INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug Report & Enhancements ver 9.0084  (Read 1050 times)

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
Bug Report & Enhancements ver 9.0084
« on: November 27, 2002, 08:50:54 am »

I haven't been to many reports on Ver 9, been too busy reporting on the iPod plugin, but how that that's coming along so well, thought I'd devote some time to ver9.  So, here goes:

1. When importing Media files (mp3s), it would be nice if MC preselects the Artist/Album that was imported.  I like to be able to check/edit tags right after I import files and it's somewhat of a pain to have to navigate down to the Artist, select the Album imported and then edit the tags.  For a good example of this see how WMP Series 9 handles this.

2. When saving tags after a batch update, MC loses focus and you can actually see the title bar at the top flash really quickly.  Something isn't quite right here.  I've got the mp2 plugin set to delete id3v1 tags if that's any help.

3. Not sure how to fix this but forcing the tags to be saved isn't too intuitive.  If you batch update say the Album name, you have to click off any of the songs, then click back on one to make the "Saving Tags" msgbox come up.  It would be nice either to have a "Save" button on the file properties frame of have it done the minute you exit the field you're updating.

4. Suggest that the Save Tags dialog include a progress bar instead of just a message.   Also (nitpicky I know), you're using an inappropriate icon on the Saving Tags dialog, that's really a "Search" icon, if you have one at all it should convey Updating or Saving.

5. When editing tags the tree items don't refresh properly.  For example: if I have an album named "Album1" and I change all the songs on that album to "Album2", the tree does not refresh to indicate the new name.  I have to collapse the Artists/Albums tree then expand it again.  Same thing happens if I change the Artist name.

6. When trying to use the smarlist wizard and entering a Date rule, the dates are not listed as valid dates.  They are probably just in the wront format.  Now, I just checked this in the latest verision and I can't find the Date Imported modifier anymore...did this get removed?

7. And speaking of the smartlist wizard, (this is a big enhancement request), but there really could be a lot  of work done to make this easier.  I hate to speak of the competition, but MS has got this right in WMP Series
9.  It's so simple and intuitive and well, fun.  In MC it's clunky and for complex tasks it's a command-line interface that would appeal to developers only.  I don't think you can ignore this area.

8. Overall (I know this has been said before), the UI needs some eye-candy updates.  It really looks like a 3 year old application to me (sorry to be harsh), but as Jim follows the  "form follows function" motto, I know this won't be coming in this release.  Just don't make it too long of a wait (please!).

OK, that's enough for now.....

Adam

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug Report & Enhancements ver 9.0084
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 03:01:25 pm »

you should always place bug reports in the Beta bug thread, not always every message gets read and it keeps it on a list the programers can come back to.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug Report & Enhancements ver 9.0084
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 11:28:48 am »

Thanks, and keep on us about this stuff until we have it right.

Thanks again.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up