INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: albums missing under artist/album  (Read 643 times)

Bill

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
albums missing under artist/album
« on: December 29, 2002, 10:54:14 am »

I have replicated this in both 9.0.88 and 9.0.89. The problem is as follows. If I have two different artists with an album of the same name, the albums do not appear under the artist. Example: I have 2 albums called Love Songs, one by David Lanz (14 tracks), the other by Candyfloss (1 track). When I expand either David Lanz or Candyfloss under artist/album the album is not listed. If I change the name of the candy floss album to something else, then both albums appear. Under David Lanz I see Love Songs and under Candyfloss I see whatever I renamed the album to.

I am running under Windows 2K

JorgeGVB

• World Citizen
Re: albums missing under artist/album
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 07:12:55 pm »

Check under Album Type, they will be listed under "multiple artists."  There is a way to turn this feature off.  I believe you right click on it to access the options.  I did it a few weeks ago, the multiple artist issue drove me crazy too.

I have also noticed a problem with downloading some album covers for greatest hits, best of, etc., type albums due to the multiple artists issue for albums with the exact same name.   It always downloads the same album cover, no matter who the artist actually is.  I have not figured out how to get around that one yet.  Other than downloading it manually that is..

This multiple issue idea must have looked great on paper, but can be annoying at times.  I wish there was a way to turn it off completely if you don't like it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up