INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License Issue, Again...  (Read 1924 times)

airrich

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
License Issue, Again...
« on: December 09, 2002, 04:40:46 pm »

I thought I had it all covered. I installed MJ 9 beta to a separate directory, but apparently it took over my MJ 8 system. I am now just trying to get back to my MJ 8 system. However, because my license was a MJ 7 with a .rrj extension, it appears I will be having issues getting MJ 8 to accept the license since it only wants to read a .mrj file. I do not have the original MJ 7 install file, but I may have a prior MJ 8 install file. I sent my request in threw normal means on the web site for my license to be sent to me via email, but it never arrived. Please help and let me know what I will need to do get me back to the full licensed MJ 8 system I previously owned. Thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: License Issue, Again...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 02:57:07 am »

you might be able to find MJ 7 on the internet some place. then use that to install, then upgrade to MJ8 that should work.

i don't think MJ7 is on J rivers server anylonger, the other option is upgrade to MC9 and you can use mj8 untill your ready for MC9 (maybe when it is out of beta).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

airrich

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 04:15:24 am »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look around for MJ 7. It seems that MJ 9 has stripped out some of the functionality in MJ 8, so I think I will stick with MJ 8 for the time being.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 04:35:53 am »

It seems that MJ 9 has stripped out some of the functionality in MJ 8.....

MC9 is MJ8 plus a lot more.  Nothing significant has been removed.

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/comparison.html

airrich

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 05:26:38 pm »

As you suggested I tried to find an available copy of the MJ 7.0 on the web, but I can not find a site that has it. Those that cite any reference to MJ 7.0 usually have a link to:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox7.exe

This link turns out to be invalid. So in the absence of finding a MJ 7.0 to upgrade to version 8.0 with just so I can get my license to be accepted what do I do next? There was no warning about this on the site before I downloaded MJ 9.0. I should have been able to download and try out the MJ 9.0 beta into a separate directory without concern for corrupting or damaging my MJ 8.0 license. I would like to just get back to MJ 8.0. I was very happy with that. Please let me know how to get there.

Thank you.

airrich

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2002, 05:56:41 pm »

In addition to the above request, I wanted to reply to the statement that nothing significant has been removed from the application. On my first pass through the product I noticed that there is no longer an option to view music files by where they are on the computer. In other words, in MJ 8.0 there was an option to see where .mp3s were by file location. Thus I could see what was on my C: drive and what was on my D: drive. In addition, I noticed that I can not grab a group of files and have the files renamed automatically by just selecting the option from the menu in the properties dialog box. It appears this function is completely gone. The may be one or two other things that I used that is now not present.

Thanks.

RemyJ

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2002, 08:42:48 pm »

I found this link by just typing MediaJukebox7 in google...

http://www.5star-shareware.com/Music/JukeboxDJandKaraoke/media-jukebox-download.html.  Was live when I tested it.

The options you're referring to weren't removed, just moved.   Check out the "My Computer" entry in the tree and you'll find the rename function if you right click after selecting a bunch of files and take "Tools".
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 02:45:45 am »

without concern for corrupting or damaging my MJ 8.0 license.

if you bought MJ7 you had a MJ 7 license not a MJ8 license. with a MJ7 license you were able to run MJ8 for free.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2002, 04:30:20 am »

airich,
You might have more success if you would just ask a question.  

"How do I find files by location in version 9?" is both direct and polite.

Jim

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 05:07:59 am »

In addition to the above request, I wanted to reply to the statement that nothing significant has been removed from the application. On my first pass through the product I noticed that there is no longer an option to view music files by where they are on the computer. In other words, in MJ 8.0 there was an option to see where .mp3s were by file location. Thus I could see what was on my C: drive and what was on my D: drive. In addition, I noticed that I can not grab a group of files and have the files renamed automatically by just selecting the option from the menu in the properties dialog box. It appears this function is completely gone. The may be one or two other things that I used that is now not present.

Thanks.

1. Create a new View Scheme. Click Add, choose Filename from the list and specify your base directory. There's your view by Location.

2. Select the files you want, right click, select Properties. Click the Tools button at the bottom of the Properties box. Everything that was there in 8 is here in 9. Plus a couple of new goodies.

Anything else?

As for the license issue... I had a version 7 license and was able to restore that into 8 without first installing 7. I can't tell you exactly how to do it off the top of my head, since I'm no longer using 8. But I'm 99% sure it can be done.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 06:13:24 am »

>> In other words, in MJ 8.0 there was an
>> option to see where .mp3s were by file location.
I Can See All My Files And Locations In MC9 on My A: B: C: D: E: F: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: X: Y: And Z: Drives

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up