INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tntlvr.dll  (Read 2206 times)

gdowell

tntlvr.dll
« on: February 23, 2002, 09:15:29 am »

System file checker says this file is corrupt. I understand this is part of Media Jukebox??? Where to get uncorrupted file.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:tntlvr.dll
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2002, 09:28:21 am »

i don't think that is a MJ file

use windows explorer, and right click on it, and select properties, it may tell you who it belongs to.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2002, 09:29:24 am »

I don't think that's our file.  Why do you think it is?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

pearleaf

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 08:46:26 am »

I have the same problem (tntlvr.dll listed as corrupted).  Tech support at Gateway says their information is that this file is part of MediaJukebox or involved with it and that JRiver notes the problem.  What they say is that the file system checker sees it as corrupted when it is not.  i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also uninstalling and installing the newest version on the website.  This file is still there and listed as corrupted by the system file checker even when MJ is uninstalled.  
I think we need a reply from JRiver's tech people on what this file is, why it is "corrupted," amd whether, in fact, it is causing problems.
Personally, when I find an application interferes with my computer's operation I treat it like a virus and get rid of it and never use any other product by the provider.  So let's have a better answer than "it's not ours."  It is either part of MJ or is used by it.  If that is true, there must be a fix or else JRiver ought to come up with one.
Phil J B

tdillard

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 08:51:06 am »

That particular .dll file is part of the Diskeeper Windows Defragmenting program. It is that .dll that controls the trial period feature in the program. It has a 30 day trial period just like MJ. Hope that helps.

Michael Horton

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 09:00:45 am »

>> I  think we need a reply from JRiver's tech people

You got an answer from the CEO, and though worded as though he is uncertain, I'd bet it's the definitive company position on the topic.

JamD

• nothing more to say...
Re: tntlvr.dll
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2003, 11:21:21 am »

I have the same problem...!!!! :(

In MJ8's 'buyb12.dll' file, JRiver makes reference to this file. JRiver needs to explain why they make reference to this file and what this file is used for. The file does not come from Microsoft, I checked on their MSDN and DLL sites and that file is not there. On these sites Microsoft will list ALL of their operating systems files (Win 98, Win ME, XP, etc) and I perused all 46 web pages of files, some 2,500 files in all for my Win 98SE OS.

The way you can check for this file is to do a search for the 'buyb12.dll' file and open it with WordPad (not Notepad because it is too large). Then search for the 'tntlvr.dll' file by clicking on 'Edit', 'Find' and you will see that JRiver does make reference to this file.

I've searched DLL sites all over the Net for this file and nobody seems to have it. Now that this file is corrupt, it seems to be affecting my dial-up.

Please JRiver, we need an explanation.

Jam 8)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2003, 01:41:16 pm »

tntlvr.dll is not on my system and i Used MJ8 And MC9 On This System

buyb12.dll is not on my system and i think this was part of MJ7 and MJ8 (early versions of MJ8 before they moved to the new keys), and is not used anylonger.

If there was a ref to both files with J river, i am sure it was from an earlyer version.

look at the date on the file.

'We Can't Hide It Anymore (Lp)' Charted At 36 In 1976

Listening to: 'We Can't Hide It Anymore (Lp)' from 'The Best Of Larry Santos' by 'Larry Santos' on Media Center (Gold Edition)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2003, 02:01:10 pm »

I have used MJ 7.2 and am currently using MJ 80393 with the old rrg style license and I do not have that file on my system. I do not recall seeing that file name pop up anytime that I have done system maintenance.
Glen.

fex

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2003, 02:13:26 pm »

I don't have tntlvr.dll or buyb12.dll on my system (win xp). Must be a win 98 problem... (if there is one).

Fex

phelt

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2003, 02:43:57 pm »

J River is the company that makes Media Jukebox. They make other software, including the Buy Button API - think of it as a plug-in for shareware developers, to allow people to pay for their software from within that program.

tntlvr.dll is indeed referenced from buyb12.dll, which is part of the Buy Button package. So the Buy Button could have come from a J River program, or any shareware program that uses Buy Button.

I don't know about the corruption issue - system file checker may be over-zealous in detecting corrupt DLL's, or maybe the file got munged somehow. I'm sure that J River people (probably JimH) will clear this up ASAP.

BTW, it took me more time to write this post than to discover the above info with Google and Altavista  :)

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2003, 01:39:51 am »

I have both files on my computer (Win 2K).

The buyb12.dll, if I remember correctly, came with MJ 7 (it is dated from Nov. 2001... which is approx. when I got this system). I didn't find any reference inside of it to tntlvr.dll however.

I do have the tntlvr.dll (and it would appear I also have a backup of the file, oddly enough, created/modified at the same date and time as the original) which has a created/modified date of August 23, 1997, 11:33:24 AM. This system is only 14 months old, so I don't know where the files came from.

According to this thread , it may have to do with some other software by JRiver, namely Ice Offsite.

I don't know how I would have got this file from that program, as I've never had that program.... but I was browsing around JRiver's FTP site.... and I may have been a bit click happy  ;D ... but I still don't know if that would have done it.

I've never had a problem with tntlvr.dll, but then again... I'm not running Win 98 (well, I do have win 98 on another partition... but it's a clean install and doesn't have, or use, any of the dll's mentioned).

I don't know if any of this has helped... but ya never know.
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?
Pages: [1]   Go Up