INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warm Wishes and Thanks  (Read 1347 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Warm Wishes and Thanks
« on: December 22, 2002, 11:54:59 am »

I want to wish everyone a warm holiday this week and next.  

It was a good year for us at JRiver.  MJ stood up and walked.  MC was born.  Life was good.  We owe you for that.  Thanks.  We'll do our best to make it a better one next year.

Here in Minnesota, the lakes are frozen and it's pretty gray and white.  Days are about as short as they get.

So last week, I took off for the Florida Keys.  If you've never been there, imagine what it's like to drive to the southern tip of Florida and then drive another 90 miles south and west, down a series of islands connected by bridges.  On both sides, you can often see water, with lots of mangrove swamps and thousands of boats.

Key West, at the tip of the keys, is a place where all kinds of different people have settled.  It's a true melting pot, with influences from the northern U.S., the south, Cuba, Haiti, Africa, and Europe.

It isn't very big, but it is a lot of fun.  Last week, it was warm enough to wear short sleeves and sandals.  I got sunburned.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.jriver.com/~jriver/2002/keywest/Index.htm

You'll see a few pictures of a Cuban restaurant called Versaille in the beginning, then some miscellaneous pictures of keys on the way to Key West, then a bar called Conch Republic Seafood, a ride I took on a tall sailing ship and another on a PT boat.  The one picture of completely blue water was out the back door of my motel room at Sugar Loaf Lodge.

If you've got anything else you can think of to post to warm things up, let it fly.  It's cold here.

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Warm Wishes and Thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 06:34:44 pm »

Hi Jim,
Well hopefully it will be really warm here in Australia. It has been around the 40 degrees Celsius this last week!

I'm curious what software you use to display your photo's on the web. nice neat job.
Merry Xmas to all.
regards,
Geoff
Is there any other music besides Blues?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 03:46:23 am »

40 celsius is around 105 Farenheit, I think.  Not warm.  Hot.  Very hot.  I'm sweating just thinking about it.

I use Lview Pro version 2.8.  It's a couple of years old.  It's mainly an image editor and it costs around US $45.  They have a trial version at www.lview.com.  You use "multiple open", drag your files in, then click on a miniature version of the screen to make your edits.  The trick is to tell it where to save the files, by using the _tiny_ browse button before you try "build".

Thanks for the weather report.  We'll send you one next June.

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 09:40:47 am »

for once i cannot warm you.
Very bad weather here since almost 2 weeks,big 48 hours storm last week-end ,another one coming  in 2 days.
it freezes in the north of the country and allmost in Jerusalem ,here in Tel-Aviv around 6-8 at night-must be around 30-35 for you.

For us it is really cold

Have a lot of fun and love this 2 comming weeks

To JRiver: a year you put out such an outstanding software as MC9 can be ONLY a good year

fluffybunny

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 03:26:14 pm »

Is that the J River company car? Nice paint job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up