INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0.102 beta  (Read 2725 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Jukebox 9.0.102 beta
« on: January 23, 2003, 08:22:35 am »

Media Center 9.0.102 beta is available.    

Download this build only if you had problems restoring license. Another general build will be released later.  

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90102.exe  

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
Re:  Media Jukebox 9.0.102 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2003, 09:28:11 am »

-Don't forget to change this icon as well.

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 10:59:20 am »

Bugs (or somewhat buggy):

1) When using the vertical scroll bar. When I do something and then click on the scroll bar, to drag it, it shoots up to the top of the list and then back down to the location I am currently at. It is very fast but it does happen.

2) Sometimes the video moves location when playing an mpeg. Mostly when I double click on a video it sometimes gets put down too low or too far to the left of the internal window. It may be effected when switching between full screen, windowed and internal, etc.

Request for Changes:

1) Please, Please use different Icons for different types of files. EX: Music=the note symbol, Video=movie reel symbol, Picture=picture frame symbol, etc.

2) NOT SURE ON THIS ONE BUT: It might be nice to have the Japanese titles places in the proper phonetic location. EX: the kanji for "Utada" should be located in the "U" section of a list and not at the end after the English alphabet "Z". What do you think?

3) Japanese has 3 alphabets: hiragana, katakana, and Kanji. Kanji are basically the same as Traditional Chinese - only fewer. It is important, however, that both Kana and the Kanji names be placed in the correct order. EX: "Ka" comes before "Ha" and "A" comes before all of them. "Ya" are some of the last in order and "n" is last (but very few if any).

Please let me know what you think and also if you need some sample library inputs I will be happy to provide them for you. You can assign them to any song.

Gary ;)

frobig

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 02:15:35 pm »

Talking about .101 here: stopping playback closes MC.

Also--please give a little more consideration to the choice between showing properties for an album or playlist, if it's selected in the tree, or only for selected files. The old way is pretty useful. And--changing the order of an album or playlist with drag-and-drop is much missed.

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 03:33:08 pm »

Problem on .101,

Installing a skin creates an error.

Also, I'll try to figure out when, but sometimes when doing such things as minimizing a skin, it will not restore again.  I have to delete the skin and reinstall it.  (That's how I came to find that it couldn't install a skin.)

Dan "da Man"

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2003, 04:01:31 pm »

**I don't know if this is my machine or MC**

I use ASIO -directX Full duplex-, when using DS or WaveOut the problem doesn't occur, what happens is during playback when opening the options dialog window, or the playback options window the playback haults. Then i have to hit stop and reset the player before I can play anymore music.

Now this is either a messup in the ASIO settings because I use an external program and dlls to run ASIO that I recieved from Steinberg to fine tune the playback, but I went through it all again, and this seems to be a bug.

--started in .101--

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.101 -- D:\-=Software=-\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1799 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Default.wav

Burning /  Drive G: TDK      CDRW241040X        Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2003, 04:22:32 pm »

upgraded to .101 media library is empty. My life is over :'(

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2003, 04:36:44 pm »

Uh oh, windows ME blues strikes again--I don't have these problems with windows NT, but on my 'puter with ME, I still get the unicode error when I try to delete files from the hard drive (Using my MC 9 library), and I can't customize the toolbar, and yadb doesn't pick up discs  (although I can still play them with no problems).  These things are all working on windows NT.  

But, the ability to change data in the file fields is working, which was my main concern; the ipod plugin appears to be working well too.  At least MC 9 is "functional" for me now and I appreciate the fix as this is what I needed the most....

benmaxwell

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2003, 07:48:03 pm »

some bugs:

Some mega-me skins fail to install correctly (this has been around for a while for me...

also, with the general setting of "Double-click" set to "Replace Playing Now (all)" the Previous & Next buttons and menu bar don't work in any playlist (including the Media Library view.  It only shows "1 of 1" in the playback window in the lower left corner.  It does become active when I stop the playback and press the play button in the playback window, though.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

-ben
Problem on .101,

Installing a skin creates an error.

Also, I'll try to figure out when, but sometimes when doing such things as minimizing a skin, it will not restore again.  I have to delete the skin and reinstall it.  (That's how I came to find that it couldn't install a skin.)

Dan "da Man"

Shuttle SB51g
p4 2.4g
yamaha crwf1
Sony DVD Burner
black 60gb 5gen iPo

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 04:38:20 am »

Version .098  Apologies if fixed

In properties of files, selecting image > Tools > Add

Scroll bars overlap.
Scroll dot should be on horizontal scroll not vertical scroll.

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2003, 08:59:48 am »

BUGS IN 101:

Right Click on thumnail --> external tool [FILENAME],
sends multiple copies of the first file, not all files to the external tool.

The new tooltip, says too many files for 23 files. That limit should be increased or be user defined.

Skinnyfatz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I would just like to say...
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2003, 09:08:45 am »

There is something seriously wrong with the MP3 Encoder plugin in build 9.0.101, Encode any file with this plugin, and you get a real bad popping sound at the very beginning of the song after encoding. This was not there in the previous build, It happens wih every song you decode and then re encode using the MP3 plugin. Doesn't seem to matter which bit rate you re encode the file to, it does it with any bit rate.
Media Jukebox  9.0.101 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1533 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 502 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: TDK      CDRW321040B        Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

I've learned... You can say anything you want, but the truth in your heart, comes from your actions, not in the words from you mouth.

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2003, 11:03:09 am »

Hi All,     :)

I am having trouble putting cover art into a songs properties.

I select "add" from the "Tools" menu. Then I try to look for it in the "Cover Art" directory but MC9 doesn't find it. IT is in JPG format so it should work fine. Windows Explorer fins it.

I tried to just paste it from the universal clipboard but it didn't accept it. That would be much easier to add cover art that way.

Also, looking through the "Thumbnails" directory was cumbersome because the preview window only shows 3 pictures at a time - I can't expand the window - and trying to look at 3 pictures at a time in a 1000 picture library is taxing.  :P

But, all else seems to be coming along well. I really like MC9.  :D

Keep up the great work everyone.

Gary

jimclark

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 2B or not 2B == FF
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2003, 12:11:17 pm »

?

This version allegedly fixed a registration problem, but when I try to reload my .mjr file, MC hangs, and I eventually have to kill it.

Media Jukebox  9.0.102 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium III 601 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 230 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: LITE-ON  LTR-40125S         Addr: 4:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive G: YAMAHA   CRW2100S           Addr: 3:2:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Jim <><

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2003, 12:48:44 pm »

The install key is good for two weeks after it is issued.  After that, you need to use your Registration Code and visit the Restore Page:

Please see this page for details:

www.mediajukebox.com/license
Pages: [1]   Go Up