INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question/thought: incomplete albums  (Read 921 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Question/thought: incomplete albums
« on: November 29, 2002, 05:02:53 am »

Hi!
I was about to check my incomplete albums and went to the scheme Single artists (incomplete) for this task. When I saw all artists that didn't have a full album assigned I thought of this:
Why list the artists that don't have an album tag? It would be so much more easy/intiutive if the incomplete showed only those songs that DID have an album tag...? I have a lot of singles and they're never going top be part of an album...therefor not incomplete either.

What do you think?

dragyn

Re: Question/thought: incomplete albums
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 06:35:51 am »

Actually MC9 is capable of doing what you want now. It involves using a playlist group, smartlists, and a view scheme containing the playlist group.

I can go into more detail but I have done single artist (incomplete) showing only albums that do have tags.

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 03:57:00 pm »

Here's what you would need to do:

Create a playlist group. I use "Album Type"

Under the playlist group, create 4 smartlists using these rules:

Smartlist: Single artist (complete): -albumtype=incomplete -autoalbumartist=multiple
Smartlist: Single artist (incomplete): albumtype=incomplete -autoalbumartist=multiple -album=""
Smartlist: Multiple artists (complete): -albumtype=incomplete autoalbumartist=multiple
Smartlist: Multiple artists (incomplete): albumtype=incomplete autoalbumartist=multiple

Everything except the bold type will duplicate the current album type.

Create a view scheme. Add "Playlist" and use "Album Type" for the playlist group. You can add components to it just like normal.

The only problem with this is you won't know what files are causing it to show incomplete. You will know it's incomplete because it's in the group. You could always keep the current Album Type scheme and locate the file in that group to determine the file.

Single artist (incomplete) will only show incomplete albums that have tags in the album field. Other files will not show.

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 04:28:34 pm »

Thank you a bunch Dragyn! I'll try it out as soon as I can!
But still (stubborn as I am) it should be possible to get the (incomplete) scheme to filter this as well...just for the sake of it :)

Thanks again!

Pages: [1]   Go Up