Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DIVX ?  (Read 700 times)

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
DIVX ?
« on: January 25, 2003, 09:32:18 am »

I did a search for "DIVX" here and didn't really turn up much. On my machine, MC will play a DIVX avi file but it's really jerky ... not so with the same file on the same machine using the DIVX Player.
Is this problem unique or common?
An avi file is not necessarily a DIVX file and regular avi files play fine on MC. Other extensions that are DIVX are mp4 or mpeg4 and divx ... duh. I would guess that only the latter are exclusively DIVX.
My question is "Is DIVX on the future horizon for MC9?" It seems to be more and more common.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

nila

Re: DIVX ?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 05:14:07 pm »

I have a lot of problems with video files on MC just in general. It freezes often on me, can be jumpy or stuttery.

m2v files for me almost always freeze at some point during playback.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
Re: DIVX ?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 09:30:24 am »

.divx is a DiVX AVI file.
.mp4 (and .mpeg4, I think) are Quicktime movies compressed as MPEG4.
MPEG4 and DiVX are related but not the same.

MC uses Windows Media Player to play back avi files, whereas the DiVX player does not. You should try playing back the same files in WMP. If they play back smoothly there, then it may be an MC problem. Otherwise, try uninstalling the codecs and reinstalling the latest ones. Also, try using WMP 6.4 (called mplayer2.exe under WMP7) and adjusting the playback properties, particularly those relating to overlays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up