INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.89 beta  (Read 27135 times)

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
Re: Media Center 9.0.89 beta
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2003, 11:00:18 pm »

When using "Rename Files from Properties...", MC9 does not generate unique filenames when duplicate filenames are found.

When Ripping or using "Convert Format", if a new file is being created with the same name as an existing file, a "(1)" or "(2)"  (etc) is appended to the new filename just before the extension.

This should happen when moving all files to a single directory, as "Rename Files from Properties..." currently does.

(There should be an option to maintain the current directory structure during a Move/Copy)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2003, 03:05:11 am »

I have asked Matt for this for Over two years.

I am now someone elses Step Child.

He does not like the Idea.

Maybe thats why Matt sent me a YuGo (Used). I did not know MatchBox Made Them, Must be a colectors Item

there was and maybe still is a bug where if you select i think "no" the song would drop out from the database. then you would need to import to get it back in there.

something also I have reported more than once

one way around this is to change the track# and include this in the rename mask so something in the name has changed.

I normaly use the option to change track number with seq in the list.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2003, 06:40:59 pm »

I have "Start Media Jukebox (sic) in: Media Library" with "Expand subfolders" turned on. When I start MC, the tree is expanded, but it then immediately collapses.

If I have the "File Properties->Image" tab open an use Rotate on an image file, the thumbnail updates but not the file properties window.

Arrow keys don't work properly in thumbnail mode. Up and down work OK, but left and right only access the first two columns.

I can't pause a slideshow. Neither Ctrl-P nor the pause button do anything.

REQUEST: Could a view scheme have a "Default view mode" option. I'd rather see thumbnails for my images, but a detailed list for my music

REQUEST: I love the way a frame from a video file is taken for the thumbnail, but could this be customisable? The default seems to be 1 second in, but for a lot of films, this is still black. I'd like to be able to shuttle in to the title sequence or a representative frame and do "Set as thumbnail frame"

Otherwise, great job. This is the first time I've played with thumbnails and images, and it kicks ass.

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2003, 08:23:23 am »

When are we going to see a new version?  Playback seems to be okay, but I cannot RIP or BURN.....

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- E:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 609 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 18 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Z:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive Y: YAMAHA CRW4416E   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:1  MaxSpeed:4  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
aRCLiGHT

RandyP

• World Citizen
  • Notre Dame
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2003, 08:33:43 am »

When are we going to see a new version?  Playback seems to be okay, but I cannot RIP or BURN....

aRCLiGHT...

I saw you have "Eject CD after Ripping" turned on. I couldn't rip with .088 either - it would hang at the end of the CD. When I turned off "Eject CD after Ripping" I was able to rip again.

I haven't been able to make Burning work, though.

Randy

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2003, 08:36:32 am »

Thanks!  However, I don't even get started.  I get read errors right from the get go.....
aRCLiGHT

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2003, 10:22:39 am »

Well version 9.0.88 really, but hey.

I wanted to watch TV with MC9, but found that I couldn't!

Why not you ask, well, there seems to be a bit of an omission in the country selection options.  Basically any which are PAL orientated :(

I am in the UK, and require a PAL-I decoder/tuner thing, but I cannot get anything to register through MC.  My TV software works fine, and I can watch TV there OK, but I want to use MC as it's just that little bit easier to run with other options etc BUT....

Are there any plans to add UK to the countries who can use the TV functionality in MC??

Thanks

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2003, 11:51:18 am »

Thanks!  However, I don't even get started.  I get read errors right from the get go.....

I think it is the internal ASPI, i think it went down the tubes.

Most people after installing External ASPI, and turning off Internal Can get it to work.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2003, 12:58:57 pm »

I will give that a whirl.......   ;D
aRCLiGHT

ZRocker

« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2003, 01:23:41 pm »

NOTE:  MC 9.0.89 does not provide a method to turn off using the internal ASPI layer...you are hosed if you want to use the external ASPI layer (unless there is a registry hack).

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2003, 01:36:10 pm »

Way to bust my bubble, Z!!!   ;)
aRCLiGHT
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up