INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATI remote control plugin??  (Read 732 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
ATI remote control plugin??
« on: December 04, 2002, 07:21:48 am »

Hi All,

Is there any plan to support ATI remote control in Media Center 9?? I see that buttons such as pause, stop and play already work but it would be great to see all buttons functionally :). There is already a plugin for winamp for ATI remote control - so probably that can be levereged upon somehow?

thanks,
Osho

sraymond

Re: ATI remote control plugin??
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 01:33:20 pm »

Osho,

I'd agree it would be great if there was a simple way to get ATI remote functionality with MC, but the more I delve into this topic, the more I see the difficulty in developing a "one size fits all" approach to controlling MC with your remote.

A much more flexible solution is to use Girder (which already has a plugin that will allow you to use your ATI Remote Wonder *without* using the ATI application).  The biggest benefit to avoiding use of the ATI application is that you'll gain control over *all* the buttons (including TV, DVD, and Web).

Setup is actually quite simple.  You need the right Girder plugin and then an export group for MC.  If you'd like, give me your e-mail address and I'll send you what I'm using (as an export group) - which already has the ATI remote buttons learned.

All-in-all, I've very excited about the functinoality of Grider.  It's an excellent companion to MC!  Their website is www.girder.nl

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up