INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8 & 9 will not play audio CD's  (Read 1174 times)

reuven10

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJ 8 & 9 will not play audio CD's
« on: November 23, 2002, 06:51:59 am »

Hi all:

Ever since my registered V.7 turned to be V.8, continued to the somewhat problematic V.9, I am not able to play audio CD's any more:

The program reads correctly the CD, connects to the internet's CDDB and properly displays the playlist. BUT when  it comes to playing the cuts, it just scrolls down the playlist.

The result is that I was using MJ only for burning CDs with formats that Nero will not recognize: .OGG and .APE.

My CD burner, even though it is a USB Plextor, is properly recognized by the system (WinME) and by MJ.

Any suggestions???

(How about making MJ to recognize .FLAC files???)

Regards,

Reuven

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ 8 & 9 will not play audio CD's
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 04:34:20 pm »

Please post your system info (from MJ's help menu). There was a bug fix for this problem in the most recent build of version 9. Is that the version you're running?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

reuven10

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 05:49:42 pm »

Also, while CDs are recognized with probing CDDB, they are NOT recognized with MJ's YADB.

Also, while installing V.9, one .DLL could not be found-it had to do something with .OGG. I think this caused the V.9 to crash while importing media files, when it encountered .OGG files.

========================================

Here is my system's info:
Media Jukebox  9.0.80 -- e:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows Me
Intel Pentium III 904 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 59 MB
Resource Info: System - 36 %, GDI - 52 %, User - 36 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.57 (1013) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1998 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W2410A   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:24  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 05:16:41 pm »

How did you do each upgrade v7>v8>v9? Did you uninstall the previous version (best way) or just install over the top (problematic). Your ASPI is old (v4.72 is latest). Even if you have MJ using it's own it's still a good idea to have the latest system wide ASPI. Hit the Adaptec site & download.

It may not solve your playback problem (though 9.0.083 might) but might take care of others not mentioned.

10-27

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 04:42:19 am »

I think you need to install the latest version of MJ 9. There was this bug fix in version 9.0.82:

15. Fixed: Digital CD playback would fail in some cases on Win98.

Even though the bug fix only mentioned Win98, it applies to ME as well.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up