INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is .100 a backward step?  (Read 1484 times)

dubbs

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Is .100 a backward step?
« on: January 19, 2003, 01:23:30 am »

Well, I was about to get the purchase in as I think MC9 is a great product..when... .100 becomes available so, I update my .95 I was running and the following occurs:

1. I can't burn a single track onto my Kiiro MP3 128Mb player.  This player advertises itself as a shared drive to XP but Mediacenter crashes out on a mediacore error everytime I try:

Title: media core
----------------------------------------------------------------
Error signature:
Appnbame: media jukebox.exe AppVer: 9.0.100.0 ModName:hh_por~1.dll
ModVer:1.0.0.0 Offset:000150c8

2. It can't access YADB.. even trying albums like Moby\Play!!  Not a thing even though Internet connection is there and it never had a problem on 0095.

MachineHead

Re: Is .100 a backward step?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 01:49:02 am »

Do you see the first statement in the thread that has the beta? Forget? Let me give you a hint:

Media Center 9.0.100 beta is available.    

Things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

You are warned each and everytime a beta version is released. It is the simplest statement that most people choose to ignore.  

It is a work in progress that has just had a major overhaul in coding. Sometimes it will be a while before they get the bugs squashed.

In the mean time you can use MJ8 with the same license without too many difficulties. It will get fixed.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 03:02:12 am »

I am using 9.0.98 with no problems

it is also avail from the main download link
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

dubbs

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 07:13:13 am »

Do you see the first statement in the thread that has the beta? Forget? Let me give you a hint:

You are warned each and everytime a beta version is released. It is the simplest statement that most people choose to ignore.  

It is a work in progress that has just had a major overhaul in coding. Sometimes it will be a while before they get the bugs squashed.

In the mean time you can use MJ8 with the same license without too many difficulties. It will get fixed.

And I am reporting the problem - it WON'T get fixed unless I do.  I know full darn well that the beta will be unstable, I've work in IT for 12 years.

Better to report the problem and allow those hard-working JRiver folk to fix it when they can.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2003, 07:38:57 am »

The problem is not your report.  That's welcome.  It's that you've found a problem and then gone on to say 100 is a step backward.  I can tell you with certainty that it is not.  It is, in general, stable.

Still, we could have created a new bug.  Reporting it in the thread that announced the build will increase the chances it gets fixed, if it is a bug.

Rebooting and reinstalling sometimes help.

In addition, plug-ins have not all been converted to Unicode.  

dubbs

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2003, 09:51:52 am »

Jim,
 I have not said that .100 is a backward step I have ASKED if it is.  On my machine the problems that have resulted ARE a backward step - fact.  Now... hopefully it will be something obvious you guys can tell me I can fix, if not then maybe it's something more serious in your application.  Either way I'm keen on seeing it fixed so I can continue evaluating the product and being involved in what I think is a very open and liberal attitude to beta-ing a product - I commend you guys on that.
 The fact I have posted up to ask if .100 is a backward step and have reported that the problems have resulted in the package being pretty much unusable on my system shouldn't mean people reply back with ridiculous and pointless statements such as Machineheads.

I'll give the reinstallation another go and see if that helps - I've noticed that other have reported similar problems to me here.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2003, 09:55:07 am »

>> Is .100 a backward step?
Maybe a better choice of words would be better next time.

Or just go install 9.0.98 and wait untill next week when a build to fix this is out.

A More Stable Build:
http://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9.exe

Lets Move It Along, Nothing To See Here
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2003, 10:00:33 am »

That's MachineHead.

My statement was one of blatant obviousness. Not pointless. Pointless, just as an example, would be to say you can ....
Pages: [1]   Go Up