INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No more freezes, but unable to burn with 9.0.89  (Read 2341 times)

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
No more freezes, but unable to burn with 9.0.89
« on: December 10, 2002, 09:22:03 am »

Each time I complete burning of an audio CD, MC 9.0.88 freezes up.  This same thing happened with ver 9.0.87 and  I have to close MC with Task Manager.  Some times I can re-open MC with out any problems but about half of the time the logo sign will come up with analyze device and then there will be about a five minute delay before MC actually opens.  During these delay periods I can open all other software programs normally.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0  (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 180 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: HP CD-WRITER+ 9700K   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Thank you, Joe K

orangarot

Re: Freezes after burning CDs
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 01:21:19 am »

i have the same problem :'(

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 908 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 153 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive H: HP CD-WRITER+ 9300   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:6  MaxSpeed:10  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2002, 03:31:11 pm »

Additional information that might help to determine the cause of the problems I am having with freezes when burning CDs, is that I am unable to follow the instructions in the Help Menu for "Create (Burn) CD".

(To Create/Burn a CD:

Put a blank CD in your CD-RW, and select the tracks you want to record or select a Playlist, and do one of the following:
Toolbar Click on .
Right-Click Send To > Device > CD Burner.
Drag & Drop Expand "CD & Handhelds" in the tree, and drag your files to the CDR-RW.
File Menu Tools > Write (Burn) CD.
The system will scan for a writable CD-ROM drive on your computer. If you have more than one it will ask which one to use.
When the dialog box opens, select Audio CD or Data CD.
Click on the CD-R/RW under Devices in the tree.
The content pane will change to show you the following:

In the first field select the size of your CD with the drop-down menu.
Notice that the second field, Status, displays the space left on the CD. Click here for technical information on CD capacity.
To change the track order of Audio CDs prior to burning, drag and drop tracks from one position in the list box to another. (Note: You can't change the track order of data files: they are always in alphabetical order.)
Click on the Start button.
When a data CD is burned, a Playlist file called "playlist.m3u" will also be burned onto the disc. This will contain the full track names (including directories and subdirectories) in alphabetical order).

The only way I am able to burn a CD since ver 9.0.87 and 9.0.88 is to select a playlist, click on Burn CD,select Audio CD and then the Content Pane will display except  there will be 0% space used on the CD.  I then right click on the displayed playlist and click on select all, then the correct % of space used on CD in the second field of the content pane will be displayed.  I then  click on the start button.  When the CD is completed and played, the title of each track will be displayed and even though the correct individual artist were listed on the playlist, the artist on the CD will be displayed as Various.
I have burned four CDs since my orgingal post yesterday and each time MC freezes up at the end of the process.  Would appreciate any suggestions as to what is causing this.  Thank you, Joe K

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 12:33:49 pm »

I just finished burning three more CDs and MC9 froze up after each completed burn.  One CD was a playlist by one artist that had been  ripped or downloaded and the correct artist was indicated on each track.  The other two CDs were from playlist of assorted artist and each of the tracks on the burned CD indicated the artist as "Various".  Each time I have had to close MC9 with Task Manager upon completing the burn process.  I have burned many Cds in the past without any problems and the only thing that has been changed on my system is MC9.  Thank you for any suggestions as to what might be wrong.  Joe K

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: No more freezes, but unable to burn with 9.0.8
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 07:17:06 am »

I just installed MC 9.0.89 and now I am unable to burn a CD at all.  I get a message "Cannot write medimum-incompatible format.  I have tried three different brands of blank CDs with the same result and they are the same type I had been using successfully.  I am again getting pops and other assorted nosies when MC is first opened and a track is selected to play.  I can then stop and restart play and the noise stops, this is a problem I have had with some previous MJB & MC versions.  Thank you for any help on my problems.  Joe K

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 10:10:11 am »

Joe_K

Sorry to hear about your problems, Since MC is still beta and JohnT is still working thru the problems I am sure if you keep providing JohnT usfull information he will be able to get it to work for you in a future version.

in some of the early posts you have the Use "MJ Engine:No " turned off, maybe you should try turning this on.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 11:04:58 am »

King, thank you for your reply and suggestion on use MJ Engine.  I looked under options, settings, CD Burner and could not find a place to select yes or no for Use MJ Engine.  As you can see by the following system info, it does indicate "Use MJ Engine:Yes".  This may have changed this morning when I installed MC 9.089.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.89 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium II 449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 184 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive D: HP       CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Thank you and J River Staff for all your help in the past.  Joe K

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 12:23:46 pm »

King, I just checked on my wife's computer which is running MC 9.0.84 and there is an option under Burn CD to use Internal Burning Engine or use internal ASPI Layer.  On MC 9.0.89 that option is not available.  I am going to try and keep her a few builds behind me from now on so I can check on things like this.  I hope I am  not complaining so much that Jim H. or John T. takes my picture down from the Users Hall of Fame.  Thank you, Joe K.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 01:24:25 pm »

I hope I am  not complaining so much that Jim H. or John T. takes my picture down

Well JimH is on a boat someplace south, with the sun going down and some coconuts and bananas swaying in the wind.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 03:49:51 pm »

Well JimH is on a boat someplace south, with the sun going down and some coconuts and bananas swaying in the wind.

I was on a boat two hours ago, off of Key West.  It was "America", a "tall ship" with two masts and four sales, and 95 feet on the water-line.  It was the sunset cruise, and the captain let me steer until a massive cruise boat began backing away from the pier.

Sorry, Joe, but I'm off duty for a few days.  JohnT is your best bet.

Happy Holidays to all.

JohnT

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2002, 04:29:41 am »

Have you tried with CD-Text disabled?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

TimB

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2002, 09:03:22 am »

.89 is a disaster for me John due to burning issues.  I've retreated to .88.

Wasn't sure if you'd seen my posts over here http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1036677986;start=50
starting at the bottom of page 2 and then onto page 3.

Can't get to ripping options.
Constant ASPI warnings.
.89 thinks I don't have burning drives.

.88 has none of these issues.

The .89 System Info is in the above thread too.

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2002, 09:08:13 am »

John T., I selected disable Write CD-Text and enabled Test Mode (will not write to CD).  I then attempted to burn a 700 MB  CD from a 21 track 79.458 MB playlist.  After attempting to write the first track, I received  the message "cannot write medium - incompatible format".  

Even though I had selected test mode, File Status, Seq and Name was burned to the track as (On Disk, 1 through 10 and Track 1 through 10.  I confirmed that the CD was closed with Sony CD Extreme software.

Thank you for your help.  Joe K

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2002, 11:39:55 am »

I just now burned a data CD of  an MP3 playlist of various artist.  When it was completed, I could not play it on my computer with MC9,  but I could play it with Windows Media Player 9.  I could  also play it  on three other DVD players in our home.  The other noticed difference from previous MP3 data CD that I had burned in the past is that the order of the playlist is alphabetical by artist and then alphabetical  by track name with each artist listed as a folder.  The ones I had burned with MJB 8, 7 and previous versions came out  the same track order as the playlist I had selected.  Is there some way I can change this  new track order situation back to the order of the playlist I burn from?   I know without a doubt I should be able to play the CD with MC9 and I feel that will be corrected along with other problems with furture versions.   I also tried unsuccessfuly three times to burn audio CDs today.  Each attempt ended with results as I have posted above.  Can we hope for a new version prior to Christmas?  Thank you and have a Merry Christmas.  Joe K

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2002, 04:11:39 pm »

Below is what I posted  in response to Jim H. post on the thread"Merry Christmas Instead Of Blue Christmas"

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS instead of Blue Christmas?
« Reply #7 on: Today at 7:58pm »  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have a problem, maybe somebody can help if you'll tell us a little more.  

Thank you Jim H. I have another post " No More Freezes, But Unable to Burn" that describes the problems I am having and I have been reading various post where several other users are having similar problems.

I did burn about a dozen audio CDs of children's Christmas music yesterday by using Sony Extreme software with out any problems except it is so much easier to use J River and burn from a playlist when everything is working correctly.  When I tried to use MC9 to burn with, all  I kept getting was an option to analyze.  Thank you all for your help.  Happy holidays, Joe Karnes

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.89 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium II 448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 157 MB

Burning /  Drive D: HP  CD-Writer+ 9700k   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: Yes /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Pages: [1]   Go Up