INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video format errors  (Read 682 times)

Ronster

• Recent member
  • You silly wabbit!
Video format errors
« on: December 18, 2002, 02:30:03 pm »

I've been using Jukebox 8.0 for playing my (MPEG 1) video collection and it's has been working great.  I loved it!!   ;D

I recently upgraded to MC 9.084 and found the need to return to the Jukebox 8.0338.

I experienced a lot of problems with this beta version.  I hope someone can help me.  I am looking forward to start using Media Center.

In the Jukebox version I had my videos sorted in the Media Library section by Artist, Genre, Mood and Rating just like my audio files.

In MC version all my file are showing up under Audio not Video and I seem to have lost more then half my library info.

The following errors came up when I upgraded.

PlaybackEng
Failed to download plugin info

MJ Reader
Failed to connect to a server

I had to kill the program to clear the error messages from continuously pop up for every file it tried to download information for.   These are my personal video (Mpeg) files that have no need to connect to any server for information.
This also happens when I restore my library video files from a prior version or try to play one of my playlist created in a prior version.

Also the few files that are listed are not showing the duration time in my playlist.

I hope someone can help me.  Especially since Jukebox 8.0 is no longer supporting video format.  I wasn't too happy about that decision, JRiver should have waited until MC was out of beta.   >:(

Thanks,
-Ron

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Video format errors
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 07:32:50 pm »

PlaybackEng
Failed to download plugin info

MJ Reader  
Failed to connect to a server

I am also seeing this problem.  Import media (doesn't seem to matter what kind of media), and I can expect to see this error occur at least half a dozen times.

It doesn't seem to matter if I've deactivated my firewall (ZoneAlarm) or not.

Any word on when this will be fixed?

Sam

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.89 -- E:\Tools\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1992 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 266 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Y:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive I: HP       DVD Writer 200j    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up