INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oooooh  Yeahhhhhhhhd  (Read 831 times)

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
Oooooh  Yeahhhhhhhhd
« on: December 09, 2002, 08:24:56 pm »

;D ;D
Sorry to bother the message board, well no I'm not, but I just have to say something about MC9 (even though it is BETA).

This program is truly amazing.

Microsoft could not even dream of putting all this good stuff in a multi-function program like MC9.

I played a DVD in V9 and it seems to look much better than WinDVD!!

Time Shifting, TV, DVD, MP3, and even internet radio for those hard to find Japanese Stations!!! MC9 looks great and is good for you too!!

What!! Pay an arm and a leg for a "Windows Media Center" enabled PC?  ?    NOT!!!!!!!

Everyone at JRiver please keep up the good work!!
When MC9 is released I will get it. Thank you

ARGATOU GOZAIMASHITA.  :D :D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Oooooh  Yeahhhhhhhhd
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 04:45:55 am »

A big thanks to you!  Please keep us informed about your needs and ideas relative to MS Media Center.  We're after the same market.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Re: Oooooh  Yeahhhhhhhhd
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 12:42:59 pm »

Oy, Jim,

I'm happy to hear that you're after the Windows XP Media Center Edition market.  I want exactly what Microsoft is offering with their Media Center, but there's no way that I'm going to go buy a new PC for it.

The front-end is disgustingly simple to learn and use.  If you were to walk up to me and say, "Kurt, what do you want Hairstyle to be like?"  I would fire up MCE and say "Just like this."  I can't say it enough, it's the perfect UI for this type of app, especially if paired with a remote control.  Absolutely gorgeous, easy to use front end.

Oh, and did I mention the TV programming guide?  OMFG.  I just put in my zip code and it's picture-perfect TV listings.  I can even schedule TV programs to be recorded via the listing page, which features "Record" and "Record Series."  I dunno what "Record Series" does, but I bet it records the same show, every time it's on that channel or perhaps once per week.

The back end of MCE, of course, is tied to your WMP library, your "My Pictures" and "My Videos" folders.  This is where I say "pshaw!"  

I will say, however, that folder-based image support seemed to make more sense than album/database-based images.  I don't use MC for images, I just put them in my "My Pictures" folder.  Somehow, using a database to catalogue jpgs and bmps just seems weird to me.  But that's because I just haven't done it yet, hehe.

Anyhow, rock on Hairstyle.  Here's hoping you can grab that market.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up