INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center/Windows Millenium Woes  (Read 983 times)

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
Media Center/Windows Millenium Woes
« on: January 12, 2003, 07:36:15 pm »

Well, I finally got 95 loaded up, but I have two problems, one of which is critical:

1.  I download the ipod plugin--says it was installed successfully, however it is nowhere to be found.  This is killing me.  I actually tried to go back to 88 because of this, but I couldn't get 88 to properly reinstall, so it looks like I'm stuck in 95.

2.  CDs are no longer detected when in my drive.  It's as though they don't even exist.  I can live with this in the short term however.

Windows ME and the 95 plugin just don't seem to be getting along all that well....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center/Windows Millenium Woes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 04:51:04 am »

I download the ipod plugin--says it was installed successfully, however it is nowhere to be found.  This is killing me.  I actually tried to go back to 88 because of this, but I couldn't get 88 to properly reinstall, so it looks like I'm stuck in 95.

Is the iPod on and connected?  It should appear under devices.

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 05:23:05 am »

Is the iPod on and connected?  It should appear under devices.

Yes.  When it's connected, I get the "do not disconnect"  on the ipod screen.

When I look under handhelds in the tree to the left, there is nothing there, wether the ipod is there or not. There used to be a PDA-like looking icon (when the ipod was connected), but it 's not there.

When I go to the plugin manager, it's not there either.  Although it says its successfully installed, it's simply not installed at all.  On MC88, I could look on the plugin manager and the ipod plugin showed up under handhelds; there is absolutely nothing there now, despite  MC saying it was successfully installed.

I have MC 95 on my computer at my office running Wndows NT, and MC95 is running without any difficulties--the CD is picked up, and I was able to download the ipod plugin, and it shows up appropriately in the plugin manager  (I can't, however, hook my ipod up to my office computer 'cause I don't have a firewire on that 'puter)..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 05:51:11 am »

There is an iPod thread here.  Posting details there might get you better help.

I'll close this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up