INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0.91 beta  (Read 6894 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0.91 beta
« on: January 07, 2003, 01:32:40 pm »

Media Center 9.0.91 beta is available.  However, this is only the second build after major changes. There are many things that do not work and/or crash.  If a crashy, non-functioning Media Center could upset you, please wait a few builds.  We expect a stable, functional build by the end of the week.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:      

[We've pulled this build because it can create minor problems in filenames with international characters when converting from older libraries.  Look for a thread here the explains more and a build later today that will not cause the problem -- importing again will cure the problem.]

Changes      

1. NEW: Added album-type tooltips in album grouping thumbnail mode.
2. Changed: File properties pane doesn't default to "all files" when there is no selection. (to avoid inadvertent mass editing)
3. Changed: Statusbar displays more useful information. (instead of just "Ready")
4. Fixed: Version checking for ComCtl32.dll requirements wasn't working properly.
5. Fixed: Media Center could crash when deleting files.
6. Fixed: Possible bug with Ctrl+Alt+F12 hook.
7. Changed: Trailing spaces in field values automatically trimmed when importing / analyzing files.
8. Fixed: Comment field in MP3 ID3v1 tags wasn't being read.
9. Fixed: Media Jukebox would not work with track numbers tagged as "#/##" (instead of just "#")
10. Fixed: MP3 plugin did not handle internal images properly.
11. Fixed: System info listed "Product Version" instead of "File Version" for system dll's.
12. Fixed: ASIO output did not work.
13. Changed: More aggressive view updating done on external drags, so newly imported files show up.
14. NEW: Added auto-complete (with all DB entries) comboboxes to file properties page.
15. Fixed: Adding multiple levels of new folders in "My Computer" view would not work.
16. Fixed: "My Computer" view would not update properly after dropping files to a different folder.
17. Fixed: Update (F5) now rebuilds Explorer so external disk changes are detected.
18. Fixed: Recycle (delete with shift down) in "My Computer" tree works again.
19. Changed: Media Center will auto-magically detect external file changes under several circumstances.
20. Fixed: Some CD writing / ripping bugs.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help and support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.91 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 01:40:59 pm »

Sweet - 2 builds in two days ;D

I'll give this one a try and let you know what I find.  As long as I dont get the XP STOP error again I'll be a happy camper!! :)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 01:54:35 pm »

Wow...Matt...this looks like a build with lots of kewl enhancements and fixes...thanks guys!!

Disclaimer:  I've not actually played with this build yet, but the change list looks good!!

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 02:11:02 pm »

Bad News I'm Afraid...this build will still not play some of my files.  i can't see any particular pattern in the albums it won't play but when it won't it comes up with a dialog saying ~Media Center encountered problems with playing the last few files.  Check that the Library is pointing to the correct location.  I have tried updating the library but no joy...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 02:24:34 pm »

Bugs:
1. In MC My Computer, using Add Folder function and typing an invalid folder name like A\B\C is not handle right my MC.  MC leads you to believe A\B\C is created (by its display)...after a generic error message.  How do you add/create multiple folders at once (from release notes above)?

2. Attempting to burn an audio CD with 'Apply playback and DSP settings to the CD' set is useless (broke).  MC keeps prompting to Analyze tracks when I attempt to start the audio CD burn....please, I just want to burn a CD with crossfade effects...not analyze (replay gain)anything (silly MC).

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2003, 02:27:16 pm »

Bugs -

• Trying to import files is crashing at the same place evrytime
  • Lots of files still wont play
  • YADB is still failing to download info using either CD ROMS (DVD/CDRW) (and the disc was Nevermind...I am sure this is in the DB)

Sorry Guys.  Hope this helps some but I am going to have to revert back to 9.0.89 for a little while longer.  I have too many CDs left to rip and I am not going to rip them without any info and have to type it all in.

Adam

P.S. Aenema doesn't work again.  The Unicode character was truncated on reverting back to 9.0.89 and now it cannot find the file...

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2003, 02:33:42 pm »

The "Export playlist" item is always grayed, even when I select a playlist.  Choosing "Export all playlists" crashes MC.
James Bailey

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2003, 02:34:30 pm »

Just updated the build to fix a problem with the new auto-complete file property list (CST 6:36)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2003, 02:46:27 pm »

Now we're talking.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

richelesro

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2003, 02:48:15 pm »

Update library doesn't detect changes to bitrate.
James Bailey

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2003, 02:51:27 pm »

Just tried again with this new build of the new build (!) and there are still about twenty of my albums that refuse to play.  Would it help if I sent some of the MP3 so you can analyse them.  I cannot see anysimilarities between the files.  SOme are ones I have ripped myslef and some are ones I have downlaoded.  They are all tagged and they all work fine with MC 9.0.89.

I can't use this build until my library is playable again.

Adam

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2003, 03:03:59 pm »

Would it help if I sent some of the MP3 so you can analyse them

If it's file specific, then yeah, that'd help a bunch. (does delete / reimport do any good) ( matt @ jriver.com )

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2003, 03:16:26 pm »

At the moment I cannot tell if it is file specific.  It is the same files which fail everytime but I cannot work out what is specific about them.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2003, 03:17:07 pm »

>> Trying to import files is crashing at the
>> same place evrytime
Same Here

When I Move Some Of The Files And Try To Import A Few At A Time They All Seem To Import.

I checked The Mp3s's Out With 2 MPEG Checkers And They Seem Fine.

If I look At The Mp3's In Another Tag Editor The Tags Look Fine.

This Error Started After 9.0.88, And Was In 9.0.90
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2003, 03:21:30 pm »

>> Trying to import files is crashing at the
>> same place evrytime
Same Here

When I Move Some Of The Files And Try To Import A Few At A Time They All Seem To Import.

I checked The Mp3s's Out With 2 MPEG Checkers And They Seem Fine.

If I look At The Mp3's In Another Tag Editor The Tags Look Fine.

This Error Started After 9.0.88, And Was In 9.0.90

Wasn't that about when you quit drinking?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2003, 03:47:08 pm »

>> Wasn't that about when you quit drinking?
yes it was

Are you saying I should start drinking again so i can get Media Center to work?

After playing with it more, and checking files it seems to work when it wants to.

I think i just gave up on it for tonight in favor for something more entertaining.

PBS has a show on about UAV's
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2003, 04:00:46 pm »

Just tried to burn an audio CD from a playlist, it wrote the lead-in and then on the first track I received a pop-up message incompatible medium.  I may be doing the process wrong but this is the way I have done it with previous versions when burning was not a problem and the selected playlist had been successfuly burned in the past.

1. Select a playlist

2. Select Burn CD

3. Select Audio CD

4. The Burn Information including the percent of CD used and left would be indicated in the lower right hand display area  below the playlist information.  I would then be able to select the start button and burn the CD.

When I follow this proceedure in the current and the last few versions, there is never any information listed with the number of tracks and percent of CD used left, I have to click a second time  on the upper toolbar Burn CD and then the correct information will be displayed below even though the CD will not burn correctly.  Thank You, Joe Karnes

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.91 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 161 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

ZRocker

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2003, 04:01:07 pm »

Bugs:
1. MC still crashes when renaming folders in a data CD burn list.  This has been a bug in *every* MC 9.0 release.  

To recreate:
1. Add 10 or so albums to a data CD burn list
2. Arrange the folders in the burn list by Album
3. Highlight the 1st folder in the burn list (Org Tree)
4. Press F2 to rename
5. Insert 01 in front of the Album (folder) name
6. Press <Enter>
7. Press <Down Arrow>
8. Perform steps 4 thru 7...using 02, 03, etc. in front of each successive folder rename

MC usually crashes by the 3 or 4th rename...never fails (for me in all MC builds, that is).

Of course, having a function (right-click menu option) that would do this two-digit numbering for me would be cool, but I'm not complaining...I'd just like to rename the folders and not have MC crash everytime.

2. The burner is still burning the wrong last modification date for data CD burns...it's burning the current date and time for the last mod date...WRONG and not good for archiving.

3. Betting the burner is still burning the directory out-of-order (JohnT knows what I'm talking about).

4. The burner stats (% used, # files, etc.) is still showing 0s (zeroes) initialally when starting a burn list...if you change the focus to somewhere else in MC and return to the CD-Rom for the burn, the list updates correctly.

5. Windows shell integretion does not work...stopped working in v9.0.90.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2003, 04:07:44 pm »

Still can't burn to Firewire attached CD-Rs.

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2003, 04:34:11 pm »

I can't play a MP3 not already imported into Media Center.  I can't import a new file into Media Center.  This is true for both .90 and .91.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2003, 04:46:11 pm »

Pretty much disables everything under CD Writer Settings.
Download Manager is back but it doesn't work.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.91 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 533 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 67 MB
Resource Info: System - 27 %, GDI - 50 %, User - 27 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
That's right.
I'm cool.

sraymond

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2003, 04:51:09 pm »

When trying to play a web media (i.e. CNET Radio), MC crashes with XP's message:  "Media Core has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience"

The error signature is:
AppName: media jukebox.exe       AppVer: 9.0.91.0       ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106       Offset: 0000234c

My system info is:

AMD Athlon 1673 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 94 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive I:          RW-241040          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Scott-

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2003, 05:02:48 pm »

This version has some serious problems.

After installing it...
* My Win XP desktop turned totally black... it killed my wallpaper.
* No songs were showing up... had to re-import all 4000 songs.
* Most of my cover art was no longer showing up in MC9.
* 125 of my 295 album cover art *.jpg's were missing from the Cover Art folder which I keep separately from MC9.  Lucky, I had back-ups.
* After restoring all the missing cover art jpg's from back-ups, the cover art still does not show up.  Acts like it lost the file tags for the cover art.

I did not experience these problems with Version 9.0.90.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

RemyJ

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »

Well, ripping and burning are OK again but I'm probably going to go back to 89.   I'll wait until the end of the week to do a full bug check but...

Things I've noticed in this release...

I too have files that won't play.  In all cases though, they had a "square box" character in place of apostrophies in their names and filenames.  When I deleted the files from the library and re-imported them, the square boxes changed to &acute; and I could play them.

Grouping on artist isn't working at all.  The group names (A-C) have "square box" characters in them and are all empty.

My View Schemes were all lost.

Can't turn off tree tooltips.  

Equalizer preset isn't saving its state.

Things I've notices in the fast few releases...

None of the date smartlists are working

Overflow handling, and continuous play aren't saving their states.

Directory creation has gone haywire.  I ripped a CD with the destination directory set to "c:\usr\testmusic" and MC created...
c:\usr\temusic
c:\usr\tesmusic
c:\usr\testmusic
c:\usr\tmusic

When I set it to "c:\usr\music" it created...
c:\usr\m
c:\usr\mu
c:\usr\mus
c:\usr\musi
c:\usr\music

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2003, 06:42:43 pm »

Hot darn a new build and ASIO works again.

i'm going to fiddle with this build now, and see what i can get ;D.

Also i wish there was more ASIO settings that could be set. ASIO i know can be fine tuned. is there any future dev with this feature planned?

heres another one for you *cheers* ;D

~peace~

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2003, 06:54:34 pm »

Just a couple of comments:

1. I've made this request before, maybe you can do something about it.  I make a playlist group for all my own Smartlists.  If I mistakenly select the Playlist Group item (not the "+" but the playlist group), MC takes forever as it builds the list of songs.  I'm guessing what it's doing it building the list of songs from all the Smartlists in the playlist group.  Can I make a suggestion?  Get rid of this functionality?  So that if you select a playlist group it doesn't populate the song list?  It would speed up performance drastically.

2. MC9 seems to be eating up tons of resources.  With is running I go down to 64MB or RAM left (of 384).  The minute I shut it down, I'm back up at 240.

Adam(S)

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2003, 07:00:50 pm »

aaaaghghhh!!
all of the ö in my Björk songs turned into squares in mc and i can't change them back.
but the larger problem is every time i open mc9 it makes my windows xp box all but inoperable. i have 256mb ram and an athlon 1700 but i can't even open a browser window because it locks up my computer so much. it seems to get worse with each new bild and im not sure why. mc9 is taking like 180mb of ram to run. is this my computer or is it mc9? i don't have problems running anything else. here is my system info and i appriciate any help.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.91 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1793 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 7 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: MITSUMI  CR-48XATE          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Use MJ Engine:Yes
---------

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2003, 07:54:50 pm »

Willrmc:

I'm having the same resources problem.  It's not your computer, I'm sure they'll get it hammered out.

Regarding the Bjork problem.  I had the same issue, here was how I was able to get it solved:

Fix the tags on the Artist tag.  You'll get an error that says it couldn't update the files, but ignore that.  Then do a Rename Files From Properties.  Make sure to select both the Directory and the File name checkboxes.  You'll also get another error message, ignore it.  Do a Rename File from Properties again.  It'll work fine now.

That did it for me.  Only had to do it once.

Adam

ZRocker

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2003, 02:47:51 am »

Bug:
1. On a PC with two soundcards, MC can playback on either soundcard (based on Playback setting), but the volume control only controls the first soundcard found on the system.  I'm listing this again as I've not seen a fix listed for it, but I can't test it as I'm away from my PC with two soundcards at the moment...maybe another MC user can test it out and verify.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2003, 04:33:03 am »

aaaaghghhh!!
all of the ö in my Björk songs turned into squares in mc and i can't change them back.

We are going to focus on this problem and the memory problem you reported today.  Hopefully we'll solve it today.  Thanks for your (aaaaghghhh!!) patience. ;)

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2003, 05:41:24 am »

Accented latin characters (such as "á", "à", "ã", "â", etc) and cedillas aren't being alphabetically sorted correctly in the main window and drop-down boxes. They come after "z".

MC still doesn't remember the overflow handling mode and always defaults to "Clip protection"

Great work with Unicode guys, that standard should be adopted in every program.
Sérgio Gomes

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2003, 06:00:01 am »

1. In MC My Computer, using Add Folder function and typing an invalid folder name like A\B\C is not handle right my MC.  MC leads you to believe A\B\C is created (by its display)...after a generic error message.  How do you add/create multiple folders at once (from release notes above)?

You can't create multiple folders at once.  Before, if you created a folder, then tried to create a new folder under it, nothing would happen -- that's what got fixed.  Also, the invalid name bug will be fixed next build.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2003, 06:31:22 am »

Bugs:

1.  Upon opening MC I receive the following error message: "File 'C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\Media Scheduler.exe' is not found."

2.  Cannot import any files

3.  Library restore and backback do not work.

4.  Plug-in does not recognize internal artwork.

5.  All accented characters converted to squares, as reported by others.

Shelly

Intel Pentium 4 1693 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 219 MB

Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2003, 07:27:52 am »

When creating new View schemes, what's the difference between Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto).
One would guess the auto thingy will do something like that:
if Album_artist is null then
  return Artist
else
  return Album_artist

Well, it doesn't do that , although I would love if if it could.

Another function missing concernig album artist.
When looking for data in YADB or looking for cover art, the engine searches for the artist name and not the album artist.
In that way, song 2 from the greatest album of all times - Dire Straits/Brothers in Arms (the song is Money For Nothing Featuring Sting), will not be found. (It's looking for the album: Dire straits & Sting / Money For Nothing).

One more thing I asked for a long time ago, if it's possible to attach an explanation of the new audio fields (BPM, mood, intensity etc.).

Thanks.

P.S.
Good version except I had to re-import all my non english mp3s...

nila

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2003, 07:33:37 am »

AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

BIG BUG!!!!!!!

Just upgraded to this version from v 89 and it totally destroyed ALL my old view schemes and replaced them with the default ones. I had a LOT of carefully constructed and planned ones that I was using to do stuff!!

Grrrr!!

Can I PLEASE request that the whole install/upgrade process is smoothed out.

• The installer should remember the previous file associations from the last install of MJ. As well as all the previous options.
  • It should definitely be broken down into types for the installer (video/audio/image) to make it a lot easier as I dont want MJ being associated with images even if I do use it to manage my digital photo collection.

You guys are always releasing new versions of MJ on a regular basis, not that I'm complaining, I love that fact but it means that for most people, probably over 50% of the installations being done are purely to upgrade to the latest version, they aren't for fresh installs. It would therefore make sense if the installer was designed mainly for upgrades or at least equally as much.

nila

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2003, 07:46:00 am »

BUG

Custom fields that I have created.
I have set values for some of these and the values aren't working properly in the properties window.

For one of them I have this as the values:
Amazing|Good|OK|Poor|Bad

and the drop down list in the properties window just shows:

-----------------------
Amazing
Good

as the three values

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2003, 09:04:02 am »

You are doing a great job. It was the right decision to swich to unicode. Although there is some work to be done, everything is going in the right direction.

Payam
P.S. see all the 'aaarrgghhhs' above, they would have been ten times as loud should MC have been run by some kid in Norway with lots of foreign characters. So luckily you did not decide to release MC 9 commercially without looking into these issues. Thanks

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2003, 09:26:31 am »

Found another small bug. Looks like the search box in the "Playlists" section isn't "Unicoded" :) When you type an accented character it just shows as a box.

Ironically, it was great to find all the songs that got illegal characters in the upgrade  ;D
Sérgio Gomes

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2003, 10:28:53 am »

OK, I think I've found out why MC does not play certain files, even if they don't have accented characters. It looks like it doesn't like big images (not sure if it's the image size or image file size).

Just thought it might help.
Sérgio Gomes

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2003, 10:31:59 am »

Sorry - but more problems!

1. DVD playback is not working properly.  I play the DVD with PowerDVD and it plays fine.  In MC, not only does it only show the DVD in black & white, it tiles unviewable mirror images below the "real" image.  I tried to take some screen shots, but nothing I do captures it.

2. When using the My Computer tree view, the drive title does not change when changing discs.  Even if I force a refresh, it still shows the DVD that was in the drive when I started MC.

3.  Good news - I upgraded the firmware on my Pioneer drive (as, I found yesterday that I couldn't even play DVDs, let alone RIP) and it seems to be working now within MC.  I am ripping a CD as I write this and the first track has already completed.  Something I could never do with several of the previous versions of MC.

If you have any ideas how I can grab a video screen playing in MC, let me know and I will send it to you.  I have tried using Windows built-in print screen, as well as a third-party screen grabber.

Keep up the efforts!  Things are beginning to look good!!
aRCLiGHT
Pages: [1]   Go Up