INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorting in the tree  (Read 1099 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Sorting in the tree
« on: December 15, 2002, 03:17:37 am »

This is one of my biggest issues at the moment.  Probably doesn't affect anyone else ;D

I have a view scheme in the tree Artist(auto)/Album/Name.  I want this to be sorted in the tree by track number rather than alphabeticalyy.  Is this possible?  At the moment I get a list of all the tracks on the album but in alphabetical order which is isn't very useful.  If it is not possible Ill forget it and go back to the old way.

Cheers in advance,

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

MachineHead

Re: Sorting in the tree
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 03:24:31 am »

Have you tried switching 'Name' to 'Track#'?

Also, in the Tree settings from options you could adjust the sorting there. Maybe...??

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 11:06:20 pm »

Bumping this one up.  If I set the view scheme to show track # it won't display the name and sorting seems to only affect views in the main window and not schemes in the tree.  Basically i want to show the name but the album be sorted by track #.  Is this possible?
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 12:48:24 pm »

Trying one more bump.  If I don't get any joy this time I guess it cannot be done...  and then Ill hvae to make it a suggestion :)

Adam

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 02:15:19 pm »

In the tree this isn't possible. I tried that a while back with v8 and it doesn't work. The list is where any adjustments are made with sorting. If you put this one in the wishlist it would get my vote.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 08:47:28 am »

Nice One - Someone in support.  I shall add it to the wish list.  I think for albums it makes much more sense to sort by track # rather than alphabetically.  It would be nice to sort Artist/Album by year too eg in the order the albums came out.

I shall add it to the list.  Lets see if anyone else is interested...

Adam

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 09:20:59 am »

I would like to add my $.02 to this.  It's pretty frustrating that MC9 behaves this way, and here's why:

I have a view scheme, Artist/Album.  When I right-click the display panel and use the "Quick Play" menu, I navigate through Artist, then Albums, and... that's it.  Nothing below Album.

So, I put in another level to the view scheme... I try "Name".  When going through the "Quick Play" menu again, I can now see song names, but they're alphabetical, not in track order.  :(

So, I try "Track #" instead of name.  Now, all I see is track numbers... no song titles at all.  Sure, they're sorted in track order, but if I don't know what "Track 12" is, I don't know what I'm playing.

I even tried putting a "~sort=[Track #]" modifier into the view scheme.  This gave me some freaky results, most often limiting the whole view scheme to contain only a couple (seemingly picked at random) albums.

Please address this.  "Quick Play" rules, and I use it a lot (most often for viewing video files, like my extensive South Park collection), but as it is, they're either alphabetical or listed as tracks only.  :(
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 04:10:52 pm »

Thats exactly the same as me.  I tried using the sort=track# modifier and ended up with only about a tenth of my collection.  And it was still listed alphabetically...

Can this be sorted??  Pretty Please??

Adam

P.S. Happy Christmas to all!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up