INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE PLEASE HELP I AM A IDIOT AND IN NEED OF  (Read 942 times)

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
PLEASE PLEASE HELP I AM A IDIOT AND IN NEED OF
« on: January 17, 2003, 08:39:41 am »

of advice.  I have urchase 3 new toys for my pc bwell two for pc but one i wouldlike to hook to pc.

1. purchased a Sony CMT-EP707 that I would like to hook up to my pc threw my new sound card.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=5Qi1WrbNo-K1WojltIO_UfncYA2tw9yJxEw=?ProductID=AqIKC0%2eNrmMAAADyPbISfMvD

2. purchase creative labs SB audigy 2 card wtih one billion hole all of the son of the gun

3. purchase creativelabs 5.1 digital speakers they get plug into one hole in the audigy 2 card, gotthat figure out.

What I would like to do is play my stero, tape and cd in the sony threw the pc sound card so i have more speakers.  and make the whole thing sound better.

Can i even do that or shoud i just forget the whole thing and just listen t o my mp3 and cd off of my pc.

Please please help me out.  just tell me how and what connectors to get.
So much music so little time!

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP I AM A IDIOT AND IN NEED OF
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 12:58:02 pm »

If you have the Audigy 2 Platinum with the I/O module you put in a drive bay, you can connect the Digital Optical Output of the Sony to the optical S/PDIF input on the front of the I/O module.  You'll need a standard digital optical cable.

If you have an Audigy 2 without the I/O module, you 'll have to use the standard analog outputs of the Sony and connect them to the Line-In jack on the card.  I don't remember which jack that is though, sorry.  The cable would probably be a stereo mini-plug to RCA cable.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: PLEASE PLEASE HELP I AM A IDIOT AND IN NEED OF
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 01:05:31 pm »

Oops, I just looked at the Sony's web page and it looks like it doesn have analog outputs, only digital.  If you have the Audigy Platinum, that's fine.   Digital is better anyway.

If not, you'll need to use the headphone output of the Sony and plug it into the Line-In of the sound card using a cable that has stereo mini-plugs on both ends.  Be careful not to set the volume too high on the Sony or you'll overdrive the sound card and it will sound distorted.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up