INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.84 beta  (Read 14293 times)

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 9.0.84 beta
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2002, 03:48:50 am »

Request:

1. Can we get the old style of Recently Imported back (like in v8.0)?  Read request here too.

chrigi

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2002, 07:06:51 am »

Bug: MC considers Liquid Audio (.lqt) files to be of media type video instead of audio.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2002, 01:11:54 pm »

Ripping Bug:

Trying to Rip a CD and the first track rips an encodes properly, when it gets to the second track I get this error:

MJ closes after that.

duhva

• Junior Woodchuck
Media Center 9.0.84 beta - Import hang
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2002, 01:19:34 pm »

Webtree and Cmagic have reported similar bugs, I think. The difference here is that I really don't have many (less than 100) mp3 files on my laptop right now.

I went to LIBRARY > IMPORT MEDIA, and just clicked START SEARCH, accepting default settings and searching the entire C: drive. After about a minute MC stopped responding. I finally had to kill the program/process manually using task manager.

After restarting MC I cleared the library and imported again, this time specifying the folder where all mp3 files are contained. It imported no problem.

Somewhere between these two events I lost the sole playlist I had created. Is this due to the crash, or my clearing the library?

Thanks, and system info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 177 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 21 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   No CD drives found.
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

MachineHead

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2002, 01:19:48 pm »

There is some focus problems when using Advanced>Add Keyword. Trying to get Peak Level in focus usually takes a click in the tree and back again before it will become available to select your options.

Also, not so much a bug, but does Replay Gain have a limit to what can be done with very low bitrates? One of the files I have is an interview with a bitrate that I intentionally lowered to save space. When I RG'd this file it came back with errors.

patdevlin

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2002, 03:25:38 pm »

Media Center 9.0.84 beta has no screen in the opitons set up for selecting the encodeing method (ie wav, mp3 etc.)  How is this done in Media Center 9.0.84 beta.

I can not rip a cd and this may be part of the reason

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2002, 03:42:24 pm »

Select a CD, press Rip, then go to options.  Encoding is there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2002, 03:50:03 pm »

Mr. X,
Your image link

...ca.msnusers.com/errors/documents/pictures/MJ%20Rip%20Error...

causes a login prompt for MSN passport.  Please don't link to images on that server.

Thanks,

Jim

Bill_Gaw2

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2002, 03:51:25 pm »

Had to reload MJ 9 tonight and have found two problems:
1When playing WAV files throgh ASIO into M-Audio 1010 I get skipping repetitively every second or so which doesn't occur with WAVE out. What's the fix/
2. The program doesn't remember were all of my files are. What should I do? Thank. Bill

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: minor typo in Media Server - General Options
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2002, 07:23:11 pm »

"Don not respond..."

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
Bug or Feature?
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2002, 07:42:47 pm »

Toggle to "Album Thumbnail" list style in a view scheme.
start playing and go to playing now
toggle to "grid" list style
go back to view scheme
list style is switched to "grid" style
----
This may not be a bug but it is very natural to expect to have the list styles stick. Thumbnails make sense in view schemes and file lists make sense in playing now. It is inefficient to have to switch back and forth

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2002, 12:48:31 am »

Problems with the MP3 Encoder

I get a lot of system crashes when I use the MP3 Encoder in Sound Recorder and in Converter (I've not tried Ripping yet), both with CBR (almost always) and VBR (occasionally).
I've rebooted several times, redownloaded the plug-in (I always get version 47 instead of 50, is it correct?), but the problem persists in build 83 and 84.
The problem appears in different ways: error in Gdi.exe, error in Winoldap.exe, error in the Kernel, protection exception, blue screen etc: the constant is the system freeze.
The problem is not present if I use the WMA encoder.
Thanks for help
Luigi

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.84 -- C:\Programmi\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows Me
AMD Athlon 805 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB
Resource Info: System - 66 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 66 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
Luigi1943

michel

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2002, 01:39:47 am »

• Massive 'update tag from db' takes a lot of memory: MJ memory usage increases from 15MB up to > 100 MB for 5000+ files to update.
  • Ctrl-A with a long list of songs takes a VERY long time (> 1 min for 10000+ files, with a lot of access disk) while that takes only 1 sec if you select them clicking on the first raw and then on the last raw with shift key.
  • For some operations (such as 'update tag from db') MJ displays in real time the number of files done while there is not this information for other operations; it is a real problem for massive operations which can take hours.

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2002, 03:59:41 am »

Consistancy Failure...
Installer File called Media Center,
Program title Media Center,
Installer states Media Jukebox 9 Installer :)

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2002, 04:42:51 am »

Possible bug (version 9.0.83):

I haven't been able to confirm or deny the presence of this bug in 9.0.84 due to the particular conditions for triggering it not occuring, but I thought I would report it just to be on the safe side!

Streaming audio from a site in the UK, (http://www.virtuetv.com/clients/crysallis/galaxy1056.asx), plays fine for a while then  freezes when connection lost.  Connection is re-established and continues to play after about 15-30 seconds, and as it reestablishes a dialog box Windows Media Player: the connection to the server has been lost.  If I leave it it continues to play, if I OK the dialog box it stops playing?

Does it re-check to see if signal re-aquired before giving dialog box??

If I hit play immediately again, (after OKing dialog box), I get an empty dialog box with the critical icon (red X) and no title, no description, and an OK button.  I have to actually click stop, then play to get the station to play again.

Regards
Mark

UPDATE: Version 9.0.84 If I get connection lost I don't get any reconnection, but if I try to hit play without hitting stop I get the empty dialog box and have to OK it, hit stop, then play again.

holzherr

• nothing more to say...
Media Center 9.0.84 beta - File Trees
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2002, 07:31:45 am »

Moving from MJ8 to MC9 I noticed that you handle file trees
differently. This is fine and a matter of taste, but I miss
one feature I did have in MJ8 which is missing in MC9:

I have my files arranged in a directory tree, so for
example:

Classical
 Vocal
   Ensembles
   Coral
 Baroque

In MJ8 I could, in the media library, click on Vocal and get
all the tracks in the directory Ensembles or Coral, or click
on Classical and get all the tracks in Ensembles, Coral and
Baroque, etc.

This feature cannot be found or emulated in MC9

ZRocker

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2002, 08:15:56 am »

Bug with Portable Devices plug-in:

Basically Portable Devices plug-in version 3.0.16 and/or MC 9.0.84 has problems/bugs.  I attempted to to upload some tracks to my PC-Card w/a CF-card in it and experienced bugs that weren't present or were fixed in MJ 8.0.

1. Lots of MC crashes when queuing too many (more than CF card would hold), reviewing and attempting to delete some of the queued tracks.  I did recieve the MC error/warning about  too more data queued than available memory...but, shortly after MC would crash.

2. Queued, uploaded and queued some more tracks and MC showed the first queued tracks (that were already uploaded) still in the queue.

3. Attempted to review the queued tracks of which one was currently playing and MC reported a sharing violation on the playing track...this was fixed in MJ 8.0.

4. Other related problems/bugs...I'm sure if someone just plays with it for 15 mins they'll see them too.

Marko

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2002, 11:36:47 am »

I created a new playlist group and imported several playlists to it. I also created a new playlist and had ben sending a track here and a track there to this new playlist.

Twice now, I've exited from MC 9.0.84 and on restarting MC, my playlist group and all playlists inside it have gone!!

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: crash on play
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2002, 01:52:34 pm »

Tested on 9.0.84.

MJ crashes if Microsoft Media Player is running on a radio web page. (and therefore has control of sound output).

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
BUG: incorrect thumbnail view with playlist and p
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2002, 01:59:11 pm »

If a play list or playing now is selected, "toggle list style" causes to toggle between
- file thumbnail view
- file thumbnail view (second time)
- file name list

instead of

- album thumbnail view
- file thumbnail view
- file name list

(I made up the view names ).

RemyJ

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2002, 04:13:44 pm »

• Old Bug: If you have more than one sound device installed you can select which one MC plays through using the Wave Out settings, but MC's volume and mute controls always control the master out of the first sound card detected even if it's not the one it's playing through.  This bug has been around since early V8 releases and has been reported multiple times.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2002, 04:45:15 am »

Hi,

I was browsing through all my images (Cover art) in my 5000+ collection.  I was going through the Media Library Tree with ALBUM view (I created it).  I see my MP3 tracks with the cover art properly displayed.  I went through the albums serially.  After about 30+ albums, MC crashes.

I restarted MC, and tried again.  It crashes each time.

Problem 2:
I burned a new CD.  Afterwhich, I wanted to burn another copy, but I only ask for 1 copy.  I put another blank copy in and clicked START.  The burning start, but there are no titles (MC removes them if you only select 1 copy).  MC complains that no titles are selected, but the CD has been burnt, and becomes useless.

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1295 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 366 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS CDD4851 CD-R/RW   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Drive F: PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Faruz

• Recent member
  • Maybe next year...
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2002, 07:43:06 am »

Probably was reported earlier but:
1. Can't analyze audio for more than 200 songs. (my system crushes).
2. Some songs can not be analyzed (I get "error" with no explanations).
3. YADB: If first CD wasnt found in YADB you can't refresh CD data and you get only first CD information even if you change CDs.
4. After working for an hour or so I got major memory leaks.

Great job on this version!
I wasnt into the forums after version 8 coz I thought nothing could be better but I was wrong!

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2002, 11:34:18 am »

in device settings, audio cd copy, I have "play sound after ripping" checked. When hitting "choose sound" nothing happens.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up