INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warning About Combining Two Disc...  (Read 892 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Warning About Combining Two Disc...
« on: December 16, 2002, 06:37:33 pm »

When combining two CD disc into one, there needs to some safety measures added to MJ / MC to prevent what has happened to me on three occasions.

After ripping disc 1 & disc 2, I made the mistake of combining them into one disc without first doing a 'Fill track numbers from list order'.

This had two major problems that caused me to have to re-rip both disk a second time.

* The tracks were now out of order as 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc.
* Both disc 1 & disc 2 had a file named 'Overture' which both just happened to have the same track number.  This caused one of them to be lost.

I suggest the following...

* A message comes up advising that you are attempting to combine two disc into one without first doing 'Fill track numbers from list order'.  The message should offer to fill the tracks for me at this time thereby eliminating the problem.

This fix will be much appreciated.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

dobon

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Warning About Combining Two Disc...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 07:21:46 pm »

Combining the discs of multi-CD albums should not be a problem in MJ.

Rip the CD's consecutively. When finished, sort the files by "date created" and tag them with  "tools" > "fill track numbers from list order".

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Warning About Combining Two Disc...
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 09:21:10 am »

Hi Dobon;

Thanks for the input.

That would work... if I had taken the time to think a little more about it before re-ripping the files.

I sometimes find myself overwelmed with all the choices in MJ & sometimes forget the basics in the 'heat of battle'.

It would still be very nice if MJ offered to fill the track numbers for me in the correct order brfore I combined the two discs.

Oh well... mybe next time I will take the time to look first before I jump.

MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up