INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kill switch- possible?  (Read 585 times)

drbenson

• Recent member
  • I'll never buy 'til it's lossless
Kill switch- possible?
« on: December 11, 2002, 04:38:25 pm »

I'm trying to make my HTPC easier to use for the rest of my family, using an IR remote and Girder. I would like to program a button as a 'killer'- if a song is playing that I really don't like, press the button and MC9 skips to the next song, and the current one is put on the Do Not Play list.

Can anyone gently guide me toward how to do this? Or is this a feature request?

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Kill switch- possible?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 08:15:32 pm »

I'm trying to make my HTPC easier to use for the rest of my family, using an IR remote and Girder. I would like to program a button as a 'killer'- if a song is playing that I really don't like, press the button and MC9 skips to the next song, and the current one is put on the Do Not Play list.

Can anyone gently guide me toward how to do this? Or is this a feature request?

Well....
I think it would have to be the other way around (mark the current song as DNP, then go to the next one).

The setup in Girder would certainly be a multicommand of some kind...

I'm assuming you have a rating or playlist for DNP. If that's the case, you can install the hidepopup plugin for Girder. That plugin will let you manipulate certain contextual menus in MJ without having MJ as the frontmost app. I use this approach to set ratings and also find the current song's album &/or artist via remote.

I would set up the multicommand to:
1) Make sure the current song is selected (eg. Jump to PN)
2) Activate the contextual menu & set the rating or send to playlist with the HidePopup plugin
3) Go to the next track.

Let us know how you make out!
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up