INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A couple of questions about Media Center  (Read 804 times)

dp526

• IBM TechMovies, Music, Camping, Reading
A couple of questions about Media Center
« on: January 27, 2003, 05:45:39 pm »

I have a couple of questions related to Media Center.

1. I recieved an email touting some of the new features.  The information says it will record from both broadcast and cable TV.  What about satalite?  I use dish network and would like to build a system for it.  Currently I have a Tivo.

2.  At the bottom of the email it states:

Media Center will be $39.98, but you can save $5.00 by purchasing now. Just download the trial version and use the purchase option in the program. If you decide to switch to Media Jukebox 8.0, the 9.0 license works with it.
If you own a version 8.0 license, you can upgrade to Media Center now for $12.98 or less.

Yet we have been told numerous times that  if we had a lic. for 8.0 we would not have to purchase a lic. for Media Center.  In fact  we received an email at the beginning of Dec.  telling us we had to update to the beta version to confirm that.  Could someone please spell out exactly what we have to do. ?

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
Re: A couple of questions about Media Center
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 10:57:01 pm »

1. I recieved an email touting some of the new features.  The information says it will record from both broadcast and cable TV.  What about satalite?  I use dish network and would like to build a system for it.  Currently I have a Tivo.
You should be able to record from your decoder box with MC, although you won't be able to tune channels with MC... you will still need the box for that.

2.  At the bottom of the email it states:

Media Center will be $39.98, but you can save $5.00 by purchasing now. Just download the trial version and use the purchase option in the program. If you decide to switch to Media Jukebox 8.0, the 9.0 license works with it.
If you own a version 8.0 license, you can upgrade to Media Center now for $12.98 or less.
The key words here are $12.98 or less. If you bought MJ 8.0 before Dec. 3rd, then that less means $0.00.

Could someone please spell out exactly what we have to do. ?
Check http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/buy_faq.html for more info.

Have a nice day.  :)
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?
Pages: [1]   Go Up