INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.90 beta  (Read 8633 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.90 beta
« on: January 06, 2003, 01:56:39 pm »

Media Center 9.0.90 beta is available.

THIS IS THE FIRST RELEASE AFTER MAJOR CHANGES -- YOUR DATA AND LIBRARY MAY NOT BE TOTALLY SAFE.  IF YOU AREN'T COMFORTABLE WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF PROBLEMS, PLEASE WAIT A FEW BUILDS.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:      

[This build was pulled so we can fix ripping and burning problems reported below.]

Changes      

1. NEW: Media Jukebox converted to Unicode -- offering better support of Chinese, Japenese and other non-latin character sets.
2. Changed: A few appearance / look modifications. (gradient dialog backs, statusbar, grippers, etc.)
3. NEW: Improved tooltips with images.
4. Fixed: MJ skinning would convert &'s to underlines when drawing a frame's caption.
5. Fixed: Auto volume for sound recorder didn't work right for Mixer source with some sound cards (like Creative PCI128 ).
6. Fixed: Media Scheduler "start recording" command would fail with "Media Jukebox was unable to play any of the files in the playlist" warning.
7. Fixed: CD writing and ripping failed on Win9X / ME systems due to wnaspi32.dll file being located in MJ directory.
8. Fixed: Rearranging folders for data CD burns was crashing. This same fix should take care of some other playlist bugs as well.
9. Fixed: Wave files with corrupt headers are now handled better by the MP3,OGG encoder plugins (previously it would hang).
10. Fixed: Error messages from encoder plugins would not get back to the convert file dialog.
11. Fixed: "Move to location" option in file converter wasn't working correctly (destination file names were wrong).
12. Changed: Several other small things lost in the fray during conversion to Unicode.
13. Fixed: Switching views with thumbnails showing would sometimes crash.

We're still getting more bugs reported than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.      

Thanks for your help and support.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.0.90 beta
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 01:57:46 pm »

YEAH!
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 02:07:30 pm »

Oooh.  That was Monday by four mintes ;D  Nice One!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 02:08:23 pm »

You can't Turn Off The New Tool Tips That Get In The Way.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2003, 02:19:26 pm »

You can't Turn Off The New Tool Tips That Get In The Way.

You can disable the 'Show track info tooltips' thru a simple registry hack by adding EnableContentToolTips2 and setting it to zero (under HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Properties).  I also added EnableTreeToolTips2 (because MC is looking for it too and not adding it when it is not found on Option saves).

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 02:42:28 pm »

Bugs:

• Tried to change Aenema back to Ænema.  MC can now display the Æ character however it will no longer play the file
  • The new tooltips look great but occasionally they appear over the top of context menus
  • Strange one.  It appears that when I change MEGA ME skin MC disassociates itself with file types.  Have to go into options and reassociate
  • The Recently Imported Playlist has gone again

Ideas:

• Similar to the new tags for tracks would it be possible to implement an album info tip like the ones used in Rhinos Album View for when you are looking at the view which shows one pic per album so that we can see what tacks the album contains from this view?
  • I mentioned this to Matt but I will add it here - Sorting both for the tree view and for the Album Cover view
  • Names for the different views so that ideas like the above aren't so complicated ;D
  • Just a reminder - the ability to hide non relevant felds eg hide image height width for mp3s but show it for images.

Thats it for now.

Cheers for the build

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 02:45:00 pm »

Wahoo!!
Unicode is done. Now we can get back on with other requests, updates, features etc :)

It took a while but good work and I'm ready to nag again :)

BEGGING FOR THIS FEATURE
  • Ability to use naming format for files when burning to write the files with different file names from their actual ones (make filename from properties).

• Also, could as a feature, we now get the ability to add and remove from the list of pre-defined naming formats. Preferably have a drop down list with all the formats in it with a button that says 'add naming format' which we click to then add another one to the list.

:)

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 02:50:51 pm »

When I try to install this version I get a popup complaining that setup cannot continue because IE 5.0 or greater is not installed.   As you can see below, 5.00.3502.1000  is installed and 9.0.89 installed fine.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.89 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2387 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 371 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3502.1000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3315.3727 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3502.5332
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     CD-RW  CRX175A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive E: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 02:52:43 pm »

After a bit of twidling I appear to have got the Aenema file to change its name to play, and to rename the XP file so maybe I was a little premature...

Adam

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2003, 02:58:07 pm »

Bugs:
1. Can't play CDs now (error "The volume labeld 'Compact Disc' not found).
2. Can't rip...MC always displays a blank track list after choosing Rip.

TURBO

• World Citizen
  • MCSE
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2003, 03:04:14 pm »

HEAVY BUG: When I try to import mpc's to the library, my tags (apev1) are not read. So I get nothing (NADA!). I open the same files with another player and the tags are there.  >:(

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2003, 03:07:01 pm »

Submit info to yadb and look up info at yadb dont actually appear to be doing anything...

Adam

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.90 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1539 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: MITSUMI  CR-48X9TE          Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

NoCodeUK

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2003, 03:09:30 pm »

Confirm no CD AUdio.  When a CD is entered it simply shows a blank playlist.  Clicking on play says please select files to play...  When ripping it says no files to copy...  Clicking on update from CD Database does nothing

Adam

UPDATE:  I can access CDs from the My Computer area and CD / DVD / Handhelds if they are in my writer but not if they are in my normal DVD ROM Drive

UPDATE 2:  Appeared to be going fine.  I got a CD in, entered data, clicked rip, the dialog came up I started the copy then it hung.  When I clicked to cancel the rip it shut down MC

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2003, 03:10:06 pm »

Like ZRocker says, I pop in the CD and nothing happens (It's supposed to play in Media Center).

When I click on the "CD, DVD & Handhelds" section, it shows a blank in the main pane (no tracks).

If I go into Windows Explorer, the CDA tracks are there, and therefore I could play it in Windows Media Player (but who would want to?).

Hope you can fix this one sometime soon.

Otherwise, nothing really big.

One bug I have noticed for a while that may not have been mentioned:

There is one track in the playlist selected, and in the bottom right of the mega-me window, it says how many files are selected and how long the total is.  If I CTRL-click on the selected file, it will tell me about the whole playlist since nothing is selected.

But, if it's a short list that does not go to the bottom of the window, I try to left-click on the blank space below th playlist.  Although the track is no longer selected, the status thingy in the bottom right still acts as if it is and only shows me info about that one track.  It would be cool if it would do the same as deselecting with CTRL-click.

Thanks,

Dan "da Man"

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2003, 03:11:28 pm »

Ohh, here's my system info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.90 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 107 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Dan "da Man"

RemyJ

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2003, 03:13:35 pm »

Major Malfunction:

Can't rip:  get "Failed to get track info"
Can't Burn:  get "Invalid Number of Parameters"

Have to revert to 89.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

NoCodeUK

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2003, 03:30:26 pm »

MC Is losing its file associations for no reason and when they are reassigned there is no longer any type of function from within explorer eg double clicking to play, right click play, right click add to playing now.

Managed to get my DVD to read a CD once I had added info for it using my writer but ripping crashed on this drive too.

Adam

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2003, 03:30:54 pm »

IE 5 required

We really just require a certain version of ComCtl32.dll. (5.50 right now)  We may need to tune what we require, but old versions of ComCtl32.dll don't support Unicode.  We'll do some testing on a fresh install of W2K.

MPC

MPC will not work.  We need to get a hold of the guys that made the plugins and have them update them for Unicode. (and other little version 9 things)  If you're those guys, drop me a line at matt @ jriver.com

Lots of other problems

We sort of expected this. (hence the scary warning)  However, look for things to get a lot better fast.  Our goal is to have a really stable build by the end of the week.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2003, 03:46:20 pm »

MC will now no longer play over half my library.  I have cleared the library and reimported but it makes no difference.  I am afraid I am going to have to go back to 9.0.89 guys.  This build is even more buggy than that one was...And at least in that one I can play MP3 and rip files...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2003, 03:49:04 pm »

Okay Matt.  Just saw your last post.  Ill reserve judgement until the end of the week and I will reinstall 9.0.89 for now as I really need to finish ripping my CDs

Cheers

Adam

TURBO

• World Citizen
  • MCSE
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2003, 03:51:30 pm »

Matt, just for the record. The latest beta winamp mpc input plug in, works. At least let you play mpcs. Make sure to use the beta v0.96. Still, the tags doesnt work. NOTe: Need to be configured in plug in manager. The link is :http://www.saunalahti.fi/~cse/mpc/winamp/index.html

RemyJ

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2003, 03:52:32 pm »

Well, It's taken me 30 minutes to get back to a stable (  :P ) build.

Can you guys Please, PLEASE fix the uninstaller so it removes the files placed in the system folder??

The 30 minutes was spent trying to figure out why after a reinstall of 89 the player window and drop target were transparent.  After manually removing the 5 files orphaned in c:\winnt\system32, a reinstall worked.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2003, 04:09:32 pm »

Ok, first of all, I had uninstalled .89 this morning because it was having all sorts of problems after installing AlbumView. I uninstalled the plugin, but the problems remained, so I uninstalled.

Anyway.... On first startup of .90, I noticed that all of my view schemes are gone. I thought those were saved in the library. If not, they REALLY SHOULD BE. :P

I went to play a file, and I got some message about not being able to play the file. I hit ok, and it said it again, and again... It finally stops and says something about checking the playback properties. So I did. I didn't change anything, as they were all set to the same settings I had before. But when I came back, playback was possible. Weird. The only thing I'm noticing now is that there are pops and cracks where there weren't any before. They're not the same kind you get with a bad mp3, but with a staticky sound card.

Beyond that... I've noticed that this build will not install any skins. I get an INSTALLSKIN failed message and am left with a folder called ??Goo in the Media Center folder.

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2003, 04:09:47 pm »

Bug / Problems:

1. I can no longer add cover art to existing MP3's.  I was running 9.0.88 prior and it was working fine.  Actually, it looks like it is adding it, but it is not showing up in the File Properties screen when displaying the entire album or individual files.  But it does display the image in Playing Now.

2. I get script errors each time a new MP3 starts playing when using the MJ Luna track display.  This just started since upgrading to 9.0.90.  Here is the error message:

3. Had some wierd database entries, so I ran Update DB.  It crashed while doing the updates.

4. The ability to change from Internal ASPI to External ASPI is gone.  It was in the 9.0.88 version of MC.

5. I am having tons of problems with ripping and burning.  Here is the error message that I was getting with v9.0.88:

Now I am getting this:

Part of this could be the whole disappearing Internal ASPI toggle.  As a side note, I am able to use EAC and rip CDs without a problem, so I have to assume that MC is having the problem.

SYSTEM INFO:
Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.90 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 598 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 23 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive Y: YAMAHA CRW4416E   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: 90 %

aRCLiGHT

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2003, 04:33:24 pm »

Download Manager's out.
That's right.
I'm cool.

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2003, 04:33:59 pm »

Auto Smartlist (MUSIC) -- A list of the playlists that DON'T work:

Bitrate -- High
Bitrate -- Low  
Favorites -- Listened to Today
Recently Imported -- ALL OF THEM
Top Hits -- Listened to Today

Every one of these uses a >= or <= ... only < or > have worked for the last couple builds ... whats up ?

ZRocker

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2003, 04:40:10 pm »

A really stable version by the end of the week.

Wow...kewl!!  I can't wait to have ripping, encoding and burning support working again and/or working without crashing...been too, too long.  Also, I look forward to ID3v1 comment tags working again (showing up in MC's content view, that is).  And, Column heading renaming w/o breaking functions that use templates (like renaming with [ARTIST] - [ALBUM]...etc.)  :)

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2003, 04:52:54 pm »

One of the remaining bugs from last builds:

MC still doesn't remember the state of the overflow handling and always defaults to clip protection
Sérgio Gomes

dragyn

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2003, 05:41:54 pm »

In disabled skin mode, mc should at least be using the windows themeing for stuff, including the status bar. Same thing goes for the buttons. I have some darker themes and they definately don't look good when the status bar just pops out at ya.

I would use skinned mode but the toolbar buttons aren't skinnable. They just have the 3d (9x/2k) look to them compared to non-skinned xp look when the buttons are skinned. The only thing lacking in disabled mode is the status bar and control bar buttons.

It would also be nice to totally hide the status bar because there really isn't that much info for it. Really haven't figured out what "Ready" means as it's always Ready.

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2003, 06:50:00 pm »

In the visualization stuido, preset color gradients do not seem to work, nor for that matter do HTML color codes.

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2003, 07:02:52 pm »

I am now unable to play or rip audio CDs from either my DVD or CDR.  Also when I attempt to burn an audio CD from an MP3 playlist and and hit start  a "Media Jukebox" pop-up appears and indicates  (member not found).  Thank you, Joe Karnes

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 161 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive D: HP CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2003, 07:24:28 pm »

I have posted the following problem several times in the past and I realize it is not specific to MC 9.0.90 but I would still appreciate any suggestions as to how to correct it.  Regardless of what MP3 track I initially play when I first open MC, there is all ways pops and other sound distortions.  I can stop the track and restart the play and the sound quality is great.  Thanks for any help, Joe Karnes

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 153 MB

Burning /  Drive D: HP CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

newhere

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2003, 07:37:14 pm »

I hate to repot yet another small thing but something awkward has happened, since I tried to change some filenames and some tag info with MC exclusively (no changes are done with the explorer from windows...). I renamed some files, erased some others all within MC 9. All seemed to go well, the only strange thing is: MC is reporting less files than Windows tells me there are in my Music folder. I assume all the files that I wanted to erase are out of MC and it is counting correctly (I also emptied the Recycle Bin to get rid of the songs). My Folder, however, is now showing a whole bunch of files that are tilted like the erased ones were with the exception, that they have a .XXXXX on the end (since most files are MP3s they show up as .mp3.XXXXX) they all show under properties as 0 byte files so I guess it does not take up any space, but it is a little annoying. Also very curious is that there appears to be an empty folder now in my Music file which is named after a file I remember renaming (it was a quite long filename). I am surprised that MC created an empty folder named after a renamed file for no apparent reason. No harm done but it seems MC has a life of its own (lets just hope it won't get ill tempered on us). I try to worship MC 9 at least once a day to keep its daemons at bay.
Hey that rhymes.

Payam

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2003, 07:56:24 pm »

:D   Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes    :D

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2003, 08:07:32 pm »

Thank you so much for the unicode version.

Now I can start building my Jpop library into MC.

Naturally the small details need to be ironed out but you did a really great job tackling a huge task of unicode conversion.

By the way, Unicode is a way to handle international characters- like Japanese, Chinese and Korean -in a native English version of Windows. Netscape and IE also support unicode. The reason is because Japanese, Chinese and Korean use double-byte characters (two bytes for each character). Chinese has thousands of symbols - unlike the 36 letters in English - and so Windows needs an extra byte just to handle the extra characters. One byte could probably handle the standard Korean alphabet but they also use some Chinese characters.

Thus, since there are about 2 billion, or so, Asian people in the world it might be a good idea to make MC handle their native language.

As for me, I notice only a couple of things that might only be temporary problems.

1) Clean-N-Tidy scope does not display correctly (white lines not visable).
2) Sorting and assigning Name,Artist,Genre and Title may not be working right now. To be honest, doing this sounds like a big task all in it's own!!

That is all for now but I love this build - despite the usual glitches with beta.

Good luck everyone and I will give as much input as possible.

Gary ;D ;D ;D ;D

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2003, 08:12:10 pm »

New bug with files with foreign characters.

"Sinéad O'Connor" as an Artist name used to work fine for me.  Both in the Artist name and in the file name.

Now, with verion .90 it's showing up as "Sin&#65513;ad O'Connor".  Both in the file name and in the Artist tag.  If I edit the Artist tag, I get an error that it could not update the files.  If I ignore that and then try to correct the File Path I get the same error.

If I try to delete the songs and reimport them, MC crashes when I try to delete the songs.

Adam(S).

Topper

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2003, 09:21:48 pm »

When Creating or editing a view scheme, selecting the grouping option will cause weird characters to appear instead of the usual 0-9, A-C etc

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2003, 09:46:27 pm »

No new way to change zones? What a disappointment. Or did you just forget to mention it? I won't even download the new build as long as I suppose there is no way to change zones...  :'(
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2003, 10:51:48 pm »

Ok, first of all, I had uninstalled .89 this morning because it was having all sorts of problems after installing AlbumView. I uninstalled the plugin, but the problems remained, so I uninstalled.

Doof, out of interest what problems were you having with AV?

Can I presume they weren't specific to AV as you haven't reported an issue?

jofte

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2003, 01:43:20 am »

1. Winamp plug-in Adapt-X 3.5 still doesn't work. Situation is WORSE than with e.g. build 9.0.87 as it now doesn't even display the plugin control pane for Adapt-X.
I even contacted the author of Adapt-X and he told me that J River was considering providing a native implementation of Adapt-X. Is this going to happen with 9.0 final or can I at least expect that the Winamp plugin issue will be fixed anytime soon? I really hate having to get by without my professional Direct-X mastering plugins!!!

2. ASIO support is broken (Delta Audiophile 2496, 29x10 drivers, WinXP SP1).

3. Bang&Olufsen Beosound 2 not detected -- is this supposed to work? Windows Media Player 8 and 9 work very well with this portable player (copy to and from).

4. Media library takes sometimes more than 10 seconds to respond to clicks if I open or close (!) view schemes e.g. Artist/Album. Fortunately, the Album View 2.0.4.0 plugin handles the same library without any noticeable delays (after taking 6 seconds for 1st time initializiation). This is on 2xAthlon MP 1800+ with 2GB RAM.

5. 24-bit sound output via DirectSound or Wavemapper doesn't work.

6. changing sound output bit depth requires restart to be accepted.

That's all for now ...

Regards,

Moritz

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2003, 01:55:40 am »

J River we have a problem

1.  insert disk to be rip in DVD-rom get nothing there
2. Insert disk to be rip in cd-rom get nothing
3. cant play dvd movies any more aslo

Listening to: 'SPACE ODDITY' from 'BEST OF BOWIE' by 'DAVID BOWIE' on Media Jukebox

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1472 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 246 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: SONY     CD-RW  CRX195E1    Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

So much music so little time!

orangarot

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2003, 02:37:05 am »

Burning doesn&acute;t work any more.
The same problem i had with version 9.0.84 i think.

If i send some songs to my burner and klick on the burner symbol mc freezes.

my system:
Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.90 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 907 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive H: HP CD-Writer+ 9300   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes

ZRocker

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2003, 06:15:30 am »

Bug:
1 & 2. I imported some MP3s with ID3v1.1 tags and comments in the tags.  MC showed nothing in the comments.  I used the Rename from file properties... funciton to rename the imported files and MC removed the comments from the tags (bug #1) and MC updated the tags (bug #2).  I like my comments and prefer that MC not delete them...also, MC should not be updating tags & file last mod timestamps on simple file renaming.  Basically, it seems like MC's support for ID3v1.1 comments has just gone 'south' in the last few builds.

RedJ

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2003, 06:48:05 am »

Please, please, please, PLEASE!

Stop making me uncheck all the file types I don't want associated with MJ every time I update the software (and unchecking creating the shortcuts is also annoying)  Please make the installer remember what I unchecked the last time.

OTOH, thanks for making so many updates that I'm this annoyed.

Vermaje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • En français, ce serait mille fois mieux !
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2003, 07:11:58 am »

... And where can I download MC 9.0.90 beta ? :-[ :-[ :-[

In your message, there is not link  ...

<< If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:      

... and "here" : nothing  :-[ , nothing  :-[ , nothing  :-[  !!! ...

[This build was pulled so we can fix ripping and burning problems reported below.] >>  :o :-[ :-/

I have a licence purchased the 05/21/2002, (before the  12/01/2002)... Then why ?

Please, help me !

(nota bene : in MC9 , Audio Analysys cannot analyse the audio files in MP3PRO ... Sorry !)
Jean-Marc

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2003, 07:20:14 am »

OK, theres been many bugs in this release, but hey, all good software packages like this do in the alpha/beta stages so i'm not here to complain.

i looked through this whole thread, and saw noone mention the fact ASIO doesn't work anymore, and is not detected as of this build.

second, file association problems, double click a song, and you loose ALL associations. it was mentioned before, but this is a wierd thign to happen.

and finally, crashes when tryign to restore license file.

so far that is all i have gotten to witness, i went back to build 88.

but Matt, keep up the great work.

this ones for you *cheers*

-equalizer

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2003, 07:22:05 am »

You probably figured it out, but MC 9.0.90 was pulled because there is still WAY to many bugs.  Keep an eye on this forum, as a new version will be posted here....
aRCLiGHT

ZRocker

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2003, 07:46:11 am »

Bugs:
1. Windows Explorer integration does not work anymore (Play, Add to Playing Now and Import).

Dan Da Man

• World Citizen
  • I rule da-Man.com!
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2003, 08:27:10 am »

Well, It's taken me 30 minutes to get back to a stable (  :P ) build.

The 30 minutes was spent trying to figure out why after a reinstall of 89 the player window and drop target were transparent.  After manually removing the 5 files orphaned in c:\winnt\system32, a reinstall worked.

I think I am having a similar problem.  How do I find these files?  Could you give me a list of them?

I certainly don't want to go around my system folder deleting whatever.....

Dan "da Man"

equalizer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • When the time comes, you'll know what to do!
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2003, 08:35:02 am »

I certainly don't want to go around my system folder deleting whatever.....

Lier  ;D.

You know it's fun though.

BBInstaller.exe
mjextman.exe
MJReader.dll
JRImage.dll
JRMediaUninstall.exe (WARNING: if you are not uninstalling the software completely, do not delete this, it is required to uninstall)

unicows.dll (build 90 exclusive)

from MJ8-9build86 these where left:
MJMediaUninstall.exe
MJUninstall.exe

there you go DAN the SYSTEM files.

cheers
-equalizer
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up