INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions, Bugs or Requests?    (Read 791 times)

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Questions, Bugs or Requests?  
« on: November 22, 2002, 06:53:07 am »

I've been using MJ for several months and just love it.  I'm a fan of the product and the style of the company as expressed in this forum.   Here are a few questions, or perhaps they are bugs in 9.0 (I'm using 9.0.80).  Should these issues not be bugs or operator errors then I guess they are feature requests.

1.  In the Organization Tree.  I'd like to be able to set up a "default expansion level" - example; In Media Library: Audio; open to first level, Playlists; open to the first level, or whatever.  I could imagine a right click on the org tree with a default expansion selection.  Or can I do this now somehow?  Whenever I open MJ all is unexpanded (regardless of options settings).

2.  In Organization Tree.  I'd like to Hide any listing.  For example I'd like to simplify my org tree by hiding Smart List Video, TV Tuner and other things.  I can delete some of these but they come back when MJ is reopened.

3. Images.  I have album images downloaded at the medium size.  Sometimes I want to make them larger.  How to do this?  If I reload all images at the large size can I then select to display them at smaller sizes?  

4.  This must be a bug:  If I remove a file from a playlist (say, to shorten the playtime to fit on a CD) the playlist timer actually increases each time a file is removed.

Thanks much,
Ken

dkistner

Re: Questions, Bugs or Requests?  
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 10:26:49 am »

Bugs: I downloaded what I thought was the MJ9 Beta (via email link) after receiving an email notice that I'd be able to upgrade to it from MJ8 free of charge if doing so before Dec. 1.

When I installed it, it uninstalled 8, then installed MJ9 ALPHA. Which promptly crashed and now my MJ will not run anymore.

What to do? I'm going to restore a ghost to get MJ8 back. But what if I want to benefit from the MJ9 free update?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 10:43:16 am »

Try a reboot/reinstall of V9.

If you update again, don't uninstall 8.

AsparaGus

• Recent member
  • I'm AsparaGus and you're not
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2002, 02:29:36 pm »

Same thing happened to me  :) but I was expecting the 9 Alpha (tired of Beta-testing and I wanna relax with my music!)

After the crash, I rebooted twice and MJ 9 kept crashing. (I shoulda read the FAQs) It did uninstall version 8 (and I didn't see and option not to) but it didn't create a backup which the FAQs said it would.

Bottom line: clearing the library and re-importing has seemed to fix the crashing.... so far
Pages: [1]   Go Up