö. In fact, the only thing I am sure is that I exists.

sfmartin

• Recent member
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2003, 11:36:56 am »

I updated this morning from .88 to 103/47.  Thanks for getting Composer to transfer to the iPod.  However, now when I try to rip a CD, I get the message, "Failed to update file ....", after each CD track.  I have rebooted, but still get the message.  I have also noticed that MC9 will no longer play a CD.  Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 299 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 70 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 30146

Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

ccclapp

• Junior Woodchuck
Library Printing Feature Needed...PLEASE
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2003, 12:24:30 pm »

Please add AT LEAST the library printing features of MJ (right click explorer tree=> Statistics=> print Artist/Album)

Much better would be a more robust report printing/exporting feature.  With the huge number of mdeia files we all have, this is a basic requirement :-)

I had to buy MJ 8 just to do this.

Thanks

--Caleb
--Caleb

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2003, 12:41:46 pm »

Depends on the language/locale.  In Swedish the alphabet ends in XYZÅÄÖ (X, Y, Z, A-with-ring, A-with-two-dots, O-with-two-dots).

sfmartin

• Recent member
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2003, 01:35:35 pm »

I just recalled regarding the above that I got a buffer overrun while installing .103, above.  But the program looked normal otherwise, so I tried to use it.  Again, any help would be appreciated.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2003, 02:29:14 pm »

I didn't know that we could start posting the old bugs again.

-No volume control slider.
-No Auto test for sound in Recorder.
-No conversion to MP3 ... even if starting from a WAV file.
-No exit from failed conversion routine. Must completely exit MC9. That is actually an improvement ... I used to have to restart the computer from a power-off shutdown.

Squeak!

CVIII

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 534 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 75 MB
Resource Info: System - 21 %, GDI - 56 %, User - 21 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F:          40X12X48 CD-RW     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2003, 02:44:33 pm »

-No volume control slider.

It's almost certain to be a sound card issue.  One or more of the others may be the same.  Please open a new thread.

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2003, 03:11:26 pm »

I can't reproduce this problem. I took several mp3 files which were 128kbps and ran them through the converter tool selecting 160kpbs as output. Maybe you could email one of your files to check out here.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.
johnt @ jriver.com

John T, try to take a 128 kbs file decode it, the re encode using the mp3 encoder to 320kbs, this should re produce what I'm talking about. If not, then I'll zip two files that I've done together and email them to you.
I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

TimB

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2003, 03:51:00 pm »

FYI.  Big memory issues with 103 and Win98SE.  I have to quit MC9 if I want to avoid low memory messages.

Can't post my config as right now MC9 won't load due to above I suspect and I'm only running AOL and Netscape.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2003, 03:53:24 pm »

John T, try to take a 128 kbs file decode it, the re encode using the mp3 encoder to 320kbs, this should re produce what I'm talking about. If not, then I'll zip two files that I've done together and email them to you.

Whether it works or not, that's not a good thing to do.  You will lose quality, not gain it.

TimB

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2003, 04:27:22 pm »

Whether it works or not, that's not a good thing to do.  You will lose quality, not gain it.

Yup, you can dress me in a white suit but I still won't look like John Travolta.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2003, 05:23:04 pm »

1. No desktop icon
2. JRiver folder in programs menu is empty
3. Audio burn fails with DAO problem
4. No volume slider
5. Ctrl++ inoperative
6. Ctrl+- inoperative
7. Ctrl+M inoperative
8. No toolbar customisation as there are no buttons     available
9. Was'nt there an option to change the burn software in settings? It does'nt show here any more.

JimH - you suggested that the volume slider problem is due to a soundcard prob and to start a separate thread. We've already done that. We've all tried reinstalling etc the soundcard/drivers etc etc to no avail. It seems a common problem to Win98 and the people who contributed to the separate thread seem to think it's a JRiver prob. My slider disappeared somewhere around 90088 or thereabouts. I can't think it's a soundcard prob - the facts don't support that line of thinking.

Jim

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 30 MB
Resource Info: System - 42 %, GDI - 65 %, User - 42 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2003, 05:34:13 pm »

Pause is still not working.  If I pause for like 20 minutes, hitting play locks everything up.

----

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Unknown 206 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 522 MB, Free - 198 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive F: MATSHITA UJDA730 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
James Bailey

sfmartin

• Recent member
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2003, 05:55:32 pm »

OK.  Don't worry about me anymore.  Uninstalling and reinstalling got by the buffer overrun problem, and after a few more gyrations, everything seems to be alright that I need to do.   :)

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2003, 09:47:48 pm »

I am having a problem encoding mp3 VBR files. When I pick custom quality I do not get a text box when I press advanced, instead I get the same quality drop down menu.

Media Jukebox  9.0.103 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1536 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 578 MB

Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2003, 11:31:24 pm »

Some bugs from here too:

1) I still don't get the ö, é, è etc. Is this just my problem? Because from some other reactions I see that they do not have that problem. I hadn't this problem up til version 0080 or something like that.

2) When sending a mp3 to the Media Editor, I don't get further than the Decoding-box, which doesn't do anything. Was good before version 0080 (or something like that)

3) Slide bars don't work (well) in various playlists. Also: if the slider works, it isn't quick enough
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2003, 11:39:34 pm »

Sorry, another bug more:

4) if you want to drag a file within a playlist, the screen runs from the end to the beginning.
I'll try to explain it a bit: if you have, say, 300 files in a playlist and you want to put number 300 to number 80: when you start dragging you're at position number 1 within 1 second. Some quick jerking with the mouse is required to get to the number 80 position.
Mark Coutinho

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2003, 11:44:03 pm »

5. Ctrl++ inoperative
6. Ctrl+- inoperative

I have this problem too. Actually, using Ctrl+- on the num pad works... but Ctrl++ does not.... and neither work using the + or - on the main keyboard.

It noticed it in 9.0.100 as well....except that none of the four combos worked. Maybe they will all work in 3 more builds.  ;D

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1409 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive L: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

UdoS

• World Citizen
  • User
CD writer not recognized
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2003, 01:56:57 am »

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 844 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 200 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:ASPI   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Note: the writer is drive K:

After installing Win2K on a blank drive, an old guy was back: "CD-Writer not recognized".  
It was working before, but I used a newer version (101). Since the old installation was still there, I used the old CDWriter.ocx (Vers. 1.0.0.37) to replace the newer one (1.0.0.45) and the Writer showed up! What's wrong?

Now, I upgraded to XP, but still the same problems. I know, it was working on previous versions of 9.x.

Anyone has an idea?

Udo
Udo

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2003, 03:25:25 am »

3) Slide bars don't work (well) in various playlists. Also: if the slider works, it isn't quick enough

In playlists:

In my system you can use the scroll dot thing to scroll with or click the scroll region to scroll slowly, but the vertical arrow icons at either end don't work.  also my scroll wheel isn't doing anything.  Horizontal icons work.

When dragging the dot thing down the scroll bar it stops about one dots size above where I have the cursor.  When dragging up it stops with the top of the bar at the base of the cursor.

When dragging the dot if you release the mouse button before the dot has reached the location of the cursor it stops where it was when you released, not where the mouse was when you released, and where I want to be.

resultant position of dragging down and holding button down until dot stops

resultant position of dragging up and holding button down until dot stops

resultant position of dragging up and releasing button when curser in stop position before dot stops.

EDIT: Same in Analyze Audio dialog, My Computer, Playing now.  

In playing now with 43 files I cannot get to the top of bottom of the list of items because the scrollbar won't go there.  Same in all other areas

Range available dragging or trying to move the scrollbars in any way.  Up

Down

The only option is to select the files, and use the arrows, pgup/pgdn to get around.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.103 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2385 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB

Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: RICOH    DVD/CDRW MP9200    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Use MJ Engine:Yes

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2003, 03:40:15 am »

Webtree: exactly the same things as I experience! I couldn't describe it better
Mark Coutinho

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2003, 04:16:32 am »

On top of all the other bugs I've reported in past versions that still exist (I haven't gone through and confirmed each and every one - but I haven't seen anything in the change logs to indicate they've been addressed) this version also crashes on me a lot. By crashing, I mean, the music will suddenly go into a neverending stutter loop, the whole PC will freeze, or this morning Media Core generated one of those Send \ Don't Send messages (just from clicking Stop on my remote) and I noticed MC wasn't being drawn correctly. It was all black with white lines.

Autoelph

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2003, 04:34:02 am »

I've encountered the stuttering endless loop in MC since .88, and recently in .103 (though not as often in each upgrade). At times of MC crashes, this 1/4 second loop will continue until reboot. Since I use a rather unconventionl (professional DAW level) audio card, I used to think it could be driver issues, but I have seen others report this as well now.  I'm a little glad to see it's not my card, but it is a bug in MC that I suppose needs attention at some point. Thanks...

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2003, 04:51:00 am »

This crash-thing happens to me exactly the same way when I use my (also professional) AudioWerk 8 soundcard.
With a normal, simple soundcard no problems.

Pity, though.
Mark Coutinho

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2003, 06:25:39 am »

Before installing MC 9.0.103 I noticed that I still had a Media Jukebox folder which contained all the data files whereas they should have been migrated into the new Media Center folder. Anyway, after setting MC9's library option to look into the new, proper Media Center data folder and reimporting the tracks, all of the tracks that had entries in Playlists had their track names changed to the track's filename (ie, instead of just Trackname they became Artist - Album - # - Trackname).  I had to individually select them and do a Properties > Rename from filename.  

Note that I had this exact same problem when first moving from MJ8 to one of the first MC9 betas.  I do not think a simple removal of tracks from the lib and re-importing them causes the problem, but maybe a whole new install where the Playlists get re-imported, too(?).

LanceVictor

• Recent member
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2003, 07:07:42 am »

Auto import is not working on my end either.

Other Bugs:
1. Volume slider is gone
2. mpeg video files are being sorted under audio, not video

I find that ALL video is sorted as audio....

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2003, 09:20:48 am »

I just had the stuttering happen to me on my work PC running 9.0.102. I can't confirm, but it seemed to be related to the visualizations. As soon as I changed the display plugin to None, the playback problems went away. I know that I am also using the visualizations at home as well.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up