INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'album artist (auto)': it is almost perfect but...  (Read 836 times)

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
'album artist (auto)': it is almost perfect but...
« on: November 16, 2002, 11:40:46 am »

'album artist (auto)' key allows to display in the tree view Mutiple artists and Single artists.

So that could be sufficient to differentiate "normal" albums from "compilation" albums.

Unhopefully, when a compilation album has none 'artist' field set, it appears under Single artists/(unassigned).

It is not illogical but that could be more useful to display it under Multiple artists/(unassigned) because it is much more likely to have a "compilation" album without artists set than a real single artist album without artists set.

Think about "party" albums such as ('Dance Machine vol 12') where the "artists" are local band featuring hits so I don't take the trouble to fill 'artist' field.

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
Re: 'album artist (auto)': it is almost perfect bu
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 10:41:50 pm »

My suggestion is to have more categories under the auto album, including

- Unknown Artist
- Unknown Album

or similar -- I would only have albums with 2 or more tracks showing up in "Single Artist (incomplete)" or even "Multiple Artist (incomplete)" but for the single tracks, it is rather presumptuous on MJ's part to assume that they all belong to single artist albums...

Just my 2c.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs
Pages: [1]   Go Up