INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How beta works  (Read 1160 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
How beta works
« on: January 13, 2003, 02:05:38 pm »

Yesterday someone pointed out that we weren't responding to his bug report.  In e-mail, I told him that we don't always do that, but that we do always read the posts.  We do pay close attention to what you're saying, but it is sometimes hard to sort out wheat from chaff.

It also doesn't help at all when people get frustrated with the process and decide to take a swing at us.  I'm pretty proud of the work our team does and the resulting products we've produced.  Some days more than others, during beta, but still, if someone takes a swing, they are likely to be asked to cool off or be edited.

We've gone through almost two development cycles a year for a while and it's always messy.  Some days we think we're winning.  Some days we think we're not.  

It's like a baseball game and there are a lot of innings.  Sometimes we fail completely and miss every pitch.  Sometimes we hit homeruns.  The fans are cheering, they're booing, and we're not always sure why.  

It can be a big mess.

Some people who test have been goldmines of information and it makes our job much easier (and more pleasant).   Zrocker did it for V7.  Doof for V8.  Remy started strong for V9, and then returned to his day job again.  Through it all guys like KingSparta, Charlemagne8, Cmagic, and a ton of others whose names belong here have made it fun.

There is a point when the clouds lift and the sun shines.  I hope it's this week, but if not, it will be next week or the one after.  Most everything will be working and we'll be down to picking nits.

We're about to lift off here.  Thanks for all of your hard work, your patience, and your friendship when we needed it.

V9!  V9!  V9!

dragyn

Re: How beta works
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 02:16:44 pm »

Jim,

You guys are doing an excellent job at fixing the bugs. I know that one day soon some of mine will get fixed too. I'm not worried about them.

There's only like a couple small things that I would want implemented to make it work perfect for my system. I'm still trying to work out all those bugs aswell.

Keep up the good work!

RemyJ

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 02:19:33 pm »

Remy started strong for V9, and then returned to his day job again.
 Oh, like there's been a flood of releases to test lately!  Ones that weren't pulled, that is.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
<accent name='arnold'>I'll be back.</accent>

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 02:25:33 pm »

Through it all guys like KingSparta, Charlemagne8, Cmagic, and a ton of others whose names belong here have made it fun.

Aw, shucks! Glad to be of some help. I have never met any of you people but I feel as if I'm at home here.

CVIII

That's right.
I'm cool.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 02:25:49 pm »

I think we all get cranky & Frustrated somtimes, But I know in the end The J River crew will pull it off.

This song has A Very Good Beat, And Reminds Me Of MJ\MC And Sorting, Moving, etc... And Listening to Music On It.

Charted At 04 In 1977

Listening to: '(Every Time I Turn Around) Back In Love Again' from 'Pure Funk' by 'L.T.D.' on Media Center 9.0

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 03:19:18 pm »

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

that and,

on the Bleeding Edge is what Beta is all about.,
maybe all you need to do is point them to the most stable version when you post a new one.

No complaints here. ONLY A BIG WANT.

When will YADB be able to look up tag info from for albums that are already on the hard drive. added Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak
Squeak

Thanks for the fix in import track# info from file names
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

nila

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 03:40:15 pm »

Yo!!
All I got to say is you guys do a great job!!

Love the program, gonna love it even more once your past the bug fixing stage and onto the adding features stage once more.

Loved 8, loving 9 more day by day ;)

Keep it up, for those that cant handle the bugs they should move back to v8 which is pretty rock solid.

They cant have their pie and eat it. Either they want cutting edge brand new or they want stable. Cant get both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up