INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.84 beta  (Read 14297 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.84 beta
« on: November 26, 2002, 12:24:37 pm »

Media Center 9.0.84 beta is available.  

This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things may crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90084.exe  

Changes      

1. Fixed: Main menu bar text wasn't vertically centered.
2. Fixed: Connecting to a v8 Media Server will no longer try to upgrade the DB, but instead simply fail.
3. Fixed: Playlist "Media Server" would not be automatically played when connecting to a Media Server.
4. Changed: Improved handling of "safe" vs. "unsafe" DSP's, so DSP works with WMA files with certified DSP plugins.
5. Fixed: Encoder customization was not working properly.
6. Changed: Handhelds now allow playback during conversion.
7. Changed: More streamlining of the TV options dialog.
8. Changed: Started migration to name "Media Center".

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.  

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lynn

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Media Center 9.0.84 beta
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 01:58:21 pm »

Hi,

I use MC ASIO, and overall it is a great option.  However, it also has the largest functional bug (for me) in all versions of 9.0.

At the end of a playlist, the trailing second(s) of the last song go into a loop and play repeatedly.  Pressing 'stop' does not stop.  Exiting MC does not help, and often crashes MC.  One workaround is to add a new song to the playlist, and then it buffers the song and plays fine.

I am running XP, P4/512.  The soundcard is an RME digi96 with latest drivers.  No other applications running.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

nila

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 02:08:54 pm »

Bug - have a cd in my drive.
click on 'rip cd'. It says: Gathering Information and Updating View.
I tried to cancel this and it froze MJ and I had to kill it.

Artist names are showing twice in the tree:

This tree's settings are: Artist/Album with search criteria of: N:\Full Albums

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 03:04:12 pm »

Something Is wrong With the splash Screen.

"Alpha" and it does not have a cat on It
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 03:10:49 pm »

Sorry, the p was supposed to have been an a.

Embarassing. :P

akmed

• Recent member
  • It's better to burn out, than to fade away....
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 05:28:15 pm »

Nila: I had the same problem, multiple artist listings, it turned out to be trailing spaces that appeared during my first import.  Select all your files, right click and choose Tools-->Clean File Properties, then set the operation to clean leading and trailing spaces for artist and album fields.  That saved me a bunch of manual moves.

Bug report: Saw it mentioned before, no resolution yet-
--my system has multiple audio outputs, is currently set for a USB device for playback, however volume control has no effect, it only controls standard XP sound device volume.  Under v8 it worked fine.
Ouput mode is: Wave Out, setting is device MD-PORT AN1 (USB wave sound device)

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 06:27:56 pm »

Thanks, guys!

Fixed: Analyze tool's memory leak (might have been fixed in 9.0.83...didn't try it until now)

Not Fixed: Comment tags not importing correctly (getting intensity values or simply "Media Jukebox" instead of actual comment)

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 06:39:20 pm »

pda plugin doesn't appear to work. I have a pocketpc 2002 and it does not show up. I tried downloading the plugin several times. I am running Win XP and media player 9.0.84.

Marko

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 10:59:00 pm »

"Automatically Import files into media library" is NOT working for mp3 files doubleclicked on in explorer.

Ripping cda to mp3: ripped the same cd twice, 1st time it failed to tag the 1st 2 files and the 2nd time it missed the first 5 before it remembered it should be applying tags. (auto-import works here, and the tag data for the "tagless" files is saved in the library, but NOT in the files themselves)

Cd autorun bug still present. (Insert audio cd while Media Centre is closed, MC opens, tries to access YADB, fails, [click ok] it tries again, fails, again, [click ok] - Media centre closes itself down.

Marko

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 11:42:08 pm »

author=hoehater
Not Fixed: Comment tags not importing correctly (getting intensity values or simply "Media Jukebox" instead of actual comment)

Really annoying this one. Mine imported correctly, but if I run any files through audio analyzer it overwrites my comments with an intensity value. My comment is still shown in the library, but I put these comments inside the files and I expect them to stay there.

I am so glad I tested on only a few files first. If I had queued them all up, many many hours work would have been wiped out, juslikethat!!!!

I will not be using replay gain until this is fixed.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2002, 12:22:38 am »

When time shifting is enabled, tuner always jumps to channel 4 no matter what channel I am watching.  For example, I am watching channel 49 (ESPN) and when I right click a timshift, channel jumps to 4 and time shifts that channel.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2002, 12:33:31 am »

Not displaying cover art at all.  I can get cover art from internet, it then shows in properties/image, but when I go to another song and then back, it no longer displays image.

webtree

• Recent member
  • Know where I'm going? Na, I'm just winging it...
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2002, 03:18:32 am »

When searching my library to import media files it crashes somewhere between 5 and 8 GB into the 20GB (~4000 files) of music on my networked server drive (M: ).  Was running fine on V8, although I never tried to import the entire library at once.  If I try to import directories individually, after it has crashed, I usually get all files unable to inport with no reason. If I start importing from a fresh library I get a few directories imported, and then it starts stating, unable to import music.

Mainly MP3 and a few WMA files.

Windows states generated internal error and will close and generates this event, with lots of crash data which I have if required.

Event Type:      Information
Event Source:      DrWatson
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      4097
Date:            27/11/2002
Time:            12:48:31
User:            N/A
Computer:      WEBTREE
Description:
The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on 11/27/2002 @ 12:48:31.234 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 02268053 (<nosymbols>)
Data:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.83 -- D:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2386 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: RICOH DVD/CDRW MP9200   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2002, 05:19:26 am »

When searching my library to import media files it crashes somewhere between 5 and 8 GB into the 20GB (~4000 files) of music on my networked server drive (M: ).  Was running fine on V8, although I never tried to

What happens if you import just MP3 files?  WMA's could be a problem right now if you have WMP9 installed.

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2002, 05:20:16 am »

At the end of a playlist, the trailing second(s) of the last song go into a loop and play repeatedly.  Pressing 'stop' does not stop.  Exiting MC does not help, and often crashes MC.  

I had similar problem in MJ8. After pressing stop, the CPU usage was 100% and the seek bar didn't return to the left side.
If I press stop in MC9, then it repeats playing of the last second of song. After pressing stop again, MC9 crashes.
I use Direct Sound output.

webtree

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2002, 06:11:10 am »

What happens if you import just MP3 files?  WMA's could be a problem right now if you have WMP9 installed.

I have wmp7.01.00.3055 and took everything out of the import list except the mp3 and a couple of other mpx options.  It crashed after importing 1808 files a size of 8.197 GB.

I have done a bit more digging and found that it is crashing on an mpu file which was in one of the directories.  That solves the problem immediately, but it was crashing at a previous point around the 5GB area, but that might have been a bug in a previous version you have fixed.

If you want to check out the particular file which was killing it you can get it at

http://www.mcwebtree.com/MJ9/Problem_File.m3u  (6kb)

I didn't create the mpu, so have no idea why it is full of gibberish!

Reset the import parameters and had no problems importing files, or wma's.  

This has however created a new problem.  Now I have the files in, it does refuse to play 1/2 my wma files, a good few of which were recorded and produced through MJ8.  If claims Failed Decoding.

Also when trying to convert the format of the wma files to mp3 it fails to decode a selection or even play them, but on files it plays OK, if I select convert to MP3 192kb it decodes the first file and sits there on the screen saying encoding, but the status bar doesn't move at all (over a spack of 5 minute no activity).  Hitting cancel greys out the cancel button but doesn't cancel the box.  The convert box (X) doesn't work, but minimise does.  You can still close MJ by using the MJ close icon fine.

Thanks.

webtree

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2002, 06:20:46 am »

Another thing - Playing DVD's

DVD error message while setting up DVD playback it was found that  * video cannot be shown on the computer monitor because of the following reasons:
Low video memory
Another application is using the necessary display resources
The display adapter is incompatible with the dvd decoder.

DVD: Ricoh MP9300
Grafix: GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128Mb
Monitor:  1024x768 16bit 17" CRT

The most irritating thing is that it tells me for every file on the dvd, I can't stop it trying to play, every few files I get Warning, Media Jukebox encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  Please make sure the path is right, which then promptly goes straight back to another DVD error.  

Any suggestions for either the error or cancelling the error message??

One final thing, It keeps telling me that I need flash to display the Help>About screen, and I have and have had flash on since installing the machine, and have installed it again, but it keeps insisting I need it installing, and will only bring up a blank screen.

nila

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2002, 06:35:42 am »

BUG
  • Updating tag Changes' for video files.
    This often just freezes and never unfreezes, alot of the time it takes ages to do as well. When it freezes, if I force kill it (which I have to do) and then open it again, it's made the changes.

Bird.of.Prey

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2002, 08:18:55 am »

While accessing the command line for the Ogg Vorbis encoder now works with the plug-in that comes with the software, if you update to the latest version of the Ogg encoder available on your web site, you get the previously reported error: "Advanced options are only available for Custom Quality mode", whether you're in custom quality mode or not.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but if you turn shuffle on then off, it seems like one of two things should happen (neither do):

-It automatically un-shuffles

-'Update Playback Order' from the context menu should un-shuffle

nila

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2002, 10:06:25 am »

BUGS
  • .m3u playlist files are still not working.

REQUEST
  • Upload files - can there also be a seperate input box to specify remote folder, I know this can be done by appending it to the address usually but for beginners this would be quite confusing.
  • Explorer context menu - would it be possible to add: Browse to this location (opens up MJ using the MY Computer tab and opens to the current location) and also add a 'edit properties' option which would open the current file in MJ selected in the property page so it's tags could be modified easily? :)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2002, 11:58:34 am »

Hi!
I was getting curious, so I installed MC9 on another partition on my HTPC with a dual boot, so my wife could keep her stable version 8. I was impressed by the stability, I did a torture test for a few hours (constantly changing and searching in the library with NetRemote) and had no crashes. It also imported my whole collection without complaining. And I really like the new "properties" window, it makes editing of many files at once a lot faster. But I found two bugs:

1. When searching for covers on the Net for my collection (around 17 000 mp3's) it wrote Media Jukebox in the comment field of the ID3 v2 tags on every file. But it's no problem, since I can use MP3Tag Studio to copy the comment field in the V1 tag to the V2 comment field of every file. And of course I have a full backup of all MP3 files before I try anything new...

2. In a library view with Genre and Artists grouped by the first letter (in my case I have 5 letters in each group) it's unable to group the norwegian special characters (amongst them an A with a ring over, pronnounced like the o in "corny"), they end up as "Others".

And another thing: I can download the Girder plugin, but it won't install. It's no big deal, I modified the GML-file so it sends keystrokes instead.
That's it for now, and keep up the good work, guys!  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2002, 12:25:43 pm »

Hello Folks,

I finally gave MC9 a try and here's  what I found so far :

1 - Upon conversion of an MJ8 library, all files were duplicated three times. That is on a 6960 files
MC9 imported 21240 files ! (the reported lib size jumped from 34 Gigs to more than 100 G ??  )

2 - Custom fields display is not persistent.  If I click on Custom#1 for example (Composer in my lib), Composer
will display but will disapear as soon as I change the view.

3 - Track number import for mp3 files is not consistent. For mp3 with just iD3v1 track numbers it seems
Ok but not for those with id3v1 and id3v2 track num. Especially if iD3v2 track num is of the form track/total (3/10).
Those comes from old Helium tagged files. (was Ok in MJ8 )

4 - Double click set in Option/General/Double Click does not work. Always go to fiull screen mode.

Pardon me if those were already reported but I'm quite new with MC(J)9.

Probably more later.

Xtian.

Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2002, 12:54:10 pm »

Hi Christian,
Did you try File/Update Library to see if MJ will correct the duplicate problem?  Several people have reported similar things that were caused by leading or trailing spaces in the name of the artist or album.

Jim

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2002, 01:05:40 pm »

When time shifting is enabled, tuner always jumps to channel 4 no matter what channel I am watching.  For example, I am watching channel 49 (ESPN) and when I right click a timshift, channel jumps to 4 and time shifts that channel.

I made an attempt at fixing this. It should be in the next build. Please be sure to give it a try when it is out, and let us know if it still does not work.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Cmagic

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2002, 01:30:07 pm »

Hello Jim,

Well I think I made my update the wrong way. What I did was to copy the MJ8 library files in a fresh
directory for MC9. I did copy them all (*.jmd) in say MCLib/Home.
Then I went in the library manager (File/Lib/Lib Manager) and did Add, naming my new lib Home and
setting its location as ../MCLib/Home. Then I switched to this newly created lib using Load.
That's when I got duplicate import for each of my files.
I suspect MC did the library conversion plus a complete reimport.
The duplicated were not due to leading or trailing spaces as it was exactly the same on every single file.

Anyway, I did not want to stay on that and later on I used this other strategy :
First created an empty new library (Home) in MCLib/Home.
From windows explorer I copied my MJ8 files in this directory.
Then did a simple library switch from say default to Home. MC Then proposed me to update my library
and all went well. It  imported 6960 files as expected, no duplicates.

ANother pbm I found in MC9.084 :
In Option/Tree & View/Sorting Removing All the sort fields does not work as expected.
When using the command the sort fields are apparently removed but as soon as you exit from the
option dialog and brings it back again all sort fields are here again !!

Thanks Jim,

Xtian

Bob Marley (War)

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2002, 01:40:59 pm »

Hey folks:

I posted a number of bugs/enhancement requests here.  Didn't want to take up too much space in this forum  :)

Adam (S)

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2002, 02:23:49 pm »

In the various views of Audio files I have several files that are incorrectly grouped as "Multiple Artists (incomplete)".

The coverart filenames also have "(Multiple Artists)" in the artist field.

Not sure what is being used to detirmine multiple artists ?

mcphzgig

• Recent member
  • From the Land Down Under
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2002, 02:28:48 pm »

Every time I start up Media Center 9.0.84, I get the message:

Media Jukebox encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.
Please make sure the path
...etc

Playing Now contains the list of the contents of my ...\user\start\programs\... folder and subfolders for some reason.

Can't see any path settings that could affect this.

Any suggestions?

System Info.
Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.84 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1203 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: IOMEGA CDRW9600INT-B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
[/i[
Media Center - Whatta concept! Wow!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2002, 02:31:39 pm »

This could be our bug, but try turning off the option in Startup for "Start playing current playlist".

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2002, 03:53:27 pm »

There is no longer a drop down list when selecting Genre in the Properties dialog.
Media Center didn't keep the additional icons I put into the toolbar (previous, next, and refresh).  I re-added them...when I save it the NEXT arrow disappears (becomes transparent because I can read "next" but it is not clickable.  When I put my cursor over it it's apparent Media Center reads it but nothing happens if I click in that area.

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2002, 04:11:26 pm »

I notice now the NEXT icon in the toolbar only disappears when I'm in the Start menu (when I need it).  It is fine in the Media Library and other views.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2002, 09:33:13 pm »

In a sudden and unexpected turn NetRemote stopped working with MC9 this morning and started to crash it instead. Yesterday it was working fine, and I haven't done anything in the setup as far as I know. Is this related to using a MJB 8 plugin (the modified Web Remote) together with MC9?  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

nila

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2002, 03:45:16 am »

BUG
  • have a cd in the drive, trying to browse to the cdrom drive or clicking the rip button says 'Gathering Information and Updating View'. Freezes here, cancelling it does the same thing again. Remains frozen.

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2002, 12:12:06 pm »

suggestions:

Support for OGM video/audio files.

Ability to create view schemes with more than one display types in one schema: e.g. [Artist]/[Year] - [Album Title]

Bring back the very useful Statistics feature.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2002, 01:06:00 pm »

Am also having problems with Comments except when I rip a CD & enter Comments absolutly nothing  shows up under Comments when I later play the WMA.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2002, 01:27:30 pm »

1. Splash screen still says "alpha".

2. I can still only manually edit one item at a time in "properties" without leaving the file and then coming back to change one more item.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2002, 02:35:15 pm »

1. Splash screen still says "alpha".

The splash screen that says "beta" is extra.  ;D

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2002, 03:09:10 pm »

Old Thug #1,
I am really trying hard to find bugs. That's my job, self-appointed though it is. After the Win98 issues were addressed, I am having trouble doing so. This version is performing better for me than ANY version has previously. I could burn DAO in Version 6 but it was very unstable on my machine. I can apparently do that (burn DAO) in this latest version with no instability. I have only been able to burn TAO in 7 AND 8 despite JohnT's heroic efforts. So far, I am VERY happy with 9 but I am still a BETA tester. I am not an ALPHA tester. And these are all the bugs I could find. Even bug #2 is not very inconvenient due to the improved way the file properties are accessed.
Cheez! Give me a break. A fellow has to protect his job.

I trust you had a good Thanksgiving? I did.

Who is Thug #2?

(I know you will anyway but it won't bother me if you delete whatever parts of this, or even all of it, that don't belong in this thread)

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2002, 03:40:33 pm »

He's Mike deLesseps, an old friend.  He lives in Maine, but he's designed most of our graphics since 1981 and he did some work for my old wood stove store before that.  

He did most of the graphics on this page:

www.jriver.com

He builds model boats in a shop off his kitchen.  Here are some pictures:

http://www.jriver.com/~jriver/2000/maine/Index.htm

Mike is in 1504 through 1515.  He built the boat.

His wife, Suzanne, is in 1520 and 1521 with thug #1.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2002, 03:56:01 pm »

Cool dude. Cool boats, both large and small. VERY cool houses. I love old houses. Somewhere in Maine is a 400 year-old timberframe (mortice and tenon, etc. - no nails, big timbers) church building made of chestnut.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

mcphzgig

• Recent member
  • From the Land Down Under
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2002, 02:42:24 am »

This could be our bug, but try turning off the option in Startup for "Start playing current playlist".

Sorry, Jim.  It was already off.
Media Center - Whatta concept! Wow!

ZRocker

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2002, 04:18:04 am »

Bug:

1. Select Media Type list for view schemes only has two entries: empty and Audio.  Where's Images, Video, and whatever else is supported by MC?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2002, 07:30:05 am »

Dunno if this has been reported before but was my first cd burn and I noticed it.  After clciking Burn CD when the CD Dialog comes up there are no details like how much of the CD is being used etc.  If you press f5 for a refresh they magically appear but surely they should be there straight away??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2002, 07:41:06 am »

Okay finished my burn and the new engine worked really nicely...only problem was that it only recorded 4 of the 14 tracks...Ummm!

Dunno what happened there then....I will try again and see if I have more luck...

Adam

UPDATE: K, dunno what was wrong with the first burn but have burned again and the CD is complete this time.  New engine works fantastically.  Nice One Guys!!  BTW my drive is a Mitsumi CR-48X9TE
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

orangarot

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2002, 09:42:10 am »

if i click on my cd burner media center freeze-> :'(

i installed the version on my other pc -> the same problem
Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.84 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 907 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 157 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive H: HP CD-WRITER+ 9300   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:10  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Cmagic

Re: Media Center 9.0.84 betaPlugin
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2002, 12:26:55 pm »

I found that a lot of problems in my conversion from Lib8 to Lib9 came from certain mp3 files
with problems in the ID3V2 tags.
In particular, some tracks have an ID3V2 tag with field  TRCK (Track number/Position ..): 4/10
if the track field is of the form n/p the track# does not import correctly.

To try and correct that I tried to import those files by setting the option
'Ignore ID3V2 tags during analysis' in Plugin/Input/MP3/configure but then -> CRASH.

So in short that's two bugs :

1 - MC9 Crash when importing mp3 file with 'Ignore ID3V2 tags during analysis' is set

2 - MP3 ID3V2 Track field with format nn/pp not imported correctly

Bob Marley (War)

frobig

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2002, 03:43:47 pm »

Clicking on "Check for Updates" crashes MC9. Is this because it's a beta?
How can I change the order of tracks in an album without changing track numbers individually in the properties window? The old system of dragging and dropping, then resetting track numbers by the new order if necessary, worked well and I miss it.

Oh, and clicking on "System Info" also crashes MC9, apparently, so no system info in this posting. I am running Windows XP Home Ed. with SP1 on an Athlon 1200 system.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2002, 04:28:55 am »

You can still change the track numbers according to the current order.  Right click and select tools->set track order according to current sequence...

Adam

JNKH

• World Citizen
  • I love Media Center
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2002, 12:39:08 pm »

Hi,

Just burned a new CD.  I realize MC (Music Center) when I add new tracks to burn, MC does not update the % of space used?  This could be a bug.
:(

Cmagic

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2002, 12:42:37 pm »

Hi NoCode,

It's true that we can still 'Filll track Number from list order' But It does not seem possible
to change the list order in any of the Media Library/Album views by Drag'n droping !!!

It's possible to change the sequence of a playlist in the Playlists tree using drag'n drop but not
in an album view.

Maybe there's another way to change the track order in an album view in MC9,
any clue ??

Bob Marley (War)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up