INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Features - Recent catastrophy  (Read 636 times)

nila

Tagging Features - Recent catastrophy
« on: December 08, 2002, 04:10:51 pm »

I went away for the weekend so before I left I burnt myself an mp3 cd to listen to in the car. That's roughly 160 songs on it.
All the songs in my MJ database were nicely tagged and looked great and ready to burn. I threw them all in and burnt them. I jumped in my car and headed off safe in the knowledge I had hours of music to listen to on my cd.

Almost instantly though the problem set in, all the tracks were saying: No Tag.
My in car cd player, like most portible devices only reads id3v1 tags and not id3v2 tags.
Now I know I can individually go through all my songs in MJ and view the data for each song one at a time to check if they have the id3v1 tag info but this isn't exactly a fast or easy way to check them. Especially not for 160 songs (just to do that one cd) or for 7000 songs to make sure my whole library is correct.
What is needed is a feature like in Dr Tag (which I used to check my mp3's when I got back) whereby we can select to view the id3v1 info, the id3v2 info or both. This would instantly convert our whole library to show only this info and so would make this task extremely easy.
Using it I could instantly check and spot id3 version tagging problems with my files.

Another feature that is needed is the ability to individually edit the different version tags. I have no current way of editing the id3v1 tags specifically or the id3v2 tags seperately.

Also lacking is a tool to allow us to copy the id3v1 info to the id3v2 tag or visa versa.

These features are I feel all quite important in order to allow us all to fully drop our external tagging programs and to rely solely on MJ which is what we all want.

Just wondering if there's any possibility of having them added to v9 before it's release or if I'm going to have to continue relying on external programs?
Pages: [1]   Go Up