INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0.83 Beta  (Read 6297 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Jukebox 9.0.83 Beta
« on: November 25, 2002, 12:56:32 pm »

Media Jukebox 9.0.83 beta is available.

This is beta software -- some things don't work, some things may crash, and your database and tags may not be totally safe.

If you're sure you want to continue, you can download here:      

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox90083.exe

Changes      

1. Changed: More error reporting from the registration control.
2. Fixed: Selecting a CDA track while viewing the "Format" properties pane would crash MJ.
3. Fixed: If "Always Show Bars" was set for the display, the display wouldn't be resized to accomodate the bars.
4. Fixed: Playlist view scheme groups didn't handle child smartlists properly.
5. Fixed: Media Jukebox would cause the task bar to stop functioning on Win98 and WinME.
6. Changed: Internal CD burner now accepts 110 character filenames for data CD's.
7. Fixed: Sound recorder wasn't importing files properly.
8. Changed: Track submission to YADB faster.
9. Fixed: Some right-click menus didn't work on Win9x machines.
10. Fixed: Pushing chevron button down and selecting menu item was crashing MJ.
11. NEW: Added "Preference" to the supported MusicMatch custom fields. (MJ can read and write)
12. Fixed: MP3 plugin was not saving settings.
13. NEW: Improved TV settings system.

Keep in mind that at this stage, we're getting more bug reports than we can fix each build. Please keep a list of bugs you find, and re-report anything that doesn't get fixed each build.

Thanks for your help, support, and patience.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bennyd

• Project Leader
Re: Media Jukebox 9.0.83 Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2002, 01:08:34 pm »

When deleting a song from Playing Now with SHIFT, the focus of the currently playing song is gone (was bug in 8 as well)

may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 01:14:19 pm »

Bug (maybe):

12. Fixed: MP3 plugin was not saving settings.

1. Just installed 9.0.83 and MJ lost my ID3v2 saving setting (Don't Save (remove))...feature or bugged still?

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 01:18:19 pm »

When copying a CD cover from cdnow (with right mouse button) and paste it in MJ's cover art property, I get a black Cover art

ZRocker

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 01:20:59 pm »

Praise:
6. Changed: Internal CD burner now accepts 110 character filenames for data CD's.

Can I get an 'Amen'!?

ZRocker

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 01:28:44 pm »

Bug:

1. Clicking Cancel to a CD burn queue list (data or audio) usually crashes MJ....just happened after a successful data CD burn (was happening in the past versions too).

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 02:23:47 pm »

I don't see the MMJB Preference tag/field ... it should be in the main view as a selectable column header and Properties > Extended

RemyJ

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 02:33:24 pm »

Current Status...
  • Fixed: CD Playback fails in digital mode on all my readers including the ones that worked fine in V8.  I get the "Media Jukebox encountered errors wihle trying to play the last several files".   In analog mode, they play but the stop button doesn't do anything.

• Open: Ripping in digital secure mode hangs near the end of the last audio track if there is also a data track on the cd.  Have to cancel, wait for everything to release, then rip the last track in digital large buffer mode.  

• Open: Auto discovery of media servers always responds with one or more popups:  "Invalid Media Server information" plus the host name and port.

• Open: If you make a parameter change on a media server and answer "Yes" to the "Do you want to reconnect" message, MS doesn't rebind itself to port 5556 and therefore won't answer autodiscovery queries.

• Open: The media server response to auto-detect requests with the host name of the first interface it bound to, even if that interface isn't reachable by the requesting client.  My server has 2 interfaces, a public one, and a private one.  The Media Server binds to both.  When my laptop does a search, the server responds with the private ip address even though it's unreachable and the request came in on the public one.

• Open: The media server search results window contains 2 duplicate entries  for every server interface with the same address.  I.E.  2 multi-homed servers show up as 8 entries in the list, 4 duplicate entries for server 1 and 4 duplicate entries for server 2.  Previous problem could also apply.

• Open: Pressing cancel in the media server search results window attempts a connect anyway (aparently not to any of the resuls though since the connect fails).

• Open: When "Decode directly to CD" is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn.  

• Open: If you select "Custom" as the MP3 Encoder Quality, the "Advanced" dialog allows you to select only bitrate instead of allowing you to specify custom command line parameters which is what it used to do.

• Open: "Calculate replay gain during ripping" isn't doing anything.

• Open: During a convert from wav to mp3, the track name is changed from
    "[NAME]" to "[TRACK #] - [NAME]".

• Open: The Import dialog still shows the old style patterns for setting properties from the directory and filename.  It also seems to not actually do anything even if corrected.

• Open: If you connect to a media server with a V8 database, V9 asks if you want to upgrade the database and re-analyze the files.   It should simply return an error message saying you can't connect to a server with a downlevel database.    If you press cancel on the upgrade message, MJ crashes.

• Open: In "File Naming and Location" you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like "m:\.coverart" the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field. Any valid file system path should be allowed.

• Open: When collapsing "Auto Smartlists (audio)" after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%. (maybe not a "problem", but it's still a pain)

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.83 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Server 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
    Intel Pentium 4 1759 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
    Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
     Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
     Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: TDK CDRW4800B   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Drive E: SONY CD-RW  CRX175A   Addr: 2:2:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
     Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
     Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 02:45:26 pm »

5. Fixed: Media Jukebox would cause the task bar to stop functioning on Win98 and WinME.

Yep. Sure did. Thanks.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

TimB

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 03:38:30 pm »

9. Fixed: Some right-click menus didn't work on Win9x machines.

Thanks folks!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2002, 05:12:24 pm »

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with my TV card since installing this release.  On version 8 I've had no problems and the TV card has worked great.  

But on V9 when I start the TV the picture is only updated every second - instead of a constant stream.

If I switch back to v8 my TV works correctly again...

My TV card is a USB Pinnacle PCTV (PAL1).

Also, If I've tried to watch TV in V9 and had the problems, when I exit MJ it displays a memory error as below:

again, if I switch back to version 8 then everything works okay...

I really hope you can fix this....

Thanks,  Mark

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1978 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 161 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-240B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2002, 05:44:44 pm »

Bugs:

• Installing new version does not:
    • Remember previous file associations
    • Remember previous IDv1/2 settings
    • Create a quicklaunch button

• TV scanning for channels still locks up MJ9 (after 26 channels in my case) BUT "autotune" in "configure TV" does not lock up MJ. Unfortunately, it also doesn't add the channels to the TV window (the name/channel list).

• Maximize/Restore Icon doesn't change (stays as maximize)

ZRocker

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 06:15:44 pm »

Bug (again) burning a data CD using internal burner:

1. I burned a data CD of 100 MP3s using the internal burner and, again, MJ burned all the MP3 tracks incorrectly and moved the last 2000+ bytes to the beginning of the next MP3 track (ID3v1 tag in there).  This time 2635 bytes of real track/tag data and 1461 (total 4096) of NULLs were added to the beginning of ever MP3 burned and each MP3 file was truncated by as many bytes.  So, basically, the internal burner burned (created) 100 currupt files.

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 06:18:47 pm »

Bug: Go to Converter Settings.  Select Ogg Vorbis for the encoder.  Select Custom for the Quality.  Click Advanced button and get message that Advanced options are available only for Custom Quality.

Bug:  Media Editor will only save as a Windows PCM (*.WAV) file.  Other file types not available.

dougc

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2002, 09:29:35 pm »

Re-report:  I'm using XP Home with 2 sound devices.  Motherboard sound support is the XP default for sound.  MJ is configured to use the external USB device.  The volume slider in MJ is controlling the default internal device even though it is correctly playing through the external USB device.

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 391 MB, Free - 231 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G:  RW-201040   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:20  MaxSpeed:20  Lib:2  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Tangoman

• World Citizen
  • You are nothing that you are conscious of.
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2002, 12:42:30 am »

Hi MJ
I have just updated to MJV9.0.83 my database seems to have dissappeared :-[ I see the jmd files max out at 19Kb seems small. Anybody else seen this problem.??
Cheers Tangodude
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left. - Anon

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2002, 12:48:05 am »

When playing a stream, the stream file is imported automatic into MJ and a playlist is created that I do not want

TimB

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2002, 02:08:26 am »

Win98SE

For starters my Copy to Clipboard doesn't work (even after reboot) so I can't post my configuration.  :)

The below issues happened after I was ripping and got a crash in Winoldapp and Lame.  I've since rebooted and now my cursor keys are dead but all else seems OK including ripping.

Might happen elsewhere but for me  in an editable File Properties box I type r and the Windows Start/Run dialog box appears.  Same area and copy, cut and paste don't work.  I went out to Netscape to post here and the f key brought up the Start/Find dialog.

Thanks!

-=Tim=-

TimB

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2002, 02:21:44 am »

Oh and this build is still turning off my digital output and resetting the master volume intermittently.

-=Tim=-

ZRocker

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2002, 04:06:12 am »

Bugs (drag-n-drop support):

1. When you drag files from the context tree (right) to a folder/node in the Org tree (left) under My Computer and drop them, MJ moves the files but refreshes the context tree with the wrong file list.  MJ leaves the same (original) folder/node highlighted in the Org tree but shows the contents of the dropped folder's files.  MJ should be showing the original folder's contents minus the dropped file(s).  Try it...you'll see what I mean about the confusion.

2. When using drag-n-drop to move files, MJ indicates a file copy will happen by showing the drop icon with the plus sign...but, in fact, only a file move is supported.

3. When using drag-n-drop, how do you specifiy you want to do a copy (not a move)?  Using the Ctrl or Alt keys in combination with a left-click and drag does nothing.

4. MJ updates the file's last modificaiton date on a drag-n-drop operation that simply moved the file to another location on the hard drive (under My Computer).  MJ should not be modifying the file's tag data on a simple move like this.

Request:

1. Any chance we can get right-click and drag support just like Windows Explorer supports (where you are then presented an action list after you drop the files on the destination folder/node)?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2002, 04:23:54 am »

Sorry I haven't been posting bug reports as often as I used to. I figure you still have my old one lying around and are referencing it from time to time, so I don't feel too pressured to post the same thing every day. :P

If you'd rather I did, I'll try harder. GTA3 is just sucking me in like a black hole...

Anyway, here's a new one from this build...

Video : MJ locks up after playing a video file in full screen. Not sure about other display modes.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2002, 04:27:55 am »

Markeau and MusicMatch preference

Pick some files with the preference in them, right-click, and pick "Tools -> Update Library From Tags".

It'll create the MusicMatch fields if it detects them.

Removing and re-importing will do the same.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2002, 05:09:51 am »

retrospek and TV woes

Try erasing this key with regedit.exe and try again:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\TV Settings

If it still doesn't work, start a new thread and we'll dig deeper.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2002, 05:09:54 am »

Bugs:

TV scanning for channels still locks up MJ9 (after 26 channels in my case) BUT "autotune" in "configure TV" does not lock up MJ. Unfortunately, it also doesn't add the channels to the TV window (the name/channel list).

I saw one instance on my machine when scanning seems to have locked (the on screen message stopped updating) but it actually did not. Scanning continued, and eventually finished. Did you see a real lock up? As far as scanning goes, MJ9 does it the same way as MJ8, there is no change at all.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2002, 05:11:53 am »

TimB and key troubles

It sounds like Windows is confused and thinks your "Windows" button is down.  Try hitting it a few times and see if that helps.

Mr.X

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2002, 05:20:33 am »

Yaobing:
I saw one instance on my machine when scanning seems to have locked (the on screen message stopped updating) but it actually did not. Scanning continued, and eventually finished. Did you see a real lock up? As far as scanning goes, MJ9 does it the same way as MJ8, there is no change at all.

You are correct. It "locks" with a blank square in the middle of the screen, and the counter at the bottom doesn't change. Leave it long enough, and it will finish, with all the channels scanned.

What's causing the screen weirdness?

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2002, 05:20:53 am »

MMJB Preference - Fixed

That was weird because I dl'd the new MJ9 with the Preference fix and did a Library import but Preference did not show up.  Then I removed and re-imported the Library and then it showed up.

TimB

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2002, 05:21:06 am »

Win98SE

Matt, not sure if you saw in my note where I said that most of these had been resolved by a reboot after MJ9 crashed with Winoldapp and Lame crashes.  Wanted to make sure I was clear (I reread my note and it confused me).

Peripheral key problems left, like ctrl, cursor movement keys, etc.  The Windows key isn't the solution, I just tried it several times with no results.

For example if I go to MS Word and use Ctrl-V the View menu comes up and my cursor keys still don't work.

-=Tim=-

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2002, 05:21:34 am »

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with my TV card since installing this release.  On version 8 I've had no problems and the TV card has worked great.  

But on V9 when I start the TV the picture is only updated every second - instead of a constant stream.

If Matt's suggestion did not work, also try this:

While TV is running, choose TV Options->Configure TV...
and click Advanced Properties. See if you can find an item called "Video Preview Pin...". Double click on it and make sure "Frame Rate" is at 29.97 or anywhere between 20 and 30, "Color Space / Compression" is at YUY2, and output size is 320x240.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

TimB

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2002, 05:23:15 am »

This sounds like a bug we're seeing in the iPod plugin too.

-=Tim=-

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2002, 05:43:39 am »

TimB

Now it sounds like the system thinks "Alt" is down.

If you restart, do the problems only start after running MJ?  If that's the case, it could be our fault.  If the problems start even before running MJ (after a restart), then it's something else.  Let us know...

TimB

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2002, 06:48:48 am »

TimB

Now it sounds like the system thinks "Alt" is down.

If you restart, do the problems only start after running MJ?  If that's the case, it could be our fault.  If the problems start even before running MJ (after a restart), then it's something else.  Let us know...

Well I've just replaced my keyboard with a spare Microsoft (Un)Natural Keyboard and the problem seems to have gone away so I guess it was a bad keyboard.  :-[

Thanks for your patience on this.  (Boy am I glad I pulled my "you don't love Win98SE" rant from the original post!!  ::) )

-=Tim=-

Seppel

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2002, 06:48:59 am »

Mhhh i think MJ 9 have problems with the german "Umlauts" ä und ö.

It ignores mp3s with these letters in the id3 Tag.

duhva

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2002, 06:54:59 am »

Hi. I just upgraded and found two bugs:

1. When I click MPIO under CD/handhelds on left hand menu, it says "Can not find plug in MPIO". When I click OK, instead of error handling MJ crashes.

2. I had this problem with v8.0.388: when I play a CD using MJ9 I get a "tck" popping sound throughout playback. I do not experience this playign the same CDs using Windows Media Player.

System Info:

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 323 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 88 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.

Any suggestions on #2 are appreciated. -duhva

plas

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2002, 08:44:28 am »

Tags are sometimes not written to files when converting wav to mp3 or ogg.

RemyJ

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2002, 08:58:50 am »

• New: Burning data cds, "Status" doesn't display every file and the "File n of x" display shows "n" jumping around randomly.   For audio CDs, the "File n of x" works ok, but "Status" sometimes sticks at "Writing lead-in with CD-Text"

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up